Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

Revised prediction. After some thought I reckon Chappell will do Glastonbury with her mate Olivia and I don’t think Hozier will be one of the 6. 

Foo Fighters / Central Cee

Bring Me The Horizon / Charli XCX

Eminem / Kasabian

37 minutes ago, foolee said:

Revised prediction. After some thought I reckon Chappell will do Glastonbury with her mate Olivia and I don’t think Hozier will be one of the 6. 

Foo Fighters / Central Cee

Bring Me The Horizon / Charli XCX

Eminem / Kasabian

Primavera 2023 was definitely the best one for me I'd say.

Before you adapt your prediction though, LDR played both this year and TLDP as a different act did. I'd say she's very firmly in the exclusive bracket of coming over for it and wouldn't rule out top line.

Could well be BMTH, Chappell Roan, Eminem top.

40 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I love BMTH but could they do the outright headline slot? They’ve obviously grown since their 2022 MSW headline and they put on a right show, but do they appeal to the core R&L demographic enough to top the bill?

I think they could do it no problem. 

3 hours ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

apart from the foo fighters that looks pretty dire

And for those of us who’ve seen Foo fighter 100x already, Chappel Roan would be the only slight breath of fresh air

properly shite, properly shite

59 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

BMTH definitely a bigger draw than they were the last time, though they also botched the hell out of this album rollout, I'd argue.

But the whip-fast sales for their arena tour earlier this year marks them as a strong live pull at the very least.

How are they bigger?

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

I love BMTH but could they do the outright headline slot? They’ve obviously grown since their 2022 MSW headline and they put on a right show, but do they appeal to the core R&L demographic enough to top the bill?

I think they would just be a poor booking really. They don't seem to have been away at all the last few years. 

Huge arena tour this year, Download 2023, Reading second stage headliners 22, small dates plus an arena tour in 21. Festivals and other dates in 19. Arena dates in 2018. They've had 2 years break in the last 7 years and one of those was covid. Before they they literally had a years gap after doing significant dates 4 years straight.

It's like go have a year or two off the UK, that's for any band not just them. I think they would have to play the top spot but not sure they suit it anymore. There were likewise bands this year but with not great crowds so I've read and the difference between getting that half way through a headliner.

Personally I think FR would consider it a risk booking BMTH to headline outright, either FR put on a rock day and risk not selling tickets to the core pop/generalist audience, or they put someone like Chappell Roan as the 2nd headliner and risk the crowd clearing out afterwards.

Headliner crowd sizes seemed down all weekend this year to me, don’t know if they actually were.

Maybe I’m being a touch pessimistic though, BMTH are one of the best British live acts going at the moment.