2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

15 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

It'd sell to a different clientele

14 hours ago, northernangel said:

No it wouldn't, that clientele don't want to go there and camp anymore. They are 35 at a festival that has school leavers attend and sit in tbe campsite regardless of who is booked. It's their right of passage virtually after school.

this^

There's not even day festivals in London booked like this, let alone 2 x 90k camping festivals. Completely unworkable

12 hours ago, gfa said:

this^

There's not even day festivals in London booked like this, let alone 2 x 90k camping festivals. Completely unworkable

Indeed, they need both markets if they want to sell 90k tickets

There’s an argument the kids will come whatevers on top of the bill, esp if they have options well catered to elsewhere.

It’s much harder for them to do it now they can seemingly only book 50% of the acts they used to but I think they did a pretty good job this year

On 9/14/2024 at 10:11 AM, tomarchbold said:

this is actually a question, ive never done early entry for the fest but doing it for next year. what time do gates open? says 6pm online but im sure it would be earlier knowing them?

They usually open whenever they’re ready, but in my 10+ years of going I’ve never had to wait until 6pm. 

between 11am-2pm is probably the average I’d say.

On 9/14/2024 at 10:11 AM, tomarchbold said:

this is actually a question, ive never done early entry for the fest but doing it for next year. what time do gates open? says 6pm online but im sure it would be earlier knowing them?

Usually around midday wednesday

On 9/14/2024 at 3:07 PM, Will b said:

Jungle are a good shout for chevron headliners although maybe they’re too big with ape headlines and o2 shows in the bag 

Definitely can still do it

On 9/14/2024 at 9:17 PM, Benj said:

Indeed, they need both markets if they want to sell 90k tickets

There’s an argument the kids will come whatevers on top of the bill, esp if they have options well catered to elsewhere.

It’s much harder for them to do it now they can seemingly only book 50% of the acts they used to but I think they did a pretty good job this year

Kids won't come whatever tops the bill, just have to look at how poorly it sold last year

1 hour ago, glastorome said:

Do you think the festival would give Charlie XCX a crack at headlining. The opening night of her Sweat tour looked pretty wild, like a massive old school industrial rave. 

They will 100% be after her for second headliner. She's huge this summer but not at main headliner level yet IMO.

3 hours ago, glastorome said:

Do you think the festival would give Charlie XCX a crack at headlining. The opening night of her Sweat tour looked pretty wild, like a massive old school industrial rave. 

i dont thinks shes fully ready yet, either a chevron or 2nd from top of the bill main stage i think

11 hours ago, glastorome said:

Could be at least a second headliner now, I’d have thought

a XCX-TOP could make for a decent co headline pair if they decide to drop the 6 big name malarkey

Them Rodrigo (maybe Indie co-head of there is one (Kasabian?)) and Foo Fighters, would be a decent 5some. Perhaps swap TOP and Kasabian

10 hours ago, gfa said:

Kids won't come whatever tops the bill, just have to look at how poorly it sold last year

I think the kids still went but the boomers didn’t…

Anecdotal but loads of older regulars off here binned it off last year a fair few were back this year, with the reformat and loyalty ticket sales…

I don’t think the kids need the big headliners, they just need a lot of current stuff to get excited about, wherever it is on the bill.

14 hours ago, Benj said:

I think the kids still went but the boomers didn’t…

Anecdotal but loads of older regulars off here binned it off last year a fair few were back this year, with the reformat and loyalty ticket sales…

I don’t think the kids need the big headliners, they just need a lot of current stuff to get excited about, wherever it is on the bill.

If you didn't have any headliners it would be a different story though

Its impossible to say though as shockingly they haven't tested not booking any big headliners for 80%+ of their audience 😂

Probably would rule them out based off that, sets them up for Glasto

Although they could still be good for helping weekend tickets sell as second headliner regardless i think so maybe not

Edited by gfa

8 hours ago, gfa said:

If you didn't have any headliners it would be a different story though

Its impossible to say though as shockingly they haven't tested not booking any big headliners for 80%+ of their audience 😂

A. you’ve clearly never been to festival when not a kid. It’s nowhere near not 80%+. Indeed if you hang out with the grownups you’d assume it was 80+% oldies

B. Blink and Prodigy are hardly gen-z tastic. You could arguably say that Fred Again was the only act who’s average core audience is under 25

Not many spring chickens here

IMG_4871.jpeg

Edited by Benj

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Probably would rule them out based off that, sets them up for Glasto

Although they could still be good for helping weekend tickets sell as second headliner regardless i think so maybe not

I mean, it's not impossible that they could do both, but would agree it makes Glasto likelier.

12 hours ago, Benj said:

A. you’ve clearly never been to festival when not a kid. It’s nowhere near not 80%+. Indeed if you hang out with the grownups you’d assume it was 80+% oldies

B. Blink and Prodigy are hardly gen-z tastic. You could arguably say that Fred Again was the only act who’s average core audience is under 25

Not many spring chickens here

IMG_4871.jpeg

Not many chickens there full stop - that's about 300 people 😂