2025 R&L Festival

Chad888

17 hours ago, Andre91 said:

He’s headlined Wireless and would definitely be doing arenas if he came over so I think he’s big enough. Not that it means much but he’s rumoured to be headlining Coachella too. 

New album dropping next week and the hype is big. 

Everyone is doing arenas these days.

That said, if you’re trying to create a diverse top 6, he’d likely be a decent name, hard to imagine he’d be ending the night though

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Nearly all the singles from it were cracking pop tunes. But I do think - probably because they toured the earlier ones for a while - the balance has been off on their shows abroad this summer.

The balance has been well off. Strangers and Die4u were out absolutely ages to the point where I didn’t think they’d be on the album. Doubt they’ll play them live but N/A and Dig It are belters. Would also like to see RIP (Duskcore) live

Edited by andyrhodes24

We're doing that thing we do every year, with Chappell Roan.

We hear a name and go through the stages of grief, before finally justifying to ourselves that they absolutely are headliner material ... and when it's announced they're 3rd or sub, or another stage, we revert back to normality.

We did it with Glass Animals in 21, we did it with Yungblud in 22, we did it with Central Cee last year.

We had Lana Del Rey subbing, Chappel Roan is half of a Lana. Billie Eilish only headlined last year and she's 100x what Roan is. Heck, 21 Savage is bigger than Roan, especially with the R&L demographic and he was a glorified 3rd down.

Roan isn't an alternative to Swift, she's doing 4,000 seater venues. I went to see Ashanti a few years back in a 10,000 venue and she sure as hell isn't heading.

Chappel Roan will be either an exclusive guest like 21 Savage, and get placed subbing the 6 headliners. Or she will be topping the Chevron stage.

2 hours ago, Benj said:

Everyone is doing arenas these days.

That said, if you’re trying to create a diverse top 6, he’d likely be a decent name, hard to imagine he’d be ending the night though

Tyler would be a decent name, but he's lost his buzz amongst the kids now. And the "banned in the UK" moniker won't have as much sway.

I'd absolutely love him, him and Odd Future were my favourites 12/13 years ago. And Tyler of Goblin/Wolf is one of the best for me.

But even Igor, when he started getting the younger lot on side would be 6 years before this festival, and those kids are now mid 20s and moving past festival age.

I'd still kill for Kanye, Tyler and J Cole though.