Omaze Somerset House

O'Doyle Rules

8 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

When I win it you're all welcome for Glasto prinks.

Just in case it was of any importance, it was pointed out to me that Omaze may not award a person the prize if the 'winner' has a criminal conviction or two, of a certain nature. 

I do one single postal entry for the Omaze houses - in my wife's name!

• Upvote 1

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/20/why-has-almost-every-omaze-dream-home-been-put-up-for-sale-19406184/?ico=trending-module_category_property_item-6

"After just three days Glen handed back the keys of Stealth House to Omaze and demanded a cash pay-out of £3 million.

Why? The five-bedroom home was being threatened by coastal erosion and neighbours even predict the property will succumb to it within the next five to ten years"

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Then I'll send the lads round to the firm, get the equity back and do it again next year. 

Ever read (or seen the film 'The General: Godfather of Crime'? He pretty much did the above with paying off his mortgages. Brought the mortgage money into the lender (in cash), paid off his two mortgages, then exits the financial institution. As he opens the door to leave, two gunmen wearing motorcycle helmets pass him, and enter the financial institution themselves. There they demanded exactly what was in the contents of the holdalls they had just been given. 

If you haven't read, or seen, then I would recommend you entertain yourself with at least one of them. 

10 minutes ago, clarkete said:

https://metro.co.uk/2023/10/20/why-has-almost-every-omaze-dream-home-been-put-up-for-sale-19406184/?ico=trending-module_category_property_item-6

"After just three days Glen handed back the keys of Stealth House to Omaze and demanded a cash pay-out of £3 million.

Why? The five-bedroom home was being threatened by coastal erosion and neighbours even predict the property will succumb to it within the next five to ten years"

I am very fortunate. I already live in the house that I want to live in. It took a few decades, but got here in the end. I do enter competitions though - every now and again. My biggest prize was winning a £3.5K outdoor table.* 

I also entered a PG Tips tea competition to win a car. The second prize was a year's supply of PG Tips tea. You had to send in what you thought the taste of PG Tips reminded you of. Naturally enough, I sent in an entry informing them that the taste of PG Tips reminded me of vomit.

They gave me second prize ie a year's supply of PG Tips, and therefore a years supply of vomit.

I was outgunned.

I told them so in a message of congratulations towards them, and capitulation on my part. 

* Sold within the week for about £650, as we were right skint.

48 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Did he get it?

39 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Ever read (or seen the film 'The General: Godfather of Crime'? He pretty much did the above with paying off his mortgages. Brought the mortgage money into the lender (in cash), paid off his two mortgages, then exits the financial institution. As he opens the door to leave, two gunmen wearing motorcycle helmets pass him, and enter the financial institution themselves. There they demanded exactly what was in the contents of the holdalls they had just been given. 

If you haven't read, or seen, then I would recommend you entertain yourself with at least one of them. 

I will get it.