2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m not engaging with you anymore today, you’re actually exhausting. 

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Give it a rest, then. 

Fair enough, last point clarification then - Point is, he has NOT sold tickets to these people, they are in the crowd by default. Given Skrillex and the fact more than normal will likely eff off home early given that Sunday, it will be significantly less than in 2021 (although overall ticket sales are clearly way down on then too, when his day with Biffy sold out in late Feb...)

Glad I get to see a bit of Skrillex before LG, don't think he'l be able to keep me there, will also try to pop in for a bit of Japanese House.

50 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Probably not often no, but the hype is very real right now. The album drops right in the middle of this year's festival and will probably be very heavily promoted there, announcing them as a strong sub or even head for 2025 a few months later would really be striking hot. 

Would be a good shout for the festival and depending on ticket sales for Finsbury I could see FR still booking them. 

If there was a spot for them, which I can't see right now, I would have said they are highly likely for a surprise secret set but I cant see any obvious holes in set times for them on a stage suitable. 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think Fontaines are going to headline in 2025. 

I think I was just a bit hyped up by the sick announcement video at the time, but they'd be a hell of a good sub.

Annoyingly, after all that back and forth, MSW where they would have been absolutely perfect is gone and now it's a dance tent. 

1 hour ago, Benj said:

If your interest in the two ‘main bands’ was as high as yours for the rest of the day, then what do you do?

Many will have as much interest in them as you have in the early bill… 

Assume 21 Savage will be THE big draw for the kids that day.

Im annoyed Crawlers are on so early.  I really want to see them after mistakenly seeing DMAs instead of them in 22, otherwise I’d not be in pre 4 (although that is usually the norm for us on the Sunday)

I imagine that may be the case, I'm not completely in the known of everything the 17 and 18 years olds listed to these days. I know I'm understandably not interested lol

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Give it a rest, then. 

I think you should probably give it a rest instead, nothing he said was a cause of your tone and aggression coming across in your messages. Unless of course, it was him just saying something you didn't like or agree with....in which case that was probably enough! 

17 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I think I was just a bit hyped up by the sick announcement video at the time, but they'd be a hell of a good sub.

Annoyingly, after all that back and forth, MSW where they would have been absolutely perfect is gone and now it's a dance tent. 

I think thats the issue I see with it. They arent big enough to headline out and out but FR will want them to be billed as headliners to make Finsbury also look like a big deal I would think. 2026 potentially?

18 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I imagine that may be the case, I'm not completely in the known of everything the 17 and 18 years olds listed to these days. I know I'm understandably not interested lol

I think you should probably give it a rest instead, nothing he said was a cause of your tone and aggression coming across in your messages. Unless of course, it was him just saying something you didn't like or agree with....in which case that was probably enough! 

No aggression meant in my posts at all. If you think asking someone to ‘give it a rest’ is aggressive, that’s on you. 

Edited by Andre91

19 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I think thats the issue I see with it. They arent big enough to headline out and out but FR will want them to be billed as headliners to make Finsbury also look like a big deal I would think. 2026 potentially?

I guess it depends what happens with Chevron next time. There's no explicit reason a stage with nice lights has to be "the dance stage", they don't even mention the word dance on the page itself, it's just an obvious connection. But if they can't get three appropriate dancey acts for 2025 (and they're already sacking it off one night this year because Fred will bring everyone to main) they may just look to stick whatever they can there, and it holds 40k. 

2026 always a possibility although it will have been exactly two years between album drop and the fest. I do keep forgetting FDC are already booked for this year's event at 5pm before Raye / Lana / Fred, they've scored an absolute blinder with that day.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:20 PM, Benj said:

Hopefully his new LP will flop in the UK

I am very fearful of this trend though

I think it’s unlikely - the singles from it have already been much bigger than his last two albums. I Had Some Help was in the Top 10 for the last 10 weeks.

Fontaines need to sell that Finsbury show, not sure i see them at R&L next year to be honest.

Reckon they will do a northern england outdoor date - maybe that other Leeds festival that had like kooks, two door etc recently

36 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I guess it depends what happens with Chevron next time. There's no explicit reason a stage with nice lights has to be "the dance stage", they don't even mention the word dance on the page itself, it's just an obvious connection. But if they can't get three appropriate dancey acts for 2025 (and they're already sacking it off one night this year because Fred will bring everyone to main) they may just look to stick whatever they can there, and it holds 40k. 

2026 always a possibility although it will have been exactly two years between album drop and the fest. I do keep forgetting FDC are already booked for this year's event at 5pm before Raye / Lana / Fred, they've scored an absolute blinder with that day.

Need to see how big the actual “stage” part of it is. 

We should all start speculating on where it will be?  Is there going to be a big rejig or will it simply be where the MSW once was?

Hard to see that working at Reading, so maybe it will move up to where the dance tent was. R1 back to the old big tent position??

Leeds heads any idea up there, assume the old MSW spot would be fine for it with my map only based knowledge

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

Fontaines need to sell that Finsbury show, not sure i see them at R&L next year to be honest.

Reckon they will do a northern england outdoor date - maybe that other Leeds festival that had like kooks, two door etc recently

Makes sense. Theyre deffo not doing Finsbury and Reading, it would dilute sales too much

Unless they blow up massively, which is hard to imagine, given no UK based guitar act has done that in a decade plus

Bar maybe Gerry Cinnamon 🤣

Edited by Benj

4 hours ago, Benj said:

Makes sense. Theyre deffo not doing Finsbury and Reading, it would dilute sales too much

Unless they blow up massively, which is hard to imagine, given no UK based guitar act has done that in a decade plus

Bar maybe Gerry Cinnamon 🤣

Sam Fender? 

