Paredes de Coura 2024

Naran Jitu

Does anyone know if taxis (local/bolt/uber etc) are available from the festival to Porto in the early hours?

I need to get back to Porto airport by 7am on Sunday, after seeing Fontaines at 01:30...

No coaches or trains seem to be running early enough, so hoping I can get a taxi (aware it will cost a fortune).

Any info is very welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Any ideas on who they might book for 2025..??

I hope for Jungle, Parcels, maybe a strong female name like Wolf Alice, Chvrches , Pale Waves. 

what do we think is possible ?

They said that a Big Band has already been confirmed.

I believe it might be Catfish and the Bottlemen, or mgmt but i think it might be the first one

2 hours ago, Dudex14 said:

I believe it might be Catfish and the Bottlemen, or mgmt but i think it might be the first one

That would be pretty good. I'm thinking about booking in now for next year already. I would love marina to return for the first time in about 13 years.

4 hours ago, Dudex14 said:

I remember I read something here months ago about the Director explaining he was negotiating with Queens Of The Stone Age but, as was not possible for 2024, he was talking for 2025. Maybe @Daniel Ferreira remembers something more.

Considering that they canceled August 2024 shows, they'll maybe come back in 2025 and try to make it work.

Edited by gigi21
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dudex14 said:

To be honest, none of those bands are big bands in Portugal. Mgmt still has some appeal, but Catfish isn't Paredes de Coura material. The comment of @gigi21 makes sense, and can be a good possibility.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:

To be honest, none of those bands are big bands in Portugal. Mgmt still has some appeal, but Catfish isn't Paredes de Coura material. The comment of @gigi21 makes sense, and can be a good possibility.

QOTSA just canceled all the rest of the tour because of Josh's health problems. This makes them quite unlikely now.

On 8/22/2024 at 11:55 PM, MeMeMeM said:

Why is catfish not for parades de Coura?

i hope for jungle or parcels. The festival really missed out on them this year.

otherwise Chvrches would be good if they are on tour.

13 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

They all are. But probably not big enough in Portugal to be announced as The Big Band the festival is so proud to have booked.

On 8/26/2024 at 11:21 PM, FestivalJamie said:

Just check the type of festivals that Catfish has played, and check the lineups of Paredes de Coura. In my opinion, they don't fit. Besides that, they never played in Portugal, but have played several times in Spain. I live in Portugal and never heard anyone mention Catfish. 

Parcels and Jungle are a different thing. Both are quite popular here. Churches might happen, but not as a headliner status.

Edited by MeMeMeM
Correctiom

On 8/22/2024 at 5:15 PM, Dudex14 said:

Don't erase the possibility of  that information  being a marketing trick (since they knew at that time they would put Early Birds on sale very soon) and  there isn't any band still 100% confirmed.

But soon i will try to find who it might be. For now i know  it is not The Smile  neither Justice .

And of course , we need to be aware of what might be the definition of «big band» from the organization

We went here on Friday and Saturday. After 10 hours of flying, 1 hour of driving and a little rest, I was in this place in the middle of nowhere, as Girl in Red said.

I really enjoyed the experience, an audience that really enjoyed all the shows, which overall were great. Unfortunately, due to tiredness, I wasn't able to watch Mdou Moctar, but I reviewed some shows that I really liked, such as Allah-las, Fontaines DC, JAMC and IDLES.

Quiet location, easy to park in the city and a short walk, changing your bracelet in a minute, another minute for search and entry, no queues for bars with payment on the spot, bathrooms without queues, no more than five minutes to eat anything (the sandes de leitão), everything was perfect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joselito said:

We went here on Friday and Saturday. After 10 hours of flying, 1 hour of driving and a little rest, I was in this place in the middle of nowhere, as Girl in Red said.

I really enjoyed the experience, an audience that really enjoyed all the shows, which overall were great. Unfortunately, due to tiredness, I wasn't able to watch Mdou Moctar, but I reviewed some shows that I really liked, such as Allah-las, Fontaines DC, JAMC and IDLES.

Quiet location, easy to park in the city and a short walk, changing your bracelet in a minute, another minute for search and entry, no queues for bars with payment on the spot, bathrooms without queues, no more than five minutes to eat anything (the sandes de leitão), everything was perfect.

Paredes de Coura is really one of Europe’s best festivals!

• Like 1