2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Strangely I couldn’t hear the prodigy at all at Blink, or indeed Skrillex at Liam…

It seemed to vary a lot, Sonny Federa/ Lana Del Rey was deffo the worst. Astoundingly loud bass noise

Could be the way those acts had their sound design. Can imagine blink-182 and LG would've wanted things turned up loud. Certainly louder than LDR, anyway.

Edited by charlierc

39 minutes ago, Benj said:

Strangely I couldn’t hear the prodigy at all at Blink, or indeed Skrillex at Liam…

It seemed to vary a lot, Sonny Federa/ Lana Del Rey was deffo the worst. Astoundingly loud bass noise

My ears are still ringing after spending the last two sets of Sunday at the Chevron, feels like I’m underwater 😂

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Do you think that if you stood roughly equidistant between the two stages that there'd have felt like a Blink v Prodigy battle of the bands?

I know it was never going to be like this in reality but I expected pits all over the place for Omen and saw nothing midway back

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You can hear The Prodigy loud and clear during Blink’s Reading set on iPlayer 😂

Shows what an absolute joke the set up is if it’s picked up on in the recording, even if it’s from FX mics.

They’ll have to do something for next year, serious musicians won’t play if they’re gonna be drown out by Sonny Fodera’s bass set to 13.

Surprised Del Rey took it so well

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You can hear The Prodigy loud and clear during Blink’s Reading set on iPlayer 😂

The layout at Reading for those two stages is totally wrong. Leeds was fantastic as the two stages are at opposite ends of the arena, The Chevron right near the entrance, the sound on the Chevron was better than the main stage at times. 

16 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, I did think after posting it’s lacking in a female headliner. 

I guess Chase & Status could go on the Chevron but after Fred this year, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them get the very top billing. They’d go down so well. 

Chase & Status have been doing huge shows recently - can't see them doing Chevron right now.

I guess you can argue Prodigy but they did both Boardmasters and a sold out very quickly MK Bowl this year

Both prodigy and C&S mad to accept chevron i think really

if they don’t get a one or a few of sabrina carpenter, charli xcx, Gracie Abrams, Chappell roan, theyve really missed a trick - all having massive summers and would sell tons of day tickets I think

9 hours ago, Will b said:

if they don’t get a one or a few of sabrina carpenter, charli xcx, Gracie Abrams, Chappell roan, theyve really missed a trick - all having massive summers and would sell tons of day tickets I think

It's already going in a different direction tbf given I thought they'd try for Dua Lipa but seems like Wembley will be her priority shows for next year.

charli xcx feels like the one you'd imagine they'd be wanting to go all-in on.

16 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It's already going in a different direction tbf given I thought they'd try for Dua Lipa but seems like Wembley will be her priority shows for next year.

I think Charli will end up with a massive slot at Glastonbury. Same for Sabrina. I think Chappell Roan will be the big pop star at R&L 2025. 

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

Everyone and their nan will be after Charli next year

Will be interesting to see what she ends up doing - could easily headline R&L and Other

Or do a APE day

Bet she does Parklife too - homerun booking for them

Edited by gfa

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Everyone and their nan will be after Charli next year

Will be interesting to see what she ends up doing - could easily headline R&L and Other

Or do a APE day

Bet she does Parklife too - homerun booking for them

Yeah Carlie XCX could easily do Glastonbury and Reading

21 Pilots/ an other Co-head

Charlie XCX/ an other Co-head

Foo Fighters

Would allow a slow wind down from 6 headliners

MAIN: Chase & Status / Chappell Roan / Idles / Lizzy McAlpine / The Snuts

CHEVRON: Little Simz / JADE

RADIO 1: Turnstile

FR: Maggie Rogers

MAIN: Eminem / The Courteeners / Benson Boone / Declan McKenna / English Teacher

CHEVRON: Charli XCX / Sub Focus

RADIO 1: Busted

FR: Soft Play

MAIN: Foo Fighters / Vampire Weekend / Gracie Abrams / The Lathums / Bob Vylan

CHEVRON: PinkPantheress / Sammy Virji

RADIO 1: Phoebe Bridgers

FR: Yard Act

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Foo Fighters

I don't think anyone outside of this thread has much interest in it going down from 6 headliners

Lots of people will see Foo Fighters and be annoyed they don't get a headliner they like that day - there's no reason for Foos not to have one with them for the kids

1 hour ago, Andrinald said:

MAIN: Chase & Status / Chappell Roan / Idles / Lizzy McAlpine / The Snuts

CHEVRON: Little Simz / JADE

RADIO 1: Turnstile

FR: Maggie Rogers

MAIN: Eminem / The Courteeners / Benson Boone / Declan McKenna / English Teacher

CHEVRON: Charli XCX / Sub Focus

RADIO 1: Busted

FR: Soft Play

MAIN: Foo Fighters / Vampire Weekend / Gracie Abrams / The Lathums / Bob Vylan

CHEVRON: PinkPantheress / Sammy Virji

RADIO 1: Phoebe Bridgers

FR: Yard Act

bit blokes on the main stage women in the tent this

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

I don't think anyone outside of this thread has much interest in it going down from 6 headliners

Lots of people will see Foo Fighters and be annoyed they don't get a headliner they like that day - there's no reason for Foos not to have one with them for the kids

bit blokes on the main stage women in the tent this

All punters will obviously want as many headliners as they can get

I think the festival will want to move away from that expectation though as much as they can. 

The main poster this year kind of confirmed that with the names not listed by day. I think we’ll See it vary in coming years from 4 to 6 depending on how many co-head nights they book

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

All punters will obviously want as many headliners as they can get

I think the festival will want to move away from that expectation though as much as they can. 

The main poster this year kind of confirmed that with the names not listed by day. I think we’ll See it vary in coming years from 4 to 6 depending on how many co-head nights they book

Why - the old format couldn't sell the site well anymore - that's why it changed

They have finally got it working, why change it now! Its only people on here that seem to not like it, the festival are clearly sticking at it.

They got AM - clearly big enough to do it solo, didn't change it.

Acts blow up quicker than ever now, being able to offer a 'headline' slot to upcoming acts to entice them whilst also having a more established act alongside them is a good perk to have I think

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Why - the old format couldn't sell the site well anymore - that's why it changed

They have finally got it working, why change it now! Its only people on here that seem to not like it, the festival are clearly sticking at it.

They got AM - clearly big enough to do it solo, didn't change it.

Acts blow up quicker than ever now, being able to offer a 'headline' slot to upcoming acts to entice them whilst also having a more established act alongside them is a good perk to have I think

The non 6 headliner format sold out many years no problem, it was the change to 6 that failed!

They can mix and match now, like they did when they regularly sold out, prior to the failed two main stage experiment.

There’s no need to have 6 any more, reckon we’ll see 4/5 like we did 2014-19 when it sold v well…

8 hours ago, Benj said:

Foo Fighters

If they stick with the 6 ‘headliners’ format, I could see: 

Eminem x Charli xcx 

Chase & Status x Kasabian 

Foo Fighters x YUNGBLUD 

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

If they stick with the 6 ‘headliners’ format, I could see: