Y Not 2024

beau1

4 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Was always going Frank Turner myself but after experiencing Jamie T's horrendous Tramlines set last night I encourage everybody to explore alternative options on Saturday night! 

Tbf, other people down at the front said he was great.  For me, you know what you get with Jamie T and if you like his stuff you’ll have a good time 

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

"If you like their music, you'll enjoy them"

Could this about any act, no?

You encouraged everyone to go elsewhere, I mentioned if you like his stuff you’ll have a good time.  Simple really

9 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Was always going Frank Turner myself but after experiencing Jamie T's horrendous Tramlines set last night I encourage everybody to explore alternative options on Saturday night! 

He was really shockingly poor at Truck  and assumed he was not well, drunk or high. Stuck it out to the end as my partner said he would be rubbish and I did not want to admit she was right. At the end of the night, I had to admit one of the worst headline sets I have ever seen. All rather sad, if this was a typical set. He did say they don’t get to play live much and from the sound of it, I can believe it. So glad he was not on the last night and we got it out of the way on Friday.

To be fair, plenty seemed to enjoy it but lots just seem puzzled about how poor he was.

• Upvote 1

Quick question on e-tickets, should we receive separate e-tickets for live-in vehicles? I just seem to have a confirmation of order every time I try to access them through the seetickets portal. On the otherhand,  I have no problem getting to the link to download the e-tickets for entry to the festival. 

I did separate bookings for entry and live-in vehicles. 

18 hours ago, Dales said:

He was really shockingly poor at Truck  and assumed he was not well, drunk or high. Stuck it out to the end as my partner said he would be rubbish and I did not want to admit she was right. At the end of the night, I had to admit one of the worst headline sets I have ever seen. All rather sad, if this was a typical set. He did say they don’t get to play live much and from the sound of it, I can believe it. So glad he was not on the last night and we got it out of the way on Friday.

To be fair, plenty seemed to enjoy it but lots just seem puzzled about how poor he was.

well as I'm not a huge fan of Jamie T anyway, and essentially would be watching him to try to be convinced otherwise, I'm thinking my original instinct of just watching Frank Turner because I'm a big fan of his is probably the right one. Though I suppose I could give Jamie T the 10 mins and then leg it over if I want, and miss the first couple of Frank songs

On 7/29/2024 at 6:36 AM, wickmiller said:

Quick question on e-tickets, should we receive separate e-tickets for live-in vehicles? I just seem to have a confirmation of order every time I try to access them through the seetickets portal. On the otherhand,  I have no problem getting to the link to download the e-tickets for entry to the festival. 

I did separate bookings for entry and live-in vehicles. 

I received a physical Live In Vehicle tag to hang from the rear view mirror in the post a couple of days ago

If you don't get one in time - take your booking confirmation email with you - worked last year!

21 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

well as I'm not a huge fan of Jamie T anyway, and essentially would be watching him to try to be convinced otherwise, I'm thinking my original instinct of just watching Frank Turner because I'm a big fan of his is probably the right one. Though I suppose I could give Jamie T the 10 mins and then leg it over if I want, and miss the first couple of Frank songs

Having watched Jamie T at Tramlines please please please do not miss Frank Turner to watch him. 

Wasn't totally shocking but not a good Headline act at all.  Seemed to be unravelling on stage and wanted to fall out with the crowd.  Couple of decent tunes mid set but his three big tunes are the last 3, if he can remember the words.

15 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Having watched Jamie T at Tramlines please please please do not miss Frank Turner to watch him. 

Wasn't totally shocking but not a good Headline act at all.  Seemed to be unravelling on stage and wanted to fall out with the crowd.  Couple of decent tunes mid set but his three big tunes are the last 3, if he can remember the words.

Didn't think to look at the setlist actually. I like The Old Style Raiders and Between The Rocks (early on) and Zombie, but don't really think much of Sheila or Sticks n Stones, though can imagine the atmosphere is good. No Emily's Heart at all.

I think I can sacrifice the earlier two, watch all of Frank Turner and still make it over for the encore with that 20 minutes. Can at least say I've given it a go then!

18 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Didn't think to look at the setlist actually. I like The Old Style Raiders and Between The Rocks (early on) and Zombie, but don't really think much of Sheila or Sticks n Stones, though can imagine the atmosphere is good. No Emily's Heart at all.

I think I can sacrifice the earlier two, watch all of Frank Turner and still make it over for the encore with that 20 minutes. Can at least say I've given it a go then!

My lad is off to Y Not and that is what he is doing, although he did see Jamie T at Tramlines.

On 7/25/2024 at 11:28 PM, Andeh03 said:

Not impressed with BrewDog whether it’s £7 or not.

last year the real ale tent had a more limited choice than previous years also, so hoping it’s doesn’t take another downturn. 

There’s also cider in the hog and barrel tent. 

I’ll be taking plenty of my own cans to get loaded in the camp site.

Can confirm the real cider was gone from the Hog and Barrel (was it gone last year?), and the real ale tent was down to 2, an IPA and a golden ale. There was a BrewDog ale as well on keg that I didn’t try. It was quite easy to sneak a can in though, and it’s the way of these festivals now unfortunately. 

Had a fantastic weekend though, for what I paid (just over £100) the undercard 2nd and 3rd stages were great. 

5 minutes ago, wickmiller said:

Wow, Live In Vehicle Tickets are £125 + booking fee in 2025. Up from £75 in 2024. I suspect they are cashing in on the ‘ex-KC live in vehicle’ demand 

We paid £94 last year for live in vehicle...

27 minutes ago, wickmiller said:

Wow, Live In Vehicle Tickets are £125 + booking fee in 2025. Up from £75 in 2024. I suspect they are cashing in on the ‘ex-KC live in vehicle’ demand 

I normally go to Kendal, and went to Y Not this year based on the lineup (general camping always).

Had an amazing time at Y Not, very few complaints for me apart from maybe lack of toilets at times, but its definitely a little more...basic on the facilities, especially food. Fine for me, I go there just to camp, drink and watch music, though Co-Op at Kendal is very useful for both having cold beers and not having to carry as many cans in

But I have a feeling those people who are swapping Kendal for Y Not for the reasons of the live in vehicle field being moved further away from the arena might regret such an impulsive decision when they see the difference between the two festivals. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

On 8/9/2024 at 12:33 PM, efcfanwirral said:

I normally go to Kendal, and went to Y Not this year based on the lineup (general camping always).

Had an amazing time at Y Not, very few complaints for me apart from maybe lack of toilets at times, but its definitely a little more...basic on the facilities, especially food. Fine for me, I go there just to camp, drink and watch music, though Co-Op at Kendal is very useful for both having cold beers and not having to carry as many cans in

But I have a feeling those people who are swapping Kendal for Y Not for the reasons of the live in vehicle field being moved further away from the arena might regret such an impulsive decision when they see the difference between the two festivals. 

How do the two festivals compare in general?