Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

45 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Any idea how close that tends to arrive?

Our lead booker, who booked two pods, had the email with a form asking for specific names for each pods but we've had nothing apart from that, as of yet

I’ve not stayed up there for a couple of years but it always used to be really close to the festival they sent info  out 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mufcok said:

Our lead booker, who booked two pods, had the email with a form asking for specific names for each pods but we've had nothing apart from that, as of yet

What I received 22nd June 2022 

4 PERSON BUNKPAD - STICKLINCH

When you arrive onsite you can head directly to the Green Reception

If you have booked more than one tent, you will receive one email per tent.

You can find a campsite map at the top of this email. 

Vehicle access to the Worthy View car parks is via red route (A361) if approaching from the North, and via Blue Route (A37) if approaching from the South. Follow the signs for Worthy View.

If you are travelling by coach, you will arrive at the main festival Bus station where you can get a bus to Worthy View Campsite. This will take 45mins without traffic, so during peak times you may want to walk across site, which takes around 1 hour. You can follow us on twitter @worthyview for bus updates.

See you soon, 

Edited by clarkete
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, mufcok said:

I am expecting something this week, based on a comment on another thread. But I can't remember the date the email came out previously.

Asking this in here, as the Sticklinch email said they can't comment on other 'external campsites'

I'm travelling down with friends in Holt Farm which, making an educated guess, seems to be right next to Sticklinch/Sticklinch parking. Would I be right to assume that, going off the map, I should be able to get directly from Holt Farm to Sticklinch's main entrance; meaning I can enter through there, or, am I going to have to go in through Gate D then walk round?

22 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You'll need a Sticklinch wristband to go via their gate so I suspect you'll have to go to one of the public gates e.g. Gate D 

What do Holt Farm say?

Sorry, I don't think I actually stipulated there that I'm staying in Sticklinch. Friends I'm travelling with are in Holt Farm.

The Sticklinch wristband you get from the main Sticklinch gate though don't you, along with your festival wristband? It looks like the main Sticklinch gate backs right onto it - so I'm assuming I can just walk straight to that gate, going off the maps

Edited by mufcok

43 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Sorry, I don't think I actually stipulated there that I'm staying in Sticklinch. Friends I'm travelling with are in Holt Farm.

The Sticklinch wristband you get from the main Sticklinch gate though don't you, along with your festival wristband? It looks like the main Sticklinch gate backs right onto it - so I'm assuming I can just walk straight to that gate, going off the maps

Eh? 

What are you trying to do?  I'm slow and confused. 

11 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Eh? 

What are you trying to do?  I'm slow and confused. 

Get from Holt Farm's car park (which I'll be arriving into) directly into Sticklinch, through the main Sticklinch gate (not PG D)

Surprised to see the Worthy View car park opens at 9pm on Tuesday (next week!). Is this just the car park or can we get access to our tent, if not is it 8am as per the main festival gates?

Would love to rock up around midnight and get some sleep but wouldn't inside our Mini.

I've not clocked that before - to know whether it says the same every year but it does then say gates open at 8am on Weds. So I presume it'd be a case of  sitting in your car until gates open on Weds morning. 

Edited by sunnyshoes

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Get from Holt Farm's car park (which I'll be arriving into) directly into Sticklinch, through the main Sticklinch gate (not PG D)

Ah, you're staying in sticklinch but needed to park elsewhere? 

I'm afraid I don't know, but in 22 when we were in Sticklinch they reportedly had a few issues with folks using that as an access point into the festival, so my guess would be access will be more restrictive rather than less 🤷

17 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Ah, you're staying in sticklinch but needed to park elsewhere? 

I'm afraid I don't know, but in 22 when we were in Sticklinch they reportedly had a few issues with folks using that as an access point into the festival, so my guess would be access will be more restrictive rather than less 🤷

Cheers. Yeah exactly that - I'm in Sticklinch, rest of the car - Holt Farm.

They're neighbouring so I'm hoping I'll be sweet but I guess it's in via PG D first if not, not the end of the world

48 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Cheers. Yeah exactly that - I'm in Sticklinch, rest of the car - Holt Farm.

They're neighbouring so I'm hoping I'll be sweet but I guess it's in via PG D first if not, not the end of the world

Won't be a problem I think. 

You could even just jump out on sticklebell

7 hours ago, mufcok said:

Just walk out of the car park into SL car park and through SL gate. There isn't an issue with that. You are literally in the next field. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Gashead said:

Yes sounds likely. I have emailed so will see what response I get 

Just had confirmation Worthy View doesn't open before 8am Wednesday so kip in the car if required.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I would like to know what is recommended for the quickest possible entrance in to Worthy View (we're coming from Manchester), I have read somewhere approaching from the South is best?

Secondly, we have a spare parking ticket for WV if anyone is in need?

18 minutes ago, casablancakiwi said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I would like to know what is recommended for the quickest possible entrance in to Worthy View (we're coming from Manchester), I have read somewhere approaching from the South is best?

Secondly, we have a spare parking ticket for WV if anyone is in need?

There is a route to WV from the A361, I have seen signs off the A361 pointing to WV before. It takes you down some narrow lanes to get there. 

On the basis you can get through that way, then you should be looking at M6>M5>A39>A361

Otherwise you would need to get to the East side of the site, down the A37

Edited by al_coholic
fact check

5 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

I am fairly sure there is a route to WV from the A361, I have seen signs off the A361 pointing to WV before. It takes you down some narrow lanes to get there. 

On the basis you can get through that way, then you should be looking at M6>M5>A39>A361

Otherwise you would need to get to the East side of the site, down the A37

Did this route in 2022 and it was free of traffic, straight into the car park at about 7.45am