Primavera Sound Porto 2024

flowernigiri

Dice app tickets - there’s the option to transfer tickets to friends. However, I assume it’s ok for three of us to go to the ticket exchange and just exchange them for wristbands off one Dice account? 

Too soon to say. The prevision in the portuguese websites change everyday but I would prepare for heavy rain, at least friday night and saturday morning:

image.png.0b63b5366dc1e7e21aba3517d5c884ab.png

Windguru:

image.png.f8c99ca5f16c2d0512165e976546cc9c.png

Edited by Yokai

5 hours ago, Jamesthedrake said:

How worried do we need to be about the weather? Looks a bit of a mixed bag on BBC/Apple. Remember it being quite rainy for a day or two last year

This is very unfortunate timing after the sunshine for the last week. 

Albeit a drop in temperatures won't hurt anyone. 🥵

I would like to see how they will deal with cancellation. I get that for weekend passes, yeah, no refund obviously. But Justice and Lana del Rey are billed side by side at the posters... I guess that they will say "well, you had more alternatives", but a situation like this, for a festival that wants to be bigger, is really amateur.

Just now, MeMeMeM said:

I would like to see how they will deal with cancellation. I get that for weekend passes, yeah, no refund obviously. But Justice and Lana del Rey are billed side by side at the posters... I guess that they will say "well, you had more alternatives", but a situation like this, for a festival that wants to be bigger, is really amateur.

They already said that there will be no refund. Lets just hope that Pulp can perform tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

I work in live music production and have done for over a decade. The idea that a festival didn't assess the weights of what was going on stage / getting flown whilst advancing is a staggering failure on a logistical, technical and H&S front.

It's not impossible that Justice arrived with oodles more equipment than stated, sadly this does happen. But for an act at their level on the international festival circuit with a very complex show, I lean towards this being a Primavera f**k up. 

Gutted for everyone who missed out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Han-Tyumi said:

It's not impossible that Justice arrived with oodles more equipment than stated

Surely they didnt have more equipment than they had for the show they played at the same festival in Barcelona the week before ? Indeed, what a failure.

10 hours ago, MeMeMeM said:I guess that they will say "well, you had more alternatives", but a situation like this, for a festival that wants to be bigger, is really amateur.

There were stretches yesterday where there was literally no music on the entire site. Extraordinary stuff, and their characteristic refusal to explain or apologise just makes it worse.

1 hour ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

Surely they didnt have more equipment than they had for the show they played at the same festival in Barcelona the week before ? Indeed, what a failure.

Very likely you're correct, especially as they could just strike any potential extras. I can't fathom how hard Primavera dropped the ball here. Very fortunate that no one got hurt, or worse. 

Absolute scenes. 

3 hours ago, BenjoDiMeo said:

Its actually a smaller stage