2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

11 minutes ago, northernangel said:

APE would be one I'd say not even in the equation. You aren't turning down Download for APE in my opinion.

I would agree even though BMTH played here as it sold badly and they had to give away tickets/ 2-4-1 to get 20,000 / 25,000 in attendance.

It will be either R&L or BST

2 hours ago, Gejonimo said:

Apparently Linkin Park are not booked for Download, but are booked for another UK festival.

I think BST makes more sense, but wouldn't surprise me to see them at R&L 

There was debate on the thread about Live Nation vs AEG as the latter are the BST/APE operators.

How involved are Live Nation with R&L to make that a possibility?

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

There was debate on the thread about Live Nation vs AEG as the latter are the BST/APE operators.

How involved are Live Nation with R&L to make that a possibility?

Live Nation in effect own R&L

so on that level very…

Edited by Benj

15 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Yes definitely from music fans that I talk to (many of them not into rock music). I don't think anyone has ever started a conversation with me about Blink 182 compared to several conversations about LP over the years, and in particular in the last week. 

Linkin Park would be a big attraction for R&L on day tickets if it was an exclusive UK performance of 2025. especially with the Chevron as a stage that can also house 40,000 fans at the same time.

Linkin Park would just not do well for weekend tickets. I think they would be a weaker choice than Blink even for young people.

I know there is Chevron and to be fair some crap fairly cheap dj like Camelphat would probably be rammed against Linkin so maybe it is fine?

15 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

I would agree even though BMTH played here as it sold badly and they had to give away tickets/ 2-4-1 to get 20,000 / 25,000 in attendance.

It will be either R&L or BST

How is it selling badly relevant - that's just because BMTH were too small for it at the time. Its not like London isn't a big market

23 hours ago, Benj said:

Live Nation in effect own R&L

so on that level very…

Interesting.

Like others I'd have thought Linkin Park to Download was likelier. I guess we'll see soon what their plans are in 2025, whether those who want this new singer and hired guitarists/drummers are on board or not.

Edited by charlierc

51 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I guess it depends how hands on Dave wants to be as a dad and how intensive next years touring plans are. I think there is definitely a scenario where Foos still appear at R&L + a few other places. I don’t think they tour that intensively anymore anyway do they?

Its not intense but they are around most summers.

I don't think this will effect plans personally - if they were going to tour, then they will tour. If not then not. Its not being binned off due to this

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, FeverDream said:

I guess it depends how hands on Dave wants to be as a dad and how intensive next years touring plans are. I think there is definitely a scenario where Foos still appear at R&L + a few other places. I don’t think they tour that intensively anymore anyway do they?

They’ve played 100s of shows since 2023

If anything they will take 2025 off as they have toured so intensely since the pandemic…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Benj said:

They’ve played 100s of shows since 2023

If anything they will take 2025 off as they have toured so intensely since the pandemic…

Plus lost Taylor Hawkins and done a whole new album. So it's all been rather intense since they were allowed to start doing shows again in 2021.

Though in any case there's been rumours for a while of a big tour in 2025 to mark 30 years since the debut. I suspect that's not changed even despite Grohl getting a bit of slagging off from the Internet for his big news.

Edited by charlierc

9 hours ago, tomarchbold said:

prediction poster from reddit (i did not make this)

IMG_4565.jpeg

Great top end of the lineup and tickets would fly but not a chance they get all 3 of Em, ORod & Foos with TOP and Paramore on top of that. Would be way too expensive. Also think ORod is more likely for Glasto.