2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

Based solely on Spotify listeners he still seems to be hugely popular, even if the scene as a whole is in its death throes

It doesn’t for one second mean he’d be a guaranteed ticket shifter for a day at a festival mind

2 minutes ago, Benj said:

Based solely on Spotify listeners he still seems to be hugely popular, even if the scene as a whole is in its death throes

It doesn’t for one second mean he’d be a guaranteed ticket shifter for a day at a festival mind

That's not really what he would be meant to be, he is just there to round out the weekend and provide an act to help bring some value to weekend tickets for the gcse lot.

Hence, secondary headliner - Megan a few years back was similar

10 hours ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

even if so, cant imagine him playing before BMTH, TOP or FFs

im not saying i want him to or think he deserves to. but my view is, he is one of the main figures of the current era of uk rap. and like it or not, he isnt going to play the same slot/lower than he did in 2023, leaving second headliner the only real outcome tbh. 

if they are planning to spend big on the likes of a foos or an eminem, having a cheap second one down makes sense, just dont think anyone with a brain would go see him after the 2023 set

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

That's not really what he would be meant to be, he is just there to round out the weekend and provide an act to help bring some value to weekend tickets for the gcse lot.

exactly, i would not go see him but tbh it makes sense and for the school leavers, theyd go see him. i mean his set in 2023 was bloody rammed.

i see:

Eminem / Chase & Status (Live) 

Olivia Rodrigo or Paramore / Twenty One Pilots

Foo Fighters / Central Cee

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yup, works as a second headliner, as per my thoughts about just having some stuff there for the kids to be excited about

37 minutes ago, tomarchbold said:

exactly, i would not go see him but tbh it makes sense and for the school leavers, theyd go see him. i mean his set in 2023 was bloody rammed.

i see:

Paramore over O-Rod is a huge stepdown and completely changes the image/ feel of the whole lineup!

Eminem and Chase and status replicating a 2013 top two paring 12 years later would also be v strange, as much as it still makes sense!

Edited by Benj

I think TOP would be looking at the main headline slot to be honest at this point.

2 hours ago, tomarchbold said:

I'd change up a bit to be more like

Eminem / C&S

Olivia Rodrigo / Indie Act (Kasabian?)

Foos / Central Cee

There's no way there won't be a single british indie act as i've said a few times now 🙂 given how many we had this year. Esp with two rappers

Maybe O Rod isn't happening (or no Eminem). If they get O Rod, Eminem, C&S and Central Cee thats 4/6 headliners not bands (C&S arguable).

I'd say C&S And Central Cee seem a lock, so would question if we can expect to lose one of O Rod and Eminem in place of a band.

Kasabian are surely going to do it eventually so perhaps them as the indie act.

To be honest cannot see there not being a women though - but Eminem just seems right. Hard to say

35 minutes ago, gfa said:

To be honest cannot see there not being a women though - but Eminem just seems right. Hard to say

The Glasto board seem to have Eminem high up on their list of potentials. Really hope R&L get him but I can't see him doing both