Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

20 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

That Prima trio is a bit... hmmm. I know it is different strands of pop, but it is a very sharp twist away from wielding your Blur, your Pulp, your Depeche Mode. Very forward-facing, but also a bit too... yeah.

Tbf they had SZA and Lana Del Rey there last year, so I guess there is that duality, and tbf it still had LCD Soundsystem, FKA Twigs, Idles, TV on the Radio, Wet Leg, etc. But as a trio it does stand out quite differently to what one might expect.

Although tbf Charli XCX was there last year. Think it's a pattern given she seems to be talked up in the Glasto section of this forum for a higher slot than what she had this year booked before Brat truly took off.

I'm somewhere around here, but really haven't put much thought into it.

Eminem / Chappell Roan / Peggy Gou Chevron
Linkin Park / Central Cee / Charlotte De Witte Chevron
Charli XCX / Noah Kahan / Chase & Status Chevron

Understand C+S could probably do main at this point, but also think they could get away with Chevron if Prodigy can opposite blink. 

28 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I'm somewhere around here, but really haven't put much thought into it.

Eminem / Chappell Roan / Peggy Gou Chevron
Linkin Park / Central Cee / Charlotte De Witte Chevron
Charli XCX / Noah Kahan / Chase & Status Chevron

Understand C+S could probably do main at this point, but also think they could get away with Chevron if Prodigy can opposite blink. 

The Prodigy aren't at a point where they can go sell out MK Bowl now, they've kinda had their come back point. And C&S are a way bigger ticket seller than any of those other Chevron acts. Not even sure Peggy Gou would headline Chevron but Charlotte de Whitte is a great option there and could still share with Creamfields.

Reckon BST may beat them to Linkin Park so that's the only headliner I'd change. I will say as well Linkin Park have never done festivals in late August in Europe except 2015 since 2003 which was Reading, and they didn't play Reading then either. Just Germany and Italy I think. They did Sonisphere that one time as their last European date. I would expect Mad Cool to be one of their last European festivals with a potential arena tour later in the year though I'd not be surprised if they just cut that, did Download in 2026 then arena tour.

11 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The Prodigy aren't at a point where they can go sell out MK Bowl now, they've kinda had their come back point. And C&S are a way bigger ticket seller than any of those other Chevron acts.

For sure, I just find R+L has the ability to make some pretty killer unexpected bookings. Lana b2b Fred this year, BMTH 2nd stage just before they really exploded, Sleep Token 4th stage subs just before they were catapulted, etc. Wonder if they bagged C+S nice and early. 

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

For sure, I just find R+L has the ability to make some pretty killer unexpected bookings. Lana b2b Fred this year, BMTH 2nd stage just before they really exploded, Sleep Token 4th stage subs just before they were catapulted, etc. Wonder if they bagged C+S nice and early. 

I think BMTH peak was TTS without a doubt but maybe Reading booked them as high as they would want to. I'd heard Drown and Throne at Download in 2016 and saw some of them at Download 2023, had to walk away in the end as I just couldn't listen to that and it was cold so my incentives to leave already there. The more I think with that why of Reading wouldn't book LP now would they book BMTH now. Booking pop/punk rock bands is a much different thing to heavy rock/metal. I think even if they bagged them early they still have to think about now.

4 minutes ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

heard on the download forum that GnR are active next summer, They have basically done every festival that would book them in the UK since they reunited apart from Reading, i hope they don't headline reading personally because of Axl Rose's voice and the 2010 incident but would be a pretty good booking

If you were at Leeds you probably didn't get the 2010 incident as it was just great. But the crowd was dead from what I remember. 

15 minutes ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

heard on the download forum that GnR are active next summer, They have basically done every festival that would book them in the UK since they reunited apart from Reading, i hope they don't headline reading personally because of Axl Rose's voice and the 2010 incident but would be a pretty good booking

Too ancient. R+L haven't done something like that since Metallica 2015 and GNR's stock has plummeted. 

45 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

BMTH’s peak is now, not That’s The Spirit. When TTS dropped, they were still playing Ally Pally on the tour for it. It wasn’t until a year later they did a full arena tour. Now they do bigger and bigger tours every time. 

That doesn't dictate their peak, tour tickets are flying out for every gig lol. The streams from this latest album are nowhere near what TTS and sales wise aren't even close.

