2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Great top end of the lineup and tickets would fly but not a chance they get all 3 of Em, ORod & Foos with TOP and Paramore on top of that. Would be way too expensive. Also think ORod is more likely for Glasto. 

Bang on to be honest this

Paramore and TOP could be second headliners if the main one was very weak but all 3 of those ones are very strong, expensive headliners

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Foos very unlikely to be paired with another headliner.

AM were who are a bigger draw. There's currently nothing to suggest a move away from 6 headliners

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Great top end of the lineup and tickets would fly but not a chance they get all 3 of Em, ORod & Foos with TOP and Paramore on top of that. Would be way too expensive. Also think ORod is more likely for Glasto. 

MGMT third is the weirdest thing about it. Or are they massive on TikTok or something?

Otherwise not the kid of act Reading gives spots to these days

52 minutes ago, Benj said:

MGMT third is the weirdest thing about it. Or are they massive on TikTok or something?

Otherwise not the kid of act Reading gives spots to these days

Little Dark Age was a big tiktok song

Kids, Time to Pretend and Electric Feel always been big songs though - that's not changing anytime soon.

APE is more their place tbh

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Foos and MCR in the same year?

Think Foos are going to be a massive question mark right now with the Dave stuff. Before that I'd have said very likely, right now hearing the MCR are "open to offers" for 2025 I reckon Download miss them and L+R may try and bag them

3 minutes ago, BenG92 said:
2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Think Foos are going to be a massive question mark right now with the Dave stuff.

undeniably this is a bad look for him yes. but surely if foos are playing 2025, it’s already been signed by now?

my view is by next summer when they’re playing nobody would really care about what’s happening, probably won’t be too big of a deal come late nov (assuming that’s when they announce a lineup)

6 minutes ago, tomarchbold said:

undeniably this is a bad look for him yes. but surely if foos are playing 2025, it’s already been signed by now?

my view is by next summer when they’re playing nobody would really care about what’s happening, probably won’t be too big of a deal come late nov (assuming that’s when they announce a lineup)

It's not about public perception, it's that for all we know, soon Dave might be going through a messy divorce, helping raising a newborn, who knows, maybe his daughter will end up hating him. He can unsign what he likes because he's Dave Grohl but this could have a major impact on touring soon. Or none at all. Really is just a giant question mark and I don't think anyone should be putting Foos in a single prediction until they're on a poster

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

My Chemical Romance, Chase & Status and Foo Fighters. Looks good, doesn’t it. 

Add Dua Lipa and Kasabian to this. I know she's doing the stadium shows but so did Green Day do Emirates in 2013 and returned for Reading that year so I'm going for her being the female act on a UK exclusive. 2023 is also one of many rare years that a Glastonbury headliners hadn't gone on to do Reading. Bearing in mind though due to covid, it messed things about whereby Reading in 21 was able to happen but Glastonbury wasn't.

I don't think MCR is strong enough option yet though.

12 hours ago, BenG92 said:

It's not about public perception, it's that for all we know, soon Dave might be going through a messy divorce, helping raising a newborn, who knows, maybe his daughter will end up hating him. He can unsign what he likes because he's Dave Grohl but this could have a major impact on touring soon. Or none at all. Really is just a giant question mark and I don't think anyone should be putting Foos in a single prediction until they're on a poster

seems reasonable

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

My Chemical Romance, Chase & Status and Foo Fighters. Looks good, doesn’t it. 

This would sell poorly given the clientele of the fest isn't this forum lol

If they get Foos they aren't going to get MCR

1 rock, 2 indie/dance/pop

2 hours ago, gfa said:

This would sell poorly given the clientele of the fest isn't this forum lol

If they get Foos they aren't going to get MCR

1 rock, 2 indie/dance/pop

I agree that it's not what you'd traditionally expect from Reading in this day and age, have things changed though? Its not all that different from this year really though with Blink and Liam Gallagher...

If their strategy is now appease the kids who are coming whatever with a loaded dance/ rap/ popular program on the Chevron/ lower MS bill, while getting bar spending older types in on day tickets to see headliners, it would tick the boxes.

Guess we'll see what what route they're looking to go down when all is revealed

1 hour ago, Benj said:

I agree that it's not what you'd traditionally expect from Reading in this day and age, have things changed though? Its not all that different from this year really though with Blink and Liam Gallagher...

If their strategy is now appease the kids who are coming whatever with a loaded dance/ rap/ popular program on the Chevron/ lower MS bill, while getting bar spending older types in on day tickets to see headliners, it would tick the boxes.

Guess we'll see what what route they're looking to go down when all is revealed

LG is very very popular with young indie

He's probably one of their best possible bookings at the minute especially for value, theres a reason they got him back after only 1 fest!

What i bolded is definitely not the case - they had Fred Again and Lana headline a day! Catfish LG and Gerry all have young fanbases too just with a lot of older people too.

They are trying to appeal to all ages more but not to the extent of getting Foos and MCR - this would really hit weekend sales I think for younger people. IF they stack the second headliners with younger acts it could work but that trio ain't cheap!

Edited by gfa