2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I work with teenagers every day. Oasis are absolutely one of the most popular bands imaginable with teenagers and he’s a household name to them, even after all these years. Trust me, it isn’t just kids who like indie music who like him; he’s universally loved by kids who like all kinds of music.

Very different to the ones I know (admittedly probably far less), where they couldn't give the slightest of f**ks

Perhaps there is a big north/ south divide

I reckon we'll see a lot of kids migrating our early on the Sunday at Reading

Leeds being on Tier 3 sales, compared to Reading on the lowest Tier still says a lot.

Although Fred/ Lana still a bigger draw on the Sunday

Edited by Benj

6 hours ago, Benj said:

Very different to the ones I know (admittedly probably far less), where they couldn't give the slightest of f**ks

Leeds being on Tier 3 sales, compared to Reading on the lowest Tier still says a lot.

Would be the case, wouldn’t it 🙄😂

Could be a North/South thing, yeah. My old school I worked at was 2 hours from where I am now, in South Lincolnshire (so not even South), a lot of the kids didn’t know who LG was. Big W for the North. 

9 hours ago, Benj said:

I don't think you'll see people leaving before Catfish and Liam. The issue that day is the undercard on the whole is poor.

28 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I know it's America, but good grief the size of her Lollapalooza crowd

spacer.png

I’ve spent the morning watching various clips of her set and the crowd is absolutely insane. I don’t think it matters too much that it’s in America; big American pop stars tend to cross over perfectly over here and she’s as mainstream as mainstream gets at the moment. Wouldn’t surprise me if she pulled a Billie Eilish style crowd if she was at R&L this year. 

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The Chemical Brothers aren’t going to play R&L. They’re crusty and old and the only people on site that would have heard of them are some of the booking team and probably some older folk working in the food vendors. 

not much different to the prodigy - hard to argue one would be booked and the other wouldn't imo

If they continue wanting an older dance act (prodigy could definitely be a one off), then they are not going to last long not booking them

They don't look to be around anyway

Fontaines D.C. to headline one night, sub at a minimum. 100k+ sold already this year and they just added Finsbury park. MASSIVELY broad appeal across the dark fruits crowd, the heads, and the yoof. Calling it now. 

28 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Fontaines D.C. to headline one night, sub at a minimum. 100k+ sold already this year and they just added Finsbury park. MASSIVELY broad appeal across the dark fruits crowd, the heads, and the yoof. Calling it now. 

How often do people do Finsbury AND R&L in the same year? Not very often from my memory

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I don't think you'll see people leaving before Catfish and Liam. The issue that day is the undercard on the whole is poor.

There’s always a load who leave earlyish on the Sunday anyway (3-4ishpm when we go in but I suspect it trickles all day). Reckon it will higher this year, as that day does really suck

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Trust me, it isn’t just kids who like indie music who like him; he’s universally loved by kids who like all kinds of music.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

hours from where I am now, in South Lincolnshire (so not even South), a lot of the kids didn’t know who LG was. Big W for the North. 

So not ‘universally loved’ as opposed to not even know who he is, depending on where you

I think we’ve found the answer. He’s popular with his fans, not with those who aren’t.
Who’d have thought it?! 🤣

A huge portion of kids there won’t give the slightest of f**ks, just like I didn’t the first year I went when Page and Plant played. “Gods” to some. Unknown dinosaurs to me and a lot others…despite my dad having Led Zep LPs

The idea that all the 16-18 year olds are gaging to see LG is a fantasy

@Cinnamonella. I am not criticising him, or you for liking him, I enjoyed him in 2019, saw a bit of him in 2021 (watched Girl in Red, having seen him in 2019) and am looking forward to him doing Definitely maybe this year.  

