Worthy View, Sticklinch, Tipis and campervans 1st Dec 12.00

sedra

21 hours ago, al_coholic said:

There is a route to WV from the A361, I have seen signs off the A361 pointing to WV before. It takes you down some narrow lanes to get there. 

On the basis you can get through that way, then you should be looking at M6>M5>A39>A361

Otherwise you would need to get to the East side of the site, down the A37

This is the way I go coming from the north and come at WV from the west past Glastonbury town and the Tor. You turn off for WV before you hit the main festival traffic I presume as I've not had any probs before - either Weds or Thurs mid-afternoon. So personally I don't think you need to come from the south or east. I avoid Bristol too so stay on M5 until the Glastonbury turn-off.

Hi everyone, ironing out our final plans for our first time in a campervan! We're in East and I'm thinking about getting home on the Monday - are the queues awful? We have a ferry out of Liverpool monday night and have to return our van first so really need to make sure we're out before things get too busy

43 minutes ago, sophlamb said:

Hi everyone, ironing out our final plans for our first time in a campervan! We're in East and I'm thinking about getting home on the Monday - are the queues awful? We have a ferry out of Liverpool monday night and have to return our van first so really need to make sure we're out before things get too busy

It you get up early and leave before 7am you should have no problems driving out quickly, you may be ok before 8am too. Last year we left at something like 5am or 6am and drove straight out, I can't remember the time exactly as I did an all nighter - I wasn't driving and I was volunteering for Oxfam so wanted to make the most of the last night as I wasn't working.

Edited by Johnnyseven

What do you think the odds on us selling our tipi would be (for face value of course) on Monday? We've been up in the air about attending as I am 29 weeks pregnant and will need to make a call on it last minute depending on weather etc. Would have been an easy sell a few weeks ago, but not sure on how it would be this close to the festival..

Edited by ledwards

Interestingly, the 3 times we’ve camped there they haven’t checked despite it saying it on the confirmation email. But we have friends staying at tipis who we’d give my ticket to if needed.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

You'd definitely need to speak to Hearthworks about it - they check the lead booker's ticket when you register.

On 6/21/2024 at 11:20 AM, Johnnyseven said:

It you get up early and leave before 7am you should have no problems driving out quickly, you may be ok before 8am too. Last year we left at something like 5am or 6am and drove straight out, I can't remember the time exactly as I did an all nighter - I wasn't driving and I was volunteering for Oxfam so wanted to make the most of the last night as I wasn't working.

Perfect, thank you. This is the plan!

Our WV car park ticket has not arrived yet. We’ve emailed Seetickets about it but no response. Anyone know if showing confirmation email etc and purchase proof at the car park gate will be fine?