2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

On 9/30/2024 at 9:14 PM, Steve G said:

Foos and Blink are Multi generational as with Muse I find there fans are 35-60 target only for the majority. Not saying they aren't massive but just not relevant to a R/L crowd no more. The festival has moved on. 

So I'm under 35 and have been to see them a lot, and at their show last year in Milton Keynes I saw a lot of people under my age.

The bigger question tbf is what are their actual plans next year. Matt Bellamy's guitar tech did a podcast a few weeks ago and said that that Muse are prioritising writing and recording next year. In saying that, Muse's last Reading and Leeds slot in 2017 came while they were also recording what became Simulation Theory, given they were in and out of the studio for about a year around gigs for it.

Personally, I think they could still do a job as R&L headliner but I think somebody else will do it.

19 minutes ago, charlierc said:

So I'm under 35 and have been to see them a lot, and at their show last year in Milton Keynes I saw a lot of people under my age.

The bigger question tbf is what are their actual plans next year. Matt Bellamy's guitar tech did a podcast a few weeks ago and said that that Muse are prioritising writing and recording next year. In saying that, Muse's last Reading and Leeds slot in 2017 came while they were also recording what became Simulation Theory, given they were in and out of the studio for about a year around gigs for it.

Personally, I think they could still do a job as R&L headliner but I think somebody else will do it.

I don't think they are touring. If what I've heard is true Download approached them to replace a headliner that dropped out and they thought about it, but passed it up. Don't think they will be active.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

I don't think they are touring. If what I've heard is true Download approached them to replace a headliner that dropped out and they thought about it, but passed it up. Don't think they will be active.

Interesting I didn't know that this was a report.

Either means they're an exclusive elsewhere or, as is more likely, they're just gonna prioritise the process of making a new album.

On 10/2/2024 at 12:38 PM, northernangel said:

So either way it's not a win as Muse are a soppy headliner for Download anyway. Soppy headliner in general now, another band without a decent record in years.

I mean, I recall them being well received at Download in 2015 and some of the stuff on their last record was just flat-out metal, which was the best sounding live stuff of that LP when I saw it. And given we just had QOTSA and Fall Out Boy as headliners, and Biffy Clyro have now done it twice, I don't think they're that out there a pick.

Saying that, Muse weren't really that high in the chat on the Download thread this time and as suggested, it could be they're prioritising recording over live shows next year. I thought they had Green Day and the new-look Linkin Park as their big budget duo, although there seems to be some doubt over the second of those.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

I mean, I recall them being well received at Download in 2015 and some of the stuff on their last record was just flat-out metal, which was the best sounding live stuff of that LP when I saw it. And given we just had QOTSA and Fall Out Boy as headliners, and Biffy Clyro have now done it twice, I don't think they're that out there a pick.

Saying that, Muse weren't really that high in the chat on the Download thread this time and as suggested, it could be they're prioritising recording over live shows next year. I thought they had Green Day and the new-look Linkin Park as their big budget duo, although there seems to be some doubt over the second of those.

Muse aren't a metal band. They are so much different to Fall Out Boy and QOTSA. We can't really mention Biffy Cyro, worst Download headliners with the large crowd walkouts at Download.

Muse haven't had an album do anything major credit wise in 10 years and it's been 15 years since their last half decent record.