2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

On 9/1/2024 at 1:21 PM, Andre91 said:

My first thought when witnessing the stage last weekend was ‘I’d love to see Enter Shikari on this stage.’ However, I don’t think they have the appeal with the broader audience at R&L these days to headline it and they would probably be more likely to headline the R1 tent if they were to play. I would love to be proved wrong, though. A Shikari set on the Chevron at night would be unreal. 

It would never happen but an electronic rock day on the chevron stage would be great. Enter Shikari, Pendulum, Sullivan King, Carpenter Brut, Hadouken (hoping they reunite for slam dunk) and 2manydjs 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

It would never happen but an electronic rock day on the chevron stage would be great. Enter Shikari, Pendulum, Sullivan King, Carpenter Brut, Hadouken (hoping they reunite for slam dunk) and 2manydjs 

Tbf I think it would be a good idea. Whether they'd be bold enough or just limit it to dance is another matter.

9 hours ago, Cammers said:

FRIDAY:

Main Stage - Post Malone / Kasabian

Chevron - Enter Shikari

Radio 1 - The Vaccines

SATURDAY:

Main Stage - Twenty One Pilots / Paramore

Chevron - Worship

Radio 1 - DMAs

SUNDAY:

Main Stage - BMTH / Nothing But Thieves

Chevron - Disclosure

Radio 1 - Inhaler 

I’d buy a weekend ticket in a heartbeat

11 hours ago, gfa said:

Fred and Lana final tier was £195 this year I swear?

Yup, final tier. Not a single other category at Reading managed to shift off the original price, circa £125 (pre fees) for ‘two headliners’

A v small proportion of tickets sell for £195

Given who’s rumoured, they’re not going to be selling at £195

imagine paying that for Bring me the horizon and Nothing but thieves (not that that will happen)

How much will the Oasis concerts affect sales do people think?

Its a fair way in advance of Reading but you assume given the volume of shows, there will be a fair whack at those events who will not end up buying a day at Reading as they have their full

Will be intersting who plays support there too

4 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Is there a clamour for a Hadouken reunion?!

🤣

was into them back in the day, have to admit it’s not a band I’m desperately willing to return though!

They were never more than mid-afternoon big tent fodder were they?

Edited by Benj

10 minutes ago, Benj said:

Its a fair way in advance of Reading but you assume given the volume of shows, there will be a fair whack at those events who will not end up buying a day at Reading as they have their full

I’m definitely considering what I’ll be doing. R&L has always been a staple but download just offers more value for money for me these days. It’ll likely be two of R&L, download and Oasis, but Catfish is tempting as well. It’s all £££ these days!

9 hours ago, Benj said:

Yup, final tier. Not a single other category at Reading managed to shift off the original price, circa £125 (pre fees) for ‘two headliners’

A v small proportion of tickets sell for £195

Given who’s rumoured, they’re not going to be selling at £195

imagine paying that for Bring me the horizon and Nothing but thieves (not that that will happen)

Depends who they pull out the bag

Get Eminem or Foos and put a decent selling pop sub under and it could reach it again i think

or AM in a future year

9 hours ago, Benj said:

A little bit but not a lot i think

Most people go to go with their mates, oasis was hard to get lots of tickets for.

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Isn’t BMTH Rock Am Ring/Rock Im Park headline shows their only European festival shows of the year? Thinking they’ll do a one off outdoor concert in Sheffield or something in the UK next summer. 

Yeah it’s an EU exclusive. Mentioned it on the download page but I don’t think Oli will travel over from Brazil for just RaR/RiP.

3 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

How are Chase & Status suddenly in the headliner conversation? They peaked at subbing like a decade ago, are they on a big nostalgia wave or something?

Had big songs recently, headlined boardmasters and did a huge show at MK Bowl. With the festival heading in a dance music route, I really wouldnt be shocked to see C&S get the slot although Chevron headline could be a good get if the festival could secure that.

5 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

How are Chase & Status suddenly in the headliner conversation? They peaked at subbing like a decade ago, are they on a big nostalgia wave or something?

Tbf they are killing it atm - UK number one single with Backbone and Baddadan was massive. Sold out the MK Bowl with a 65k capacity but for me I'd have them headlining the Chevron

14 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

but for me I'd have them headlining the Chevron

I think festival republic looking at c&s will see a cheaper headliner. if they invest in the likes of a foos, i think theyd like the ability to get a cheaper headliner rather than using him on the chevron

i mean if they do get on the chevron thatd be banging though

It's mad to think this is probably the biggest Chase & Status have ever been. From 2009 -2014 they were pretty big then they just vanished pretty much and when they did gigs it was in academy sized venues which weren't even sold out and now they're selling out 65,000 tickets for Milton Keynes and being tipped to headline R/L next year. 

I remember they subbed Eminem in 2013 and were tipped as future headliners then they did there arena tour and it didn't sell very well and if they played the same venues they did during there arena tour now it be an instant sell out. 

As said above, Chase & Status have exploded in popularity over the last year. Badadan and Backbone have both topped the charts, they’ve headlined the ~60k capacity Boardmasters and sold out a 65k show at MK bowl. I think they absolutely have to headline the Main Stage if they play in 2025; if they were to play the Chevron, the Main Stage would be empty. If Fred can do it, so can Chase & Status. 

It’s really cool to see it happen for an act who’ve been grinding away for the best part of a couple of decades. I’ve still got their debut album on CD somewhere that I bought when I was still in secondary school (I’m 32 at the end of the year, for context). 

4 hours ago, Lawsie said:

Sold out the MK Bowl with a 65k capacity

2 hours ago, Steve G said:

It's mad to think this is probably the biggest Chase & Status have ever been. From 2009 -2014 they were pretty big then they just vanished pretty much and when they did gigs it was in academy sized venues which weren't even sold out and now they're selling out 65,000 tickets for Milton Keynes and being tipped to headline R/L next year. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

As said above, Chase & Status have exploded in popularity over the last year. Badadan and Backbone have both topped the charts, they’ve headlined the ~60k capacity Boardmasters and sold out a 65k show at MK bowl. I think they absolutely have to headline the Main Stage if they play in 2025; if they were to play the Chevron, the Main Stage would be empty. If Fred can do it, so can Chase & Status. 

Don't get me wrong - I think C&S have entered the conversation as a headliner both following their work this year in getting into bigger and bigger stages and a dance act like Fred Again headlining outright. If they're playing anyway in 2025, it's as the top of the bill.

However, this is a comment they made the day after MK Bowl on both Twitter and Instagram: "Last night will stay with us forever. To the 45,000 that came and raved with us. Thank you."

This confused me a lot. I know the Bowl is 65k and I was told Muse did not sell out last year with a crowd in the 50-55k region (think a figure I heard quoted was around 53,000). So... what is it? Was it sold out or not?