2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’re not going to be more popular now in their current guise, are they. 

I honestly dont know for sure, I wouldn't be going regardless but I know big fans as well and they will be.

As a band itself, I don't think there is any argument of who the bigger deal is.

22 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I honestly dont know for sure, I wouldn't be going regardless but I know big fans as well and they will be.

As a band itself, I don't think there is any argument of who the bigger deal is.

Historically yeah but this move has split a lot of the fanbase for sure. There’s people who love this and people who hate it. I don’t think they’re going to be as big or as mainstream-covered as they were with Chester at all. 

Selfishly, I hope they aren’t at Download or, if they are, they’re on the Sunday so I can go home early. I wouldn’t have any interest in seeing them if Chester was still alive. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

Idk I feel like Linkin fit the festival, but I’m surprised that they’ve not played it that much.

Download sounds more likely on paper but they love to book Slipknot, Maiden, Kiss again and again rather than shaking it up with acts like this. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Historically yeah but this move has split a lot of the fanbase for sure. There’s people who love this and people who hate it. I don’t think they’re going to be as big or as mainstream-covered as they were with Chester at all. 

Selfishly, I hope they aren’t at Download or, if they are, they’re on the Sunday so I can go home early. I wouldn’t have any interest in seeing them if Chester was still alive. 

Yes I realise you are going against a biased view of it.

Blink still sold well without Tom and they still sold well well with Tom who can't sing and now Mark who's very ropey lol.

I don't care if they play it or not but I guarantee there will be more in favour than not. Had Mike not been heavily involved as a singer as well it would be vastly different and pointless.

2 minutes ago, M42 said:

Idk I feel like Linkin fit the festival, but I’m surprised that they’ve not played it that much.

Download sounds more likely on paper but they love to book Slipknot, Maiden, Kiss again and again rather than shaking it up with acts like this. 

I've a feeling that BST have got them.

RE TOP subbing 

They could but wouldn't be under Foos, they would be under whoever the weak headliner is or just headlining themself. They have dedicated fans and would definitely shift a good amount of day tickets

I would bet money on Linkin Park not being at R&L. They weren’t booked in the 14 years between 2003 when they headlined and 2017 when they stopped being active. They’re not booking half on Linkin Park in 2025. 

Edited by Andre91

49 minutes ago, foolee said:

Linkin Park might do R&L as it's a bigger pay day than Download with the 2 shows. Isn't the tour promoted by Live Nation which could go against the idea of APE or BST? 

Yeah, it is. I would say APE is a bust as they only sell tickets through AXS, but BST has TM as a ticketing partner, so people can buy through TM, and it has had Live Nation promoted tours before.

• Upvote 1

On 9/8/2024 at 1:01 PM, Andre91 said:

I would bet money on Linkin Park not being at R&L. They weren’t booked in the 14 years between 2003 when they headlined and 2017 when they stopped being active. They’re not booking half on Linkin Park in 2025. 

Mike Shinoda did play in 2018 which is worth mentioning too. I agree, download seems more likely especially if Randl are trying to book Foo Fighters. I can't see both bands headlining the same weekend 

24 minutes ago, glastorome said:

Kendrick doing Superbowl halftime show next year, if he drops a new album next year do we think he could headline again ? 

Definitely but not for 2025.

He was pretty expensive though so wouldn't expect it for a few more years, i'd expect a few cheaper act repeats before personally

There was info on Travis anyway no, would defo not be getting both

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Apparently Linkin Park are not booked for Download, but are booked for another UK festival.

I think BST makes more sense, but wouldn't surprise me to see them at R&L 

APE possible too

On 9/7/2024 at 9:23 PM, Andre91 said:

Are they? 

Yes definitely from music fans that I talk to (many of them not into rock music). I don't think anyone has ever started a conversation with me about Blink 182 compared to several conversations about LP over the years, and in particular in the last week. 

Linkin Park would be a big attraction for R&L on day tickets if it was an exclusive UK performance of 2025. especially with the Chevron as a stage that can also house 40,000 fans at the same time.