Paredes de Coura 2024

Naran Jitu

1 hour ago, stereodista said:

Strongly considering this as the summer’s international festival, but it’s trickier to get to than some. Is it best to fly to Porto and go from there? (From London, that is.)

Travel by plane to Porto and then take a bus to Paredes de Coura.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I didn't find it tricky at all. Bus was easy, comfortable and direct - don't remember any traffic even which can blight UK festivals.

Parede de Coura, is a super calm village.
Festival is very well organized. The director thinks a lot about his fans.

• 3 months later...

Hey, anyone here? I'm starting this to see if anyone is going to Vodafone Paredes de Coura this year. It's our first time camping there, and it's one of our favorite festivals, so this year we decided to spend all 4 days there. Anyone have any camping experiences from previous years? Anyone extraordinary coming along that we can invite for a Superbock?.

1 hour ago, ModerHegel said:

Hey, anyone here? I'm starting this to see if anyone is going to Vodafone Paredes de Coura this year. It's our first time camping there, and it's one of our favorite festivals, so this year we decided to spend all 4 days there. Anyone have any camping experiences from previous years? Anyone extraordinary coming along that we can invite for a Superbock?.

Hey, I'm not going this year but went last year and camped, lots of wonderful things about it

I'd say it's worth bringing an extra tarp or reflective cover for shade for your tent so you can get some sleep.

Also, the morning after the last night of the fest they get DJs playing aggressively loud in the campsite at 6am, if I went again I'd plan on getting earliest bus back to Porto and sleeping on there

Have a fab time, opening day in particular looks fab

I might go, still undecided. For me the line up is quite underwhelming compared to last year, but there’s a couple of exciting names in there. Aside from that, it was the best festival I’ve ever been to.

I was camping last year- bring earplugs for sure. Because the music goes on until 4am you should utilise the opportunity after 4 until about midday to sleep before it gets noisy again. And as said above, on the last day the loud music doesn’t stop all night. So don’t expect to sleep on the last day at all.

8 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Does anyone know BTW how long girl in red will get ? I assume at least 60 minutes, but what are the chances of 90 minutes?

is she playing before or after Idles? From the poster it would suggest she’s on last but it’s unclear.

16 hours ago, allribena said:

Hey, I'm not going this year but went last year and camped, lots of wonderful things about it

I'd say it's worth bringing an extra tarp or reflective cover for shade for your tent so you can get some sleep.

Also, the morning after the last night of the fest they get DJs playing aggressively loud in the campsite at 6am, if I went again I'd plan on getting earliest bus back to Porto and sleeping on there

Have a fab time, opening day in particular looks fab

First of all, thanks so much for responding to my message. I hope many of us share our festival experiences.

Based on past years, the bands usually go in the order listed on the poster.

So, Girl in Red should be on Saturday after Idles. The last band typically plays a bit longer than the others, about 20 extra minutes, as long as none of the earlier bands run over their time.

On 7/17/2024 at 11:10 AM, ModerHegel said:

Hi

Have you ever been there before, by car? 
Could you tell me how parking works on site?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, joselito said:

Hi

Have you ever been there before, by car? 
Could you tell me how parking works on site?

Thanks.

Yes, I've been there before. You won't have any issues with parking, as there are large parking areas close to the campsite. The distance from the campsite to the concert area is a bit longer, but everything is well connected despite the limited signage.

On another note, I understand that Girl in Red is currently more popular than IDLES. I would prefer it to be as you mentioned, with IDLES closing the festival since they are one of the main reasons I'm attending. However, I don't think that will be the case, as bands usually perform in the order listed on the lineup.

• Upvote 1

On 7/18/2024 at 11:13 AM, ModerHegel said:

First of all, thanks so much for responding to my message. I hope many of us share our festival experiences.

Based on past years, the bands usually go in the order listed on the poster.

So, Girl in Red should be on Saturday after Idles. The last band typically plays a bit longer than the others, about 20 extra minutes, as long as none of the earlier bands run over their time.

Thanks- I thought so based on last year as well. Last year the last band always got 1hr 30 (little Sims, lorde etc). And the one before got an hour or an hour 15.

15 minutes ago, ModerHegel said:

Yes, I've been there before. You won't have any issues with parking, as there are large parking areas close to the campsite. The distance from the campsite to the concert area is a bit longer, but everything is well connected despite the limited signage.

On another note, I understand that Girl in Red is currently more popular than IDLES. I would prefer it to be as you mentioned, with IDLES closing the festival since they are one of the main reasons I'm attending. However, I don't think that will be the case, as bands usually perform in the order listed on the lineup.

On a global scale, Girl in Red is the largest artist on the line up by a long way- but based on the Paredes De Coura 'crowd', I could see Idles getting a larger crowd than Girl in Red.

That being said- if I do come- I will be watching Idles, but just so I can be at the barrier for Girl in Red :')

4 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

On a global scale, Girl in Red is the largest artist on the line up by a long way- but based on the Paredes De Coura 'crowd', I could see Idles getting a larger crowd than Girl in Red.

That being said- if I do come- I will be watching Idles, but just so I can be at the barrier for Girl in Red :')

While Girl in Red is one of the best on the lineup for me, I'm really going for Fontaines DC. So, during the IDLES and Girl in Red concerts, I'll just be enjoying the music. This year, in my opinion, the festival lineup is way better than in previous years. I hope we all enjoy all the bands on the lineup.

Hello. 

The festival website states that you cannot bring cans or bottles into the venue, which I understand includes the camping area. Is this true? Is there really no way to bring a cooler with beer? It would be unusual for a festival campsite... Can anyone who has been there clarify this?

3 hours ago, ModerHegel said:

Hello. 

The festival website states that you cannot bring cans or bottles into the venue, which I understand includes the camping area. Is this true? Is there really no way to bring a cooler with beer? It would be unusual for a festival campsite... Can anyone who has been there clarify this?

You can enter cans to the camping. Main festival site has an additional access, from that point you can't enter cans

9 hours ago, ModerHegel said:

Hello. 

You can take whatever you want into the campsite. They just have checks for the arena