Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

Sticklinch question - I'm coming down in a camper with friends in the morning (their end destination is campervan east, I'm staying in Sticklinch).

Is there anywhere they could drop me that's walkable to Sticklinch, or am I resigned to the walk from the Campervan fields to Sticklinch?

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

so when we booked the tickets we all put the same group name. theyve sent us tent zones / numbers but we are in completely different zones yet our tent numbers follow one after another. 

theres been a mess up somewhere. 

emails have all been resent. with correct field names / zones. imagine doing the same mistake 2 (3?) years in a row 😄

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Sticklinch question - I'm coming down in a camper with friends in the morning (their end destination is campervan east, I'm staying in Sticklinch).

Is there anywhere they could drop me that's walkable to Sticklinch, or am I resigned to the walk from the Campervan fields to Sticklinch?

They can come along A361 from Glastonbury town drop you off at junction with Stickleback Lane, then do a U-turn and make their way to east camper via Woolands Road (following signs to Worthy View) and around south of site to join A37

5 hours ago, mikegday said:

They can come along A361 from Glastonbury town drop you off at junction with Stickleback Lane, then do a U-turn and make their way to east camper via Woolands Road (following signs to Worthy View) and around south of site to join A37

Cheers. Any idea how far of a walk I'd be looking at from there?

Having to show your ticket despite having both the Sticklinch & glasto wristbands to enter the main site from Sticklinch is a pain. Apparently they’ve been having people tamper with the wristbands, well just have the usual tug 🤣. Or is this just a steward on a power trip?

28 minutes ago, Tom_12 said:

Having to show your ticket despite having both the Sticklinch & glasto wristbands to enter the main site from Sticklinch is a pain. Apparently they’ve been having people tamper with the wristbands, well just have the usual tug 🤣. Or is this just a steward on a power trip?

Wasn't like that earlier some little Hitler has obvs changed the rules for no reason. 

12 hours ago, al_coholic said:

Wasn't like that earlier some little Hitler has obvs changed the rules for no reason. 

Not like that in WV, although the bag searches on entry and re entry queue are very thorough and taking forever!!

How was everyone's WV and SL experiences this year then?

First time in SL in a 2 man scout. Much more spacious than I thought with the porch bit and plenty of room for bags and 2 single air beds. Nice mix of people around us.

The food was OK. Breakfast was extortionate though, £12 / £14 for a brekkie wrap was taking the p**s. Queues for food went quick. The smoothies were quite nice. Blokes running the little bar absolutely hilarious, top people.

Only had 1 shower and that was when I popped back late afternoon 1 day. Morning queues were very long I don't know how people do it.

Main toilet queue was long in the mornings but went quick thanks for the stewards directing people to the empty cubicles, they did a great job.

Staff friendly and security very on it and friendly when checking wrist bands when we were crawling in at 4am.

Would only do it again if we got Thursday coach like we did this year. If I'm coming Wednesday I'll do General camping so we can secure our spot.

Edited by Greased-Up Deaf Guy
Grammar

Mainly positive from me in Sticklinch. I was in a 2 person podpad. Very tight on room but having some sort of actual bed was nice. It was also the quietest area I've stayed in at night, by some distance, meaning sleep wasn't much of a problem.

The shower queues could be quite brutal, so I just did it on Thursday & Saturday. Game changer having an actual shower.

The proximity of the car park is sensational. Having said that - my friends just dropped me there, and then were driving round the site to the Campervan fields. Stewards did not like that and in the end we had security over booting off. Not sure what the problem was. We were there for 5 mins, max, and there was no more traffic pulling in. Seemed like a bit of a power trip for them but anyway, I had the easiest entry I've had to the festival so politely... f*ck em.

I'd be interested to look at accommodation with more room in there, but that would need a number of friends to be successful.

On 6/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, Jacko45 said:

Honestly took 55 minutes to pass out of Ped Gate C last night.

55 mins to get out of the festival - piss take

Something happened at PGC on Weds and they were holding people from leaving. Not sure what exactly but a middle aged guy came running through the queue chased by security, who caught him and to took him to a tent outside PGC. After that the queue started flowing and we were through quite quickly.

How is the walk into the actual festival? I cant doWV because of the hill, i wish rgey had some kind of tilly bus service. If Im lucky enough to get tickets I think I’ll have to try for Love Fields as its practically on site and so easy.

20 minutes ago, angelin said:

How is the walk into the actual festival? I cant doWV because of the hill, i wish rgey had some kind of tilly bus service. If Im lucky enough to get tickets I think I’ll have to try for Love Fields as its practically on site and so easy.

Sticklinch has a direct gate entrance into festival and it’s a flat walk through the west campsites to Nearest areas are Arcadia/ The Park / Greenpeace and Other stage - about a 15-20 minute walk. 

We stayed in Worthy View for the first time, 2x 4 person bell tents, for 2 adults and a toddler each (x2). Was our 5-6th Glastonbury.

Best part is proximity to car park, especially with 2 toddlers in our group. Showers were good if you went at quiet times (mid afternoon). Toilets and showers 8-2pm were really busy and not worth the wait in my opinion.

Food vendors ok, only used once on the Thursday evening for pizza as wasn’t busy, quite expensive for what it was, but nice enough. The coffee van was ridiculously busy in the mornings, same as the showers. Why is everyone so desperate for a coffee at 9am, can’t they just wait to get on site rather than waiting an hour in a queue?

The hill from Pennards to Worthy View is a bit of a trek, but easily manageable if you have a reasonable level of fitness/ability. We had 2 running prams, or toddlers in backpack carriers and found it ok if we took it steady. Didn’t melt by the time we’d got to the top. We did it at least twice a day, but it definitely reduces the amount you can pop back to the tent between acts. Took me 50mins to get back to the tent from Pyramid after Seasick Steve, with running pram, and 30mins back to Pyramid from the tent with backpack carrier with toddler in. 

Car park was great, managed 4 small trips to/from the car in 1hr, as it’s so close. Driving to the car park was good, no queues, and leaving on Monday no queue, you can choose which way to leave on the lanes around, so can go in the right direction, compared to Orange/Pink departures in the past.

I think we’d do it again, mainly due to convenience with parking. Cost is an issue, is quite expensive for what it was. Obviously a wet/muddy year may change our outlook on how accessible it is with the hill and prams.

Still love the convenience and the car park proximity, and having a tent ready means not getting up at silly o clock.

but this is our third year in WV and the queues for everything get worse every year. Do they squeeze more tents in as the years go on? I dunno why a dump in the morning should take half hour of waiting.