2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

23 hours ago, CG31 said:

I do love a bit of Rudamental and Gracie Abrarms and Maisey Peters

IMG_7420.png

The Vaccines and Royal Blood are weak second headliners with no apparent strengthening elsewhere.

This would definitely sell worse than this year

20 hours ago, tomarchbold said:

I think festival republic looking at c&s will see a cheaper headliner. if they invest in the likes of a foos, i think theyd like the ability to get a cheaper headliner rather than using him on the chevron

i mean if they do get on the chevron thatd be banging though

There's no point of ramming them into chevron. it would be great i'm sure in chevron but if they get them cheap they should really make them the second headliner

-

re orod there infos she's doing lolla chicago which might mean reading falls too late

Edited by gfa

4 hours ago, gfa said:

re orod there infos she's doing lolla chicago which might mean reading falls too late

Blink and Skrillex both did both this year

I think she could still do her own shows in the UK at this point as opposed to fall back on festivals

There is probably still a certain cachet left in the festival for her doing Reading reputation-wise though if she wants to cultivate a more serious, edgy rep…

Leeds hardly felt bustling this year. Even at night the two main entertainment areas (Relentless and Piccadilly) were the quietest I’ve ever seen them every night. They’re usually rammed but this year Piccadilly didn’t have a crowd past the ice cream van on any of the nights. Silent disco had about 200 people on the Saturday night. 

Interesting given days sold out at both venues

I thought the Reading arena seemed about 90% or so of the norm, it’s always difficult to judge though as where you stand can make a huge difference to perceptions

26 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Yeah! felt quieter this year, especially in the campsite. 

The popularity of the Chevron stage shows just how stale the festival had become stages wise

Its a start and the newer main stage is pretty good and still ahead of its time really with the wraparound screens (not that new now) but the other stages are just dull tents that haven't been changed for ages! very boring compared to every other major festival

Obviously the focus isn't on stage design completely, its music mostly but it doesn't help!

3 hours ago, gfa said:

The popularity of the Chevron stage shows just how stale the festival had become stages wise

Its a start and the newer main stage is pretty good and still ahead of its time really with the wraparound screens (not that new now) but the other stages are just dull tents that haven't been changed for ages! very boring compared to every other major festival

Obviously the focus isn't on stage design completely, its music mostly but it doesn't help!

They updated the screens in the R1 at least to make it slightly worthy of a large festival 3rd stage.

And at least they have now have  3 differing venues now as opposed to the awful main stage clones where you felt you were at the same place all Day despite the yo-yoing

They should deffo do more with the 3rd stage now though. In this day and age people expect more than just a band in a tent and some tellies, although that can be the format for the FR!

I have decided that Foo Fighters are definitely headlining and I would like their day to be like this: 

Foo Fighters 

Twenty One Pilots 

Enter Shikari*

Frank Carter & Rattlesnakes 

Ashnikko

Soft Play 

Joey Valence & Brae

Cassyette

High Vis 

Little Simz / Bicep / Jamie xx / Justice on the Chevron so I can leave Foos after half an hour. Sorted.

*Shikari are playing some Euro dates in August that were announced today. 

Edited by Andre91

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

People who've been to L+R for a while are definitely gonna feel the crowd reduction with the new pricing scheme that eliminates the masses in favour of those with more disposable cash. 

What do you mean?

They’d rather sell less tickets to people willing to spend more on them?

1 minute ago, Benj said:

What do you mean?

They’d rather sell less tickets to people willing to spend more on them?

That's exactly what they're doing, yeah, they've introduced tiered pricing. So the field's gonna have less people in overall but some of them will have spent more. It's gonna feel emptier than ever to people who've been before. 

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I have decided that Foo Fighters are definitely headlining and I would like their day to be like this: 

Foo Fighters 

Twenty One Pilots 

Enter Shikari*

Ashnikko

Soft Play 

Joey Valence & Brae

Cassyette

High Vis 

Little Simz / Bicep / Jamie xx / Justice on the Chevron so I can leave Foos after half an hour. Sorted.

Simz, Bicep, Jamie and Justice on the same day?!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

That's exactly what they're doing, yeah, they've introduced tiered pricing. So the field's gonna have less people in overall but some of them will have spent more. It's gonna feel emptier than ever to people who've been before. 

