2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

54 minutes ago, tomjfx said:

Surely Eminem has to be there unless he's doing his own stadium dates. He's announced he's doing a few festivals/concerts later this year in the Middle East. He usually comes to the UK after he releases an album too

Whilst he has a good relationship with R&L we have to weigh up the highly likely possibility of Glasto too aswell as stadium shows. Cant see him doing Glasto AND R&L.

Edited by nathanh

16 hours ago, nathanh said:

Whilst he has a good relationship with R&L we have to weigh up the highly likely possibility of Glasto too aswell as stadium shows. Cant see him doing Glasto AND R&L.

this never happens - zero precedent for it whatsoever.

It will be stadiums / BST and Glasto OR R&L.

It will become clear soon I reckon

14 hours ago, nathanh said:

100% if no shows get announced I imagine its R&L

Hard to say. R&L tend to announce quite early at the moment, next month seems likely.

BST often announce in the new year, as do glasto for headliners.

It seems quite likely Eminem will be ruled out of R&L by not being announced for it, rather than by being announced elsewhere and then being ruled out by default if you get what i mean

19 hours ago, gfa said:

this never happens - zero precedent for it whatsoever.

It will be stadiums / BST and Glasto OR R&L.

It will become clear soon I reckon

I remember The Killers did both Glastonbury and Reading as a sub-headliner in 2005. Can't recall anything more recent than that for being so prominent at both of those events in the same year. Lower down slots, sure - Last Dinner Party did both this year - but not quite the same yaknow.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Hard to say. R&L tend to announce quite early at the moment, next month seems likely.

BST often announce in the new year, as do glasto for headliners.

It seems quite likely Eminem will be ruled out of R&L by not being announced for it, rather than by being announced elsewhere and then being ruled out by default if you get what i mean

Certainly if Eminem is their big name head for 2025, they'll be going all in on announcing him first. You'd have thought.

Although one year recently, did they announce all the heads in one hit?

18 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Depends on what the talent booking budget is. Years ago they would've had that kind of cash to play with.

Or rather the acts would’ve been much cheaper

When did Eminem last do a big tour in the UK?

Always hard to judge these days with everyone’s exposure being so personalised by social etc butI feel like he’s pretty big at the moment, compared o the last few cycles

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

Or rather the acts would’ve been much cheaper

When did Eminem last do a big tour in the UK?

Always hard to judge these days with everyone’s exposure being so personalised by social etc butI feel like he’s pretty big at the moment, compared o the last few cycles

Said his last big UK shows were 2 nights at Twickenham in July 2018. So it'll have been 7 years by next summer.

On 8/2/2024 at 10:25 AM, BenG92 said:

Fontaines D.C. to headline one night, sub at a minimum. 100k+ sold already this year and they just added Finsbury park. MASSIVELY broad appeal across the dark fruits crowd, the heads, and the yoof. Calling it now. 

Finsbury Park just sold out, potentially 45,000. The boys are massive. 

• Like 2