2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

47 minutes ago, tomarchbold said:

i think an emimem/foos would take that sort of slot. i also think chase & status does have that feel as well, despite the recent resurgance

Not sure C&S appeal to that “core” R&L demographic at all

A. I don’t think they appealed to that demographic “back in the day” when they last played back in 2013, when Green Day, SOAD and Biffy were there to appeal on a week end basis.

B. I don’t know anyone personally who is strictly a “rock” man who would be slightly interested in seeing them

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

I must be living under a rock I didn’t know C&S were relevant again. 

Neither did I until a year when they headlined an all-day event at Milton Keynes Bowl and Boardmasters.

A contrast too given that before lockdown cancelled everything, they were struggling to sell out the Marshall Arena in MK (a 5,000-capacity indoor space next to the MK Dons stadium, if it doesn't ring any bells as a name).

7 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Tyler, the Creator x Chappel Roan 

Chase & Status x Kasabian

Foo Fighters x Hozier 

I think except for Tyler, this may not be far off if Foos still play. It's a pretty decent stab and I think Hozier having a smaller co-headline set length than what has been given out makes sense under them. My own personal guess is that Chappell and C&S will get headline jumps for Glastonbury in 2027. If Fred does headline next year and does well then I don't see them following that up with anyone bigger than C&S and that might keep them away from the festival this year.

38 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

R+L have had Disclosure close before. I could see the case for Chase & Status.

The R part of it hasn’t…

I think in the modern age of the reduced lineup there is a lot more cache placed on the headliners. Foals and Disclosure were very much co-headliners back in 2016, 2 acts to make a whole. It’s no surprise both only MSW’d in the main stage era.

With 50% less acts to help sell the day you need a strong tent pole and it’s hard to say Chase and Status simply are going to be able to carry 170,000 tickets across both the sites, esp as they’re playing a pretty substantial tour in April/ May.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Eminem x Kasabian

Chase & Status x Chappell Roan

Foo Fighters x Central Cee

I said this 2 hours ago "I really can't see C&S in the main headliner slot."

I still can't see it, but reckon this lineup would do well.

C&S + CR is pretty similar to the Fred / Lana day

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

I said this 2 hours ago "I really can't see C&S in the main headliner slot."

I still can't see it, but reckon this lineup would do well.

C&S + CR is pretty similar to the Fred / Lana day

That was my thinking to be honest. More of a C&S closing set in the dark to accommodate two big headliners if that makes sense. Can still see Bring Me The Horizon doing it too as I’m not sure where they’re going to head this summer. 

46 minutes ago, foolee said:

That was my thinking to be honest. More of a C&S closing set in the dark to accommodate two big headliners if that makes sense. Can still see Bring Me The Horizon doing it too as I’m not sure where they’re going to head this summer. 

It seems to me indie is the area they are lacking on, i'm not sure BMTH would be on their hit list this year

Are BMTH actually about - they have been touring for ages. APE day 2.0 perhaps?

12 minutes ago, gfa said:

It seems to me indie is the area they are lacking on, i'm not sure BMTH would be on their hit list this year

Are BMTH actually about - they have been touring for ages. APE day 2.0 perhaps?

You’d like to think BMTH would do their own thing/APE. Delay to the album meant they did the January tour on old material so you’d think they’d do something in the UK with the new material while Oli’s in Europe anyway.

I'd be shocked if BMTH aren't around, given they haven't properly toured PH:NG in the UK. Their run at the start of the year was studded with cuts before the album bowed, but they haven't gone all in on it since.

I was expecting an open-air show this summer to build on the success the aforementioned tour, but it never appeared. The lack of any further announcement means they won't do anything until spring at the earliest, which begs the question whether they will go back and do more arenas, or if they'll aim for a couple of big open-air shows. (They could use the Tramlines staging at Sheffield to do a big hometown show, if they wanted.)

5 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd be shocked if BMTH aren't around, given they haven't properly toured PH:NG in the UK. Their run at the start of the year was studded with cuts before the album bowed, but they haven't gone all in on it since.

I was expecting an open-air show this summer to build on the success the aforementioned tour, but it never appeared. The lack of any further announcement means they won't do anything until spring at the earliest, which begs the question whether they will go back and do more arenas, or if they'll aim for a couple of big open-air shows. (They could use the Tramlines staging at Sheffield to do a big hometown show, if they wanted.)

A big Sheffield gig would be outstanding, they could put on a serious lineup. They’re deserving of a proper celebration over here ala Malta Weekender.

32 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Is Tyler The Creator that big in the UK? I see him as more of a wildcard than Chase & Status at this point.

He’s headlined Wireless and would definitely be doing arenas if he came over so I think he’s big enough. Not that it means much but he’s rumoured to be headlining Coachella too. 

New album dropping next week and the hype is big. 

Edited by Andre91

11 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

A big Sheffield gig would be outstanding, they could put on a serious lineup. They’re deserving of a proper celebration over here ala Malta Weekender.

I’d love for them to bring the Nex Fest they did in Japan to Hillsborough Park. It would be perfect. Or bring it to Town Fields here in Donny… basically Sheffield and I can walk there in 10mins 👀

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

He’s headlined Wireless and would definitely be doing arenas if he came over so I think he’s big enough. Not that it means much but he’s rumoured to be headlining Coachella too. 

New album dropping next week and the hype is big. 

What? He headlined Coachella this year.