36 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Sam Fender? 

Hahaha was always gonna miss one!

I shall therefore change my parameters to relatively long established act!

Even then took Fender 5 years I guess if with the pandemic

I think Fontaines are just a little to…arty…non mainstream may be a better word.

Biffy were the last one I was thinking of that slowly grew to headliner status.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2024 at 9:51 AM, Andre91 said:

Foos have done stadiums this summer; you know they will want their first official festival show back over here to be at R&L. I think they’ll always make time for the festival for as long as they’re still active. 

I think we’re going to get Foo Fighters and Doja Cat as two of the headliners. Not sure who the other could be. Someone more indie, I would assume. 

We asked Melvin outright when we met him last year if Foos were booked for 2024. “Not next year” was his response.

Give me Foos, Olivia Rodrigo as two por favor

On 8/2/2024 at 11:48 AM, tomarchbold said:

how likely are idles? ive seen their name chucked around as a sub for the potential/likely foos day and want to see them BADLY!

I think they’re likely every year but they’re either doing their own thing, smaller UK Fests, in the US or not touring. Not played R&L since 2017 which is mental

• 2 weeks later...

any more shouts for lineup?

my fun prediction (pls dont be mean and dont take it too serious) :

FRIDAY:

MAIN STAGE - foos/ idles / chappel roan / olivia dean 

CHEVRON - charlie xcx / sammy virji

R1 - the vaccines

FR - cat burns

SATURDAY:

MAIN STAGE - twenty one pilots / yungblud / bastille / sleep token

CHEVRON -  chase & status / four tet

R1 - girl in red

FR - cassyette

SUNDAY:

MAIN STAGE - doja cat / sabrina carpenter / rex orange county / benson boone

CHEVRON - justice / camelphat

R1 - turnstile

FR - knocked loose

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tomarchbold said:

FRIDAY:

R1 - the vaccines

FR - cat burns

SATURDAY:

R1 - girl in red

FR - cassyette

SUNDAY:

R1 - turnstile

FR - knocked loose

Take all of my money right this second. That would be an all-time lineup. 

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Take all of my money right this second. That would be an all-time lineup. 

i tried to be as well-rounded across days, as i see some people doing sort of genre specific days which is not r&l's way at all. genre is scattered across the weekend with usually a couple pairs of similar styles across the days 

also tried to make the headliners of smaller stages opposite to the main stage headliner so people have multiple options

i also dabbled with the idea of a chase & status and 21pilots co-headlining with maybe jungle on the chevron instead

think i maybe was too optimistic tho tbh

1 hour ago, tomarchbold said:

i tried to be as well-rounded across days, as i see some people doing sort of genre specific days which is not r&l's way at all. genre is scattered across the weekend with usually a couple pairs of similar styles across the days 

also tried to make the headliners of smaller stages opposite to the main stage headliner so people have multiple options

i also dabbled with the idea of a chase & status and 21pilots co-headlining with maybe jungle on the chevron instead

think i maybe was too optimistic tho tbh

Stunning job, mate. Please, please, please let me sing along to Sabrina several pints deep next summer. 

15 acts I’d be desperate to see. However; sort out that bloody awful Turnstile x Knocked Loose clash. 

Edited by Andre91

12 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

However; sort out that bloody awful Turnstile x Knocked Loose clash. 

its funny you say this haha, because i genuinely upset myself with this clash

i originally had cat burns and turnstile swapped, but i thought clashing foos and turnstile was WAY worse than clashing turnstie and knocked loose so sadly accepted that one 😂

15 hours ago, tomarchbold said:

FRIDAY:

R1 - the vaccines

FR - cat burns

SATURDAY:

R1 - girl in red

FR - cassyette

SUNDAY:

R1 - turnstile

FR - knocked loose

Massively binned off the indie on this

Camelphat and Four Tet are chevron headliners really. Cannot see Justice being booked to be honest - they aren't cheap and are a lot more out there than the prodigy i'd say

Chase & Status would probably be the second mainstage act, would be rammed I think. Charli XCX probably too

No idea who benson boone is either lol

Doja Cat has lost steam don't think she'd be the main headliner to be honest. Think this lineup is a fair bit too stacked generally with the exception of her being weak

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Massively binned off the indie on this

Camelphat and Four Tet are chevron headliners really. Cannot see Justice being booked to be honest - they aren't cheap and are a lot more out there than the prodigy i'd say

Chase & Status would probably be the second mainstage act, would be rammed I think. Charli XCX probably too

No idea who benson boone is either lol

Doja Cat has lost steam don't think she'd be the main headliner to be honest. Think this lineup is a fair bit too stacked generally with the exception of her being weak

Sold out two nights at the O2 this summer and headlined Wireless. How has Doja lost steam?

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Sold out two nights at the O2 this summer and headlined Wireless. How has Doja lost steam?

Wireless sold pretty poorly - obviously not helped by two O2 dates as well.

I think she'd be a fairly weak option for the main headliner, this year has done poorly and she is weaker than any of this year's 3 main headliners I reckon.

Sabrina Carpenter is a good second one though I guess if she maintains steam.

The complete lack of an indie headliner seems very unlikely given there were 5 last year and 3 this year, i'd probably replace her with one.

Think IDLES are a very poor second one for Foos day - i guess you could argue they work well together but not really good for weekend ticket sales which have done poorly this year with 3 quite similar days vs most years (Blink / Prodigy rock day, Zeitgeist day and then Catfish / Liam indie day)

Edited by gfa