I’m just putting the idea out there that just because YOU love him, doesn’t mean that he’s going to be appealing to loads of 18 year olds, who would’ve barely heard of Oasis beyond a couple of songs (he won’t play) and don’t want to hear him play an album from 15 years before they were born…

22 minutes ago, Benj said:

So not ‘universally loved’ as opposed to not even know who he is, depending on where you

I think we’ve found the answer. He’s popular with his fans, not with those who aren’t.
Who’d have thought it?! 🤣

A huge portion of kids there won’t give the slightest of f**ks, just like I didn’t the first year I went when Page and Plant played. “Gods” to some. Unknown dinosaurs to me and a lot others…despite my dad having Led Zep LPs

The idea that all the 16-18 year olds are gaging to see LG is a fantasy

@Cinnamonella. I am not criticising him, or you for liking him, I enjoyed him in 2019, saw a bit of him in 2021 (watched Girl in Red, having seen him in 2019) and am looking forward to him doing Definitely maybe this year.  

I’m just putting the idea out there that just because YOU love him, doesn’t mean that he’s going to be appealing to loads of 18 year olds, who would’ve barely heard of Oasis beyond a couple of songs (he won’t play) and don’t want to hear him play an album from 15 years before they were born…

He will get one of the biggest crowds all weekend and you’ll have to eat your hat. 

25 minutes ago, Benj said:

and don’t want to hear him play an album from 15 years before they were born…

mate im 18, loads of people my age love him. at uni this year there was an oasis night at a large club and it sold out instantly, i went and it was all teenagers

i assure you, he is massive in the young crowd too

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, tomarchbold said:

mate im 18, loads of people my age love him. at uni this year there was an oasis night at a large club and it sold out instantly, i went and it was all teenagers

i assure you, he is massive in the young crowd too

Live Forver 

Rock n Roll Star 

Supersonic

Cigarettes and Alcohol 

At least those 4 will be recognisable to most 18 year olds at the festival. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Benj said:

There’s always a load who leave earlyish on the Sunday anyway (3-4ishpm when we go in but I suspect it trickles all day). Reckon it will higher this year, as that day does really suck

Even me as a 37 Yr old, I probably wouldn't attend that day until Catfish myself. I wouldn't camp at Reading or Leeds now bit if I had tickets I'd likely just make use of the day doing something else and go elsewhere. No point leaving before the two main bands.

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Live Forver 

Rock n Roll Star 

Supersonic

Cigarettes and Alcohol 

At least those 4 will be recognisable to most 18 year olds at the festival. 

They may have once heard them, they’ve heard lots of songs by lots of people.  

…It does not mean they want to hear them at a festival they have spent £350 to attend…

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

Even me as a 37 Yr old, I probably wouldn't attend that day until Catfish myself. I wouldn't camp at Reading or Leeds now bit if I had tickets I'd likely just make use of the day doing something else and go elsewhere. No point leaving before the two main bands.

If your interest in the two ‘main bands’ was as high as yours for the rest of the day, then what do you do?

Many will have as much interest in them as you have in the early bill… 

Assume 21 Savage will be THE big draw for the kids that day.

Im annoyed Crawlers are on so early.  I really want to see them after mistakenly seeing DMAs instead of them in 22, otherwise I’d not be in pre 4 (although that is usually the norm for us on the Sunday)

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

How often do people do Finsbury AND R&L in the same year? Not very often from my memory

Probably not often no, but the hype is very real right now. The album drops right in the middle of this year's festival and will probably be very heavily promoted there, announcing them as a strong sub or even head for 2025 a few months later would really be striking hot. 

23 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

He will get one of the biggest crowds all weekend and you’ll have to eat your hat. 

I’m not saying he won’t get a big crowd, I saw the crowds in 19 and 21, they were big

Although he has much more competition. Skrillex than he did for Crucast and Girl in Red

Will be interesting to see how it compares to those crowds considering the Definitely maybe thjng 

16 minutes ago, Benj said:

They may have once heard them, they’ve heard lots of songs by lots of people.  

…It does not mean they want to hear them at a festival they have spent £350 to attend…

I’m not engaging with you anymore today, you’re actually exhausting. 

Just now, Benj said:

I’m not saying he won’t get a big crowd, I saw the crowds in 19 and 21, they were big

Although he has much more competition. Skrillex than he did for Crucast and Girl in Red

Will be interesting to see how it compares to those crowds considering the Definitely maybe thjng 

Give it a rest, then.