Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

19 hours ago, northernangel said:

I was able to chose top tier 02 seats for the offspring tour.

I'm looking at it purely for what it is, you've got bands that are not headlining major festivals doing arenas shows. An arena show isn't a pure definition of a bands top status. I've just got a ticket to sum 41 and if I went to see say Offspring, I'm not going because their latest outputs are their best, I'm going because they still play 75% of old classics from their best time. There is absolutely no denying with BMTH that Sempiternal took them further but TTS made them huge. Download also dropped the bollock by not having them earlier as verified by everyone on here and had they have done that debate wouldn't be there. Download is also potentially the only festival apart from maybe R&L though I don't think so now who will give them the absolute top spot so they had a chance to take their time while still booking the oldies.

Top one fair point, they have now opened up the sides of the O2 top tier (not the back and their are loads of tickets left), but still fair point. On release they didn't put them on sale, though.

Bands have been doing arena shows and not headlining festivals for ages now. The key is if you can sell the arena out and how quickly. Bring Me sold out two O2 dates on release, a week after they headlined Download along with 8 other arenas. The Offspring are doing 5 arenas with three of them not being fully opened up and standard tickets available for every date except Cardiff, which is only 7,500 capacity. Big festivals aren't booking The Offspring to headline based of ticket sales for this upcoming tour, but they 100% would Bring Me, who are obviously big enough to headline R+L.

Whether R+L would book them as an outright headliner is a different question. My feeling is that they would, as they have enough mainstream appeal with normies to do it and are one of the bands whose new releases still connect with young people getting into heavy/alternative music. It wouldn't negatively affect ticket sales with young people going, as they are going for right of passage (Blink didn't this year) and the line-up is catered to them anyway. I also believe that it would help sell day tickets to people like me that used to go for the weekend and haven't for a while but are now happy to go for a day (I've done this the last 2 years).

2 hours ago, RedJosh said:

Top one fair point, they have now opened up the sides of the O2 top tier (not the back and their are loads of tickets left), but still fair point. On release they didn't put them on sale, though.

Bands have been doing arena shows and not headlining festivals for ages now. The key is if you can sell the arena out and how quickly. Bring Me sold out two O2 dates on release, a week after they headlined Download along with 8 other arenas. The Offspring are doing 5 arenas with three of them not being fully opened up and standard tickets available for every date except Cardiff, which is only 7,500 capacity. Big festivals aren't booking The Offspring to headline based of ticket sales for this upcoming tour, but they 100% would Bring Me, who are obviously big enough to headline R+L.

Whether R+L would book them as an outright headliner is a different question. My feeling is that they would, as they have enough mainstream appeal with normies to do it and are one of the bands whose new releases still connect with young people getting into heavy/alternative music. It wouldn't negatively affect ticket sales with young people going, as they are going for right of passage (Blink didn't this year) and the line-up is catered to them anyway. I also believe that it would help sell day tickets to people like me that used to go for the weekend and haven't for a while but are now happy to go for a day (I've done this the last 2 years).

The Offspring and sold out standing sat every venue they at the time I wrote that post except for Glasgow.

Also, I didn't say The Offspring could headline. I stated who'd have thought they would be doing their tours they are.

Also on BMTH, I've not stated they could headline Download or they aren't big enough to headline Reading top spot. I've agreed with some on the debate would Reading booking them for it. Bands can be big enough for slots but at the stage that makes sense all round. The longer time goes on though the longer you question it. Naturally being from here they can play towards ends of the summer.

I just can’t see a scenario where BMTH don’t headline R+L again. Plenty of the material that they consistently play leans into pop punk/emo/alt metal that the “they are too heavy / they don’t fit the vibe” doesn’t really check out for me. Their 2022 headline set went down really well with a pretty health crowd for 2nd headliners.

10 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Also, I didn't say The Offspring could headline. I stated who'd have thought they would be doing their tours they are.

Didn't say you did say The Offspring could headline. I was responding to your point that everyone does arenas and was making the point that there is a difference between doing an arena tour that means acts are going to be looked at as a headliner and there is doing arenas because you are somewhere in between academies and arenas. The jump from 2,000-3,000 academy shows to 10,000+ capacity arenas is a big jump.