Arcadia 2024

aj6658

22 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I definitely want to give it a good bit of my time. It sounds so unique (well, different to anything I've ever been to anyway)

Do so.  The first G I went to, we'd done little research, unsure what to expect and had our minds blown many times a day.  Arcadia (the Spider) was in the SE Corner then and they had a show called Lords of Lightning to "open" the stage around 11:00ish? (might be wrong about that, but it was dark).  A huge metal spider, playing loud dance music, with gymnasts on wires hanging off the crane attachments, loads of pyrotechnics and 2 people on massive stools firing lightning at each other.  I was actual jaw dropped agog.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Do so.  The first G I went to, we'd done little research, unsure what to expect and had our minds blown many times a day.  Arcadia (the Spider) was in the SE Corner then and they had a show called Lords of Lightning to "open" the stage around 11:00ish? (might be wrong about that, but it was dark).  A huge metal spider, playing loud dance music, with gymnasts on wires hanging off the crane attachments, loads of pyrotechnics and 2 people on massive stools firing lightning at each other.  I was actual jaw dropped agog.

I can't imagine that they'll ever better that. I've never seen anything as good at Arcadia since the people firing lightning at each other. To be honest I haven't watched since it moved. Do they still do stuff like that?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blownimpression said:

I think I saw it at my first Glastonbury, which was 2013. Haven’t seen it since, but was a great show.

Yep, 2013 was my first Glasto and I remember the lightening guys, incredible show. From memory I don’t remember seeing them in 2014. Not sure exactly where it was located back in 2013 though? 

On 6/16/2024 at 12:21 PM, devonhammer said:

I can't imagine that they'll ever better that. I've never seen anything as good at Arcadia since the people firing lightning at each other. To be honest I haven't watched since it moved. Do they still do stuff like that?

I was completely and utterly unprepared for glasto at my first in 08. Had done no research or preparation, not watched a single video and had no idea what I was arriving at or what to expect. Everything and everyone was so much less online in them days. Trash city, Arcadia, unfair ground etc were all mind blowing in those early festivals for me but alas have become less so with familiarity. Really hope this dragonfly can recapture some of that and after missing out last year also looking forward to seeing the silver Hayes changes as that was an almost no-go area of the festival for me other than as a route to other places.

1 hour ago, toohottoocold said:

Definitely looks to be front facing this year which with speaker surrounding. Hopefully they include some delays for those outside of the ring. Also no sign of wings so "laser wings" might be the plan. Surely a few photos will leak soon!

one did in the site changes thread if you are happy to see spoilers .... was from a few days ago though 

On 6/16/2024 at 12:01 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

I saw this, and then the next year I upped it so much with friends who hadn't seen it - Giant spiderpeople floating in the air laying ballon eggs, dancing with flame throwers, tesla coil battles..- we all turned up to the Spider with massive expectations and well... it was not that. The spider has always been a bit disappointing since tbh.