Forwards 2024

gfa

7 minutes ago, rwoo said:

If the food sitch at Massive Attack is anything to go by, I’d eat before going into Forwards. Queues for the loos were insane as well, also there was no signal at Massive Attack all day for me. Still buzzing for LCD though, heard they were on top form at APE. 

I'll be smuggling in sandwiches. I finally resigned myself too queuing at a stall in a mahoosive line until someone tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was waiting for collection - turns out the queue for ordering was parallel and twice as long. When they told me they'd queued for an hour to order before having to queue to collect I decided to give it up and go hungry...

10 minutes ago, rwoo said:

If the food sitch at Massive Attack is anything to go by, I’d eat before going into Forwards. Queues for the loos were insane as well, also there was no signal at Massive Attack all day for me. Still buzzing for LCD though, heard they were on top form at APE. 

Had the same for food queue, no queue at bar, didn't have to queue for the loos personally 

I've been to them all since the earlier Downs festivals 2016 onwards but as I went last Sunday don't plan to go next week.  Always had a great time, it's got a great line up and the two stages is slightly more balanced than MA was - I think they have a few food stalls up near the other stage

Edited by clarkete

Other than the food issue (and the rain) we had a cracking time at MA. Particularly pushing through the crowd crust on the left hand side there was loads of space down by the bottom bar. Got lucky in yomping back to the shuttle stop so managed to get away within fifteen minutes - but looking at the area I may just look at camping up roadside in my VW nearby

Sure they will have a different set of traders than the MA gig for this weekend. MA said vegan only , whereas forwards haven’t made that commitment 

have seen some longish ques for food before at forwards but a lot of the traders are in eye line of the stage so you can still catch the acts while waiting (albeit not in the pit).

im gonna get a big old lunch before entering then roll in for Crazy P probably. Might get something later on in there too if ques aren’t too bad 

Edited by internetjef

2 hours ago, hurdy said:

Other than the food issue (and the rain) we had a cracking time at MA. Particularly pushing through the crowd crust on the left hand side there was loads of space down by the bottom bar. Got lucky in yomping back to the shuttle stop so managed to get away within fifteen minutes - but looking at the area I may just look at camping up roadside in my VW nearby

I was similar area, stood in the chip queue for a long time, thankfully the view was great and they put on a great show. 

19 minutes ago, internetjef said:

have seen some longish ques for food before at forwards but a lot of the traders are in eye line of the stage so you can still catch the acts while waiting (albeit not in the pit).

I'm pretty confident forwards also have some food options near the end stage, maybe where the merch etc stalls were, at MA it was unfortunately all where the majority of the crowd was

Edited by clarkete

On 8/28/2024 at 2:28 PM, sheffinghell said:

Slightly discounted tickets available for LCD, via Tickets for Good (£50+fees)

what's the deal with these?  Do you have to prove you are a good person somehow, like work for the NHS or something?

1 hour ago, uscore said:

what's the deal with these?  Do you have to prove you are a good person somehow, like work for the NHS or something?

NHS or charity employee or in receipt of cost of living benefit

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, uscore said:

Tickets for Good, Concerts for Carers, Blue Light Tickets all require verification of work email (various categories including NHS and others, depending on the site). Once you're a member you can order last minute tickets, usually X2, but TfG sometimes allows as many as 6. The person ordering must be a member, their guests do not need to be. No resale allowed.

There are other sites that are vetted differently. Look up seatfillers. 

On my way up now. Forecasts look wildly different . Met office decent , a few others absolute washout. Come on weather gods 

crazy p has had to pull out (3.30), they’ve slid in one of the smaller bands from another stage into the slot 

rest of card upwards remains unchanged 

Yeah the afternoon rain was a little hectic there for a couple of hours.  But the ground held up well, and it was warm and not very windy so once it stopped raining everything was fine again for the evening.

Thought Underworld were great, and LCD Soundsystem too of course.  Shame CMAT got paused for lightning safety reasons, but not much you can about that.

I think the Festival has got better every year,  the queues were good for the bars, and toilets, and food. I really like the one stage finishes the other starts, setup.  Means you can watch non-stop all day if you want and it gets the crowd moving between the two and stops everyone camping at the front.

Yeah we got away with it with the weather and it turned out a lovely evening. Was a really nice festival, didn't queue for more than a few minutes for bar/toilet/food and the crowd was great. Underworld and LCD were awesome as expected, as were Jesus & The Mary Chain. I have only two complaints - 1. LCD didn't play 'oh baby 🙁' and 2. Those Dr Dre gin pre mixed cans are disgusting (only bought as they ran out of rum and coke and I'd had my fill of beer/cider for the day!!). The shuttle bus service was great as well, didn't wait too long for a bus when it finished.

All in all a great day and well worth the trip down from the midlands. Definitely returning next year assuming an equally strong line up.

Edited by Dave_c

Forwards Sunday was great 

Got in there for glass beams who had a bit of khruangbin vibe .

CMAT was ace even in the rain  but shame her set was greatly shortened due to the stop for the lightning to pass.

yard act were great. I thought the sound was a bit muddy where I was standing and a bit unbalanced but they really put a cracking performance in. 

Jessie Ware was good fun 

Watched a chunk of underworld but didn’t get right down the front as wanted to duck out for LCD. Heard most of set really though just was a bit far back. First time I had seen them was great to hear  2 months off , born slippy and dark train 

LCD soundsystem were great. Only disappointment was I was hoping for Us Vs Them but they didn’t play it . Got Get innocuous instead though which was prob the song they rotated into its place. Few Manc lads next to us had made journey down and were gearing up for a big night out in Bristol after. Hopefully they found something decent but didn’t have the heart to tell them late night Sunday options could be challenging to find  

cracking day all round , even if there was a bit of rain around 4ish . Pretty warm temps meant everyone dried out shortly after.

really feel it’s a great little festival. Can bars , good stage scheduling, pretty deep lineups, toilets seemed in good order etc.

Will def look to go again next year even if I have to pick my day rather than both due to family commitments