Cropredy Festival

Steeeeve71

I couldn't find a topic for Cropredy Festival https://www.fairportconvention.com/. Please point me if it already exists.

Anyone in this forum a regular attendee?  What's the vibe and is it well-run?

I've never been, but tempted for a long time, wondering whether I should go for all three days in 2024.

Thanks muchly 🙏

Went in 2018.

It is in some ways an odd festival. There is (strictly speaking) only one stage though there is a small acoustic stage where acts "pop up" between main stage sets. The site is a big slope facing down to that single stage with good views assured. The Festival has a folky and "mature" vibe. You will find that most punters plonk their chairs down in rows and wander about from there, an area in front of the stage is kept clear for close appreciation of the acts and dancing should the mood take you. You can bring your own booze into the arena and a good selection of the usual festival food purveyors and there are some acts playing at sort of "fringe" events around the village of Cropredy and the camp sites. The punters are mostly 50+ but not exclusively so and there are a lot of dogs in attendance. If you are camping in a tent you can park next to your tent which gives you your own "lock up". Facilities are good; free showers and good clean toilets. The acts are not solely folk though, Alice Cooper, Caravan, Steve Hackett and Brian Wilson have all played recently.

Also it starts on a Thursday and finishes on the Saturday. 

• Thanks 1