Im not sure that’s necessarily the case. The only tickets to hit top tier were those that sold out. 

If they get it right they’ll sell out extracting as much out of people as they can

They’ll make more money selling 80,000 tickets at 300 than 50,000 tickets at 350

Sell 50,000 at 300 and 30,000 at 350 and now they’re cooking. An extra million plus quid…

I didn’t think it felt busy at any point at Leeds this year. I didn’t see Fred Again so maybe that was busier. People we’re packed in for The Prodigy but not the crowd I expected. Didn’t queue for a beer all weekend.

Last time I remember thinking it was properly rammed was AM in 2022 but that had legit sold out.

One of our group took these two photos of Piccadilly, one from likely Thursday (busy) and the other from the weekend (dead).

55A5FD38-84C0-4BC8-80BE-AB2C209C4D99.jpeg

C5344792-AEF3-43A4-9925-EA4B015A9967.jpeg

26 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I didn’t think it felt busy at any point at Leeds this year. I didn’t see Fred Again so maybe that was busier. People we’re packed in for The Prodigy but not the crowd I expected. Didn’t queue for a beer all weekend.

Last time I remember thinking it was properly rammed was AM in 2022 but that had legit sold out.

One of our group took these two photos of Piccadilly, one from likely Thursday (busy) and the other from the weekend (dead).

55A5FD38-84C0-4BC8-80BE-AB2C209C4D99.jpeg

C5344792-AEF3-43A4-9925-EA4B015A9967.jpeg

Fred’s crowd wasn’t as gigantic as I thought, especially when it started drizzling. It cleared well out. 

20 hours ago, BenG92 said:

I'm not sure this is entirely right, quite a literal way to look at it

Tickets have gone up in price but are still pretty comparable with most other major fests.

I see it more as they are trying tiers to help shift tickets faster - in the same way superstruct fests do.

I see it as more like getting 1 person to pay 250, 1 to pay 300 and 1 to pay 350 rather than them all just paying 300.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Foo Fighters 

Twenty One Pilots 

Enter Shikari*

Ashnikko

Soft Play 

Joey Valence & Brae

Cassyette

High Vis 

Amazing line-up for a Foos day. I'd be happy for Ashnikko to be taken out and just extra time given to Foos though. Would 100% make my R&L return for the day if that was the line-up though. Don't appreciate that you'd leave Foos early though, haha. 

Do you think TOP would take a sub slot? 

Edited by foolee

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Foo Fighters 

Twenty One Pilots 

Enter Shikari*

Ashnikko

Soft Play 

Joey Valence & Brae

Cassyette

High Vis 

That won't happen pal, it's too good

On 9/4/2024 at 4:25 PM, jonnyisRFC said:

Really? Reading was the quietest I’ve seen it years. By quite some distance too. 

I seem to remember it being £265 for early entry. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Amazing line-up for a Foos day. I'd be happy for Ashnikko to be taken out and just extra time given to Foos though. Would 100% make my R&L return for the day if that was the line-up though. Don't appreciate that you'd leave Foos early though, haha. 

Do you think TOP would take a sub slot? 

It's a good lineup but having Frank Catter play virtually the same spot fosn again on the same headliner day again isn't great.

FF are going to headline though I'm pretty sure of that but I'd imagine it's going to be the day with no double headliners as they aren't playing for just 1hr 30. It think you'll have 5 headliners instead of 6. 

I wouldn't rule Reading out of getting Green Day either.

The Chevron will do very well as dance music is a big phase of the main age attendee. 

I think Papa Roach are going to play this as well.

Edited by northernangel

On 9/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, Andre91 said:

Fred’s crowd wasn’t as gigantic as I thought, especially when it started drizzling. It cleared well out. 

Majority of day tickets were clearly sold to Lana fans.  There was a significant exodus at Reading too despite fair weather Wombats grabbed a tentful+.

Leeds prob also had the Sunday night, had enough lets go home on top of that too...

Deffo a little over hyped on here though I think, clearly massive with a certain element but not mainstream big. Blink and Liam had bigger crowds, despite decent Chevron opposition...