Arcadia 2024

aj6658

45 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Don’t think so personally . They have to be very careful when painting the bins onsite and use special paint . Will see shortly 

Maybe they have some sort of canvas/wrap to go over it rather than paint. Would be a bit odd if it was left grey and it's supposed to be a dragonfly. I'm sure they have something cool planned.

38 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Maybe they have some sort of canvas/wrap to go over it rather than paint. Would be a bit odd if it was left grey and it's supposed to be a dragonfly. I'm sure they have something cool planned.

If they can paint pins they can paint this. They painted the base of the crane in situ so I don’t see the problem!

Same colour would work ok 😂

IMG_1561.jpeg.6985febe438921bcac40fb2270770faf.jpeg

Just now, stuie said:

If they can paint pins they can paint this. They painted the base of the crane in situ so I don’t see the problem!

Same colour would work ok 😂

IMG_1561.jpeg.6985febe438921bcac40fb2270770faf.jpeg

that was done for the sole purpose of it blending in 🙂 .... 

I expected more to have been done to it off site IMO, especially given how long they've had the thing.  If it's just the carcass of a Sea King, left in Navy grey on stilts then that'll be massively underwhelming.  Taking solace from the fact that they've obviously made cut outs in the chassis to add things in during the build and there's 2 weeks left to complete the transformation.

47 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

that was done for the sole purpose of it blending in 🙂 .... 

of course it was, just saying that if they want to paint a massive object on site they have the skills and know how. 

We’ll see… bets are on 😉😂

I don’t think it needs to be painted, I like the navy grey industrial look, I’m sure the wings will be interesting / projection mapped.. it’s going to be hard to beat the impact of the spider and Pangea but hopefully they have some clever tricks up their sleeve.. Can’t wait to see it in action. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pipine said:

I don’t think it needs to be painted, I like the navy grey industrial look, I’m sure the wings will be interesting / projection mapped.. it’s going to be hard to beat the impact of the spider and Pangea but hopefully they have some clever tricks up their sleeve.. Can’t wait to see it in action. 

^^ probably crazy projection mapping going to be used yes! Painting anything other than a block colour would stop that working wouldn't it?

1 minute ago, stuie said:

of course it was, just saying that if they want to paint a massive object on site they have the skills and know how. 

We’ll see… bets are on 😉😂

Pint in ridge and furrow during the meet ? About time you made an appearance:) 

Just now, Pipine said:

I don’t think it needs to be painted, I like the navy grey industrial look, I’m sure the wings will be interesting / projection mapped..

Yep - ultimately given that 99% of the time people will pay any attention will be after dark, they can pretty much make it look how they want with suitable lighting. And arguably Grey is easier to light than a Green would be.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It’s not gonna be painted . They’ve had two plus years to do that if they were going to … the crane never got painted untill they were trying to blend it in at a later stage 

Idk, if it was my project, painting it in a open field after you dragged it halfway across the county might be a good idea. 

11 minutes ago, Pipine said:

Im with you here, The patina took decades to evolve would be a shame to cover it up. 

I think its adds to the repurposing of old military kit too, the tired old paint job is its past, the lasers and crazy stuff is its current life. 

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Pint in ridge and furrow during the meet ? About time you made an appearance:) 

Subject to not being on shift, which has been the case last 2 fests! 

26 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I expected more to have been done to it off site IMO, especially given how long they've had the thing.  If it's just the carcass of a Sea King, left in Navy grey on stilts then that'll be massively underwhelming.  Taking solace from the fact that they've obviously made cut outs in the chassis to add things in during the build and there's 2 weeks left to complete the transformation.

Yeah hopefully it's awesome, but as much I thought Pangea was awesome, it was just a crane with v little changed about it, so could be the same deal here (which would no doubt still be v cool). 

51 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

was the arcadia image on the app always the concept art? makes me think they are going to do alot with the chopper before gates open!?

Yeah, it was clearly AI generated.

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

The crane was f**king bonkers when you think about it now. 

Im looking forward to seeing what they do with the chopper. 

It was bloody fabulous and had so much potential. I can't imagine the dragonfly will have the same wow factor but we'll see. 

11 hours ago, Madyaker said:

The crane was f**king bonkers when you think about it now. 

Im looking forward to seeing what they do with the chopper. 

Yeah, but I f**king loved Pangea.  I reckon it had loads of potential for evolution too had the planning not scuppered it.

• Like 1