SZA

gherkin8r

9 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Attendees under 25 don’t make up that much of the Glastonbury crowd anymore. 

Is that your observation or you've got a source? 

As with @4AssedMonkey I've been pleasantly surprised by the quantity of folks quite a bit younger than me, it's really noticeable on some of the seetickets coaches I've been on. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 12:25 AM, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Interesting article... how realistic is it though that forthcoming headliners will bring a unique show to Glasto? 

Exactly. I think Dua Lipa's relative lack of dates this summer could see something a little more custom, and Coldplay will tailor a few surprises like they do. But SZA screams "business as usual" to me. That's fine for other festivals! But there's a reason the best-loved Pyramid headline sets tend to be the ones where it isn't "just another show", so to speak.

ill be at justice but ive made peace with the fact she might might bring pheobe bridges out for ghost in the machine or kendrick out or travis scott . be gutted to miss it but cant be at everything!

20 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Her latest album is actually really good. I was having a listen today.

But is it Sunday night headliner good?

I've tried to be positive and find some appeal, but I just find it flat, really flat. Somerset levels flat.

Still hope her fans enjoy it though...

21 hours ago, TiZuff said:

ill be at justice but ive made peace with the fact she might might bring pheobe bridges out for ghost in the machine or kendrick out or travis scott . be gutted to miss it but cant be at everything!

If she does the clip will be on YouTube. Thats good enough for me, Justice on WH is where the party will be at. 

If you've donated to the Clashfinder website you can see the stats for how much an act has been highlighted and without giving anything away, SZA is not getting a lot of love on there.

Enjoy her music but think it's shaping up to be a real dud of a headliner.

3 minutes ago, mouserat said:

If you've donated to the Clashfinder website you can see the stats for how much an act has been highlighted and without giving anything away, SZA is not getting a lot of love on there.

Enjoy her music but think it's shaping up to be a real dud of a headliner.

Didn't something similar happen for Kendrick two years back - and before that for Stormzy?

i.e. Clashfinder demographics don't tell the whole story either 

42 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Didn't something similar happen for Kendrick two years back - and before that for Stormzy?

Also 'sitting at home you' vs 'festival you' can be like 2 completely different people at the best of times. At festival me often looks at my clashfinder and thinks that sitting at home me is a right idiot.

1 hour ago, Nice hymer said:

I've tried to be positive and find some appeal, but I just find it flat, really flat. Somerset levels flat.

She's miles better than Ed Sheeran, The Who, Kasabian and Mumford & Sons for starters.

57 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

True, and it's early days so only the truly obsessed are filling out their Clashfinder. And maybe it's something a lot of people don't even do at all, especially with the app existing now.

Did check as was curious and Kendrick did alright in the top 10 most highlighted that year. Stormzy is lower down (22nd) but SZA has ground to make up as she's not even in the top 50 atm.

Hope she does get a good crowd and smashes it as I've enjoyed her stuff since the early EPs. And she's clearly got a stage show that's Pyramid-worthy in scale based on reviews of her last tour.

2 hours ago, mouserat said:

True, and it's early days so only the truly obsessed are filling out their Clashfinder. And maybe it's something a lot of people don't even do at all, especially with the app existing now.

Did check as was curious and Kendrick did alright in the top 10 most highlighted that year. Stormzy is lower down (22nd) but SZA has ground to make up as she's not even in the top 50 atm.

Hope she does get a good crowd and smashes it as I've enjoyed her stuff since the early EPs. And she's clearly got a stage show that's Pyramid-worthy in scale based on reviews of her last tour.

Just out of interest, what were the cure on the 2019 one? They had the smallest headline crowd I've been at personally, but polar opposite demographics to SZA 

58 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Just out of interest, what were the cure on the 2019 one? They had the smallest headline crowd I've been at personally, but polar opposite demographics to SZA 

The Cure were third most highlighted, only just behind Kylie and Tame Impala. Not much between any of them or the Chems in fourth.

3 hours ago, crumbler said:

She's miles better than Ed Sheeran, The Who, Kasabian and Mumford & Sons for starters.

saw her concert 3 months ago and it was boring as hell - loads left halfway trough the set. 

5 hours ago, crumbler said:

That's good to hear. I skipped The Who and Mumford, so no idea if they were good gigs.

Kasabian were pretty good and Sheeran hasn't disappointed yet, so you should be up for an epic evening - enjoy!

2 hours ago, mouserat said:

The Cure were third most highlighted, only just behind Kylie and Tame Impala. Not much between any of them or the Chems in fourth.

I think that answers my question about the demographics then! The Cure had a tiny crowd 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nice hymer said:

In a word, no. But then again, the rest of the lineup on the Sunday is a bit iffy too. SZA is definitely becoming a possibility for me.