MEO Kalorama Lisboa 2024

alan_ts

FeverUp (official ticket vender for Kalorama) mention on their website that there'll be over 60 artists at this year's festival (currently 34 announced). Never noticed this until now.

🌟 One of the hottest music festivals of the summer: 3 unforgettable days with over 60 artists
🎵 Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem, Sam Smith, Jungle, The Smile, Peggy Gou, The Kills, Ana Moura among others
🎉 Entertainment during the day with concerts, food, drinks, art and more
🏞️ A day at the park has never been this fun: music and nature blend perfectly at Bela Vista Park

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

FeverUp (official ticket vender for Kalorama) mention on their website that there'll be over 60 artists at this year's festival (currently 34 announced). Never noticed this until now.

🌟 One of the hottest music festivals of the summer: 3 unforgettable days with over 60 artists
🎵 Massive Attack, LCD Soundsystem, Sam Smith, Jungle, The Smile, Peggy Gou, The Kills, Ana Moura among others
🎉 Entertainment during the day with concerts, food, drinks, art and more
🏞️ A day at the park has never been this fun: music and nature blend perfectly at Bela Vista Park

It was over 60 last year, but 16 of those were on that fourth dance stage. Unless they're announcing that all at once, there's not much obvious for it this year. The ticket seller could just be using the same PR info, or it might be they changed their mind about that stage later.

I would love it if there were another 30 non dj acts, but not getting my hopes up. It's probably more realistic that it'll be another 10-12 across the main stages, and *maybe* a fourth dance stage.

12 minutes ago, spacedementia said:

They updated the lineup on the website, unfortunately the only additions seem to be the panorama stage acts a few other small names.

I was expecting more...

Screenshot_20240625-110113~2.png

Last year they announced the full lineup and a week later announced Blur.

Lets see

16 minutes ago, spacedementia said:

They updated the lineup on the website, unfortunately the only additions seem to be the panorama stage acts a few other small names.

I was expecting more...

Screenshot_20240625-110113~2.png

Was expecting at least Johhny Greenwood with Dudu Tassa,  since they are also in Kalorama Madrid, and Greenwood is already here ...  Well it is what it is

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dudex14 said:

Last year they announced the full lineup and a week later announced Blur.

Lets see

But they also announced quite a lot of reasonable sized acts in the week before.

This is sadly awful in comparison.

7 minutes ago, bluenova said:

But they also announced quite a lot of reasonable sized acts in the week before.

This is sadly awful in comparison.

It is like they blew their finances with the first announcments  and the last ones were what is more cheap in the market (Sadly from what i heard, the first part is not that far from the truth)

Just now, Tigane said:

It is like they blew their finances with the first announcments  and the last ones were what is more cheap in the market (Sadly from what i heard, the first part is not that far from the truth)

You can see how excited they are by the announcement as it's not even on any of their socials. Just slid it out.

Just had a look at the non-DJ additions, and we're in the 100 spotify listens territory. They're the kind of bands who play for expenses at local festivals. 

1 minute ago, bluenova said:

You can see how excited they are by the announcement as it's not even on any of their socials. Just slid it out.

Just had a look at the non-DJ additions, and we're in the 100 spotify listens territory. They're the kind of bands who play for expenses at local festivals. 

I am not expert in Marketing or anything like that,  but  if they think they can convice anyone to buy tickets with the new announcments, i think they will be disappointed 

11 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Probably they will update the socials after the press conference. 

But yeah, disappointing. The first announcement was pretty awesome, the second was mid, this is just terrible. I was expecting the Chelas é o Sitio collaboration names, but was hoping for something more.  

Edited by Yokai

And they confirmed it's the final line up.

The "new Lisbon stage" is comedy. You're expecting four stages, but we've only got enough for two, so here's some local bands that will play for free, and some of the cheaper DJs we could find 🤣

3 hours ago, bluenova said:

It's not a great look when they are using the Kalorama logo in place of where the artists' photos should be, for the new additions.  I wasn't expecting a lot to be added, but the final night is poor for my tastes (I know it will probably rank well in terms of Spotify numbers for the artists), so was hoping for something to strengthen that.  But overall it's good value and no regrets on piling in to buy tickets early.

I still think it is good value, because the first announcement was really strong.

Massive Attack, Peggy Gou, Fever Ray, LCD Soundsystem, The Smile, Jungle, Postal Service + DCFC, The Kills, Nation of Language, Soulwax, Yves Tumor, Overmono, Yard Act, dEUS, Fabiana Palladino are all great names for my taste, and also some portuguese acts I enjoy like Ana Lua Caiano and Glockenwise. 

Edited by Yokai

16 minutes ago, Yokai said:

I still think it is good value, because the first announcement was really strong.

Massive Attack, Peggy Gou, Fever Ray, LCD Soundsystem, The Smile, Jungle, Postal Service + DCFC, The Kills, Nation of Language, Soulwax, Yves Tumor, Overmono, Yard Act, dEUS, Fabiana Palladino are all great names for my taste, and also some portuguese acts I enjoy like Ana Lua Caiano and Glockenwise. 

Absolutely - that middle day for me could be the best ever single day line up.

Just a shame they couldn't even add some mid-size names to the final announcement.

6 hours ago, Yokai said:

Yes, i totally agree. Not so good as previous years but a great value. 

Just watching Jungle’s Glastonbury set on the iPlayer. Only dipped my toes previously and listened to a few tracks (all of which I’ve liked) but really enjoying this. Hoping the sun has gone down by the time they go on. Stage setup looks boss under the lights