If you'd told me The Offspring in 2025 would be doing their biggest tours in the UK for 20 years and selling arenas easy, myself and everyone would be laughing. 2025 is not The Offspring peak though.

Fall Out Boy have been doing some of their biggest dates to date, 2024/25 is definitely not their peak.

By comparison, in the early 2000s some bands hadn't even played an arena before they were given headline spots at festivals.

On 10/24/2024 at 5:49 PM, Andre91 said:

Sold out arena tour, have headlined Download. They’re bigger. 

Is that not where they were

I thought they’d been selling out arenas for a decade plus at this point

46 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That doesn't dictate their peak, tour tickets are flying out for every gig lol. The streams from this latest album are nowhere near what TTS and sales wise aren't even close.

If you'd told me The Offspring in 2025 would be doing their biggest tours in the UK for 20 years and selling arenas easy, myself and everyone would be laughing. 2025 is not The Offspring peak though.

Fall Out Boy have been doing some of their biggest dates to date, 2024/25 is definitely not their peak.

By comparison, in the early 2000s some bands hadn't even played an arena before they were given headline spots at festivals.

The Offspring did a bigger tour in 2021 in terms of venues and they haven't opened the top tier of either the o2 or AO either. Obviously still a big tour. Fall Out Boy have also been doing arena dates ever since they reformed in 2013. They have done 4 arena tours - getting bigger every time - and headlined both R+L and Download. Bring Me have also done bigger and bigger arena tours since TTTS in 2016.

I think you are looking at a bands peak in quite a binary way there is a commercial peak in terms of their biggest album in terms of streams/sales and then there is their peak as a live artist and in general popularity.

For example Metallica's commercial peak was in the early 90's, but their peak in terms of popularity, ticket sales and the number of people listening to them is now. Same is true for Maiden, AC/DC, GNR, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, MCR and loads of other big bands. You also have to remember that some of these acts actually declined before growing again after their commercial success.

The reason for that is that they are all multi-generational artists (and nostalgia acts) now who were first big 20 years ago and the kids and younger family members of those are now listening to those bands. I'd also say that Bring Me are a little different to the others as they are always ahead of the curve musically - Sempiternal was ahead of the curve, TTTS was ahead of the curve, PH:SH was ahead of the curve and the singles that made PH:NG were ahead of the curve.

10 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

The Offspring did a bigger tour in 2021 in terms of venues and they haven't opened the top tier of either the o2 or AO either. Obviously still a big tour. Fall Out Boy have also been doing arena dates ever since they reformed in 2013. They have done 4 arena tours - getting bigger every time - and headlined both R+L and Download. Bring Me have also done bigger and bigger arena tours since TTTS in 2016.

I think you are looking at a bands peak in quite a binary way there is a commercial peak in terms of their biggest album in terms of streams/sales and then there is their peak as a live artist and in general popularity.

For example Metallica's commercial peak was in the early 90's, but their peak in terms of popularity, ticket sales and the number of people listening to them is now. Same is true for Maiden, AC/DC, GNR, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Green Day, MCR and loads of other big bands. You also have to remember that some of these acts actually declined before growing again after their commercial success.

The reason for that is that they are all multi-generational artists (and nostalgia acts) now who were first big 20 years ago and the kids and younger family members of those are now listening to those bands. I'd also say that Bring Me are a little different to the others as they are always ahead of the curve musically - Sempiternal was ahead of the curve, TTTS was ahead of the curve, PH:SH was ahead of the curve and the singles that made PH:NG were ahead of the curve.

I was able to chose top tier 02 seats for the offspring tour.

I'm looking at it purely for what it is, you've got bands that are not headlining major festivals doing arenas shows. An arena show isn't a pure definition of a bands top status. I've just got a ticket to sum 41 and if I went to see say Offspring, I'm not going because their latest outputs are their best, I'm going because they still play 75% of old classics from their best time. There is absolutely no denying with BMTH that Sempiternal took them further but TTS made them huge. Download also dropped the bollock by not having them earlier as verified by everyone on here and had they have done that debate wouldn't be there. Download is also potentially the only festival apart from maybe R&L though I don't think so now who will give them the absolute top spot so they had a chance to take their time while still booking the oldies.