MEO Kalorama Lisboa 2024

alan_ts

11 minutes ago, Cw91 said:

Prodigy announced for meo kalorama madrid

Probably not a major surprise, as I assume they're doing multi-year deals across BBK/Casa Mijas/Kalorama. Prodigy played Meo Kalorama last year, and Burna Boy isn't on the Madrid line up, so assume that's the alternative.

They're also saying that's the final line up, so pretty similar to Meo Kalorama.

Just been confirmed on their socials. Noticed the likes of Pukkelpop and Rock En Seine have also said they’re working hard to find a replacement, whereas Kalorama have just announced the cancellation and updated the poster with Jungle bumped up to the top line in place of The Smile. 

Might be being too cynical, but their bookings / announcements this year haven’t filled me with much confidence of them finding a decent (if any) replacement 

9 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Just been confirmed on their socials. Noticed the likes of Pukkelpop and Rock En Seine have also said they’re working hard to find a replacement, whereas Kalorama have just announced the cancellation and updated the poster with Jungle bumped up to the top line in place of The Smile. 

Might be being too cynical, but their bookings / announcements this year haven’t filled me with much confidence of them finding a decent (if any) replacement 

I can see them now, patting each other on the back, as it makes the other days look less weak 😕

3 hours ago, Yokai said:

Jungle are already on the first line on the new lineup. Hope we have a good replacement but it looks grim. 

Jungle had the same font size as per The Smile, so I thing that it is just to balance the poster.

However, might be difficult, at this point, to have a big replacement.

31 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Jungle had the same font size as per The Smile, so I thing that it is just to balance the poster.

However, might be difficult, at this point, to have a big replacement.

It was a little smaller, but then Death Cab/Postal Service had to fit on.

if they can't find one big one, I'll take ten medium ones 🙂

Edited by bluenova

PJ Harvey and Pulp would both make sense imo, fitting their late legacy headliner addition pattern (Blur in 2023, Nick Cave in 2022) and also feels like a similar demographic to The Smile. I know its probably the copium speaking tho...

1 hour ago, maxamcdaxa said:

PJ Harvey and Pulp would both make sense imo, fitting their late legacy headliner addition pattern (Blur in 2023, Nick Cave in 2022) and also feels like a similar demographic to The Smile. I know its probably the copium speaking tho...

Nation of Language, Jungle, Pulp & LCD would be some day

+1 for Pulp. I was at Primavera Porto, but would gladly watch them again since it was a great show.

But you know, hope for Pulp, expect a portuguese act like Branko or Capitão Fausto.

Edited by Yokai

Thinking about a post Primavera Porto addition:

Pulp is too famous in Portugal? Played saturday.

PJ Harvey, more plausible. 

Justice, cancelled their performance, not too similar, but more popular and could attract more audiences.

And, finally, how about... Lankum?

7 hours ago, joselito said:

Thinking about a post Primavera Porto addition:

Pulp is too famous in Portugal? Played saturday.

PJ Harvey, more plausible. 

Justice, cancelled their performance, not too similar, but more popular and could attract more audiences.

And, finally, how about... Lankum?

I'd be amazed if there was a post-Primavera addition.

The last two years, they've added them within a week or two of Primavera (assume some kind of publicity deal that asks them not to announce another festival before the Porto one). There would be no real point in Primavera making bands wait 6+ weeks, and odd for Kalorama to announce the line up is closed when they've got a potential big ticket seller waiting to join the line up. Last year they also announced quite a lot of other mid-size names in June, whereas this time, they just closed the line up with local bands, and lesser known DJs.

I wouldn't be surprised it they've cut back because of having to move Cala Mijas to Madrid. They obviously got caught up in the politics, with new politicians saying they had been given too much money, and when Kalorama announced the sponsorship was ending, they said they still hadn't been paid "significant amounts" for the 2023 edition. Moving at relatively short notice would also likely add to costs.

They've said they're working on a replacement for The Smile, which is something at least, and you never know, it might be one of the names mentioned, but I'd be (very happily) surprised if there's anything else.

Edited by bluenova

3 hours ago, bluenova said:

I'd be amazed if there was a post-Primavera addition.

The last two years, they've added them within a week or two of Primavera (assume some kind of publicity deal that asks them not to announce another festival before the Porto one). There would be no real point in Primavera making bands wait 6+ weeks, and odd for Kalorama to announce the line up is closed when they've got a potential big ticket seller waiting to join the line up. Last year they also announced quite a lot of other mid-size names in June, whereas this time, they just closed the line up with local bands, and lesser known DJs.

I wouldn't be surprised it they've cut back because of having to move Cala Mijas to Madrid. They obviously got caught up in the politics, with new politicians saying they had been given too much money, and when Kalorama announced the sponsorship was ending, they said they still hadn't been paid "significant amounts" for the 2023 edition. Moving at relatively short notice would also likely add to costs.

They've said they're working on a replacement for The Smile, which is something at least, and you never know, it might be one of the names mentioned, but I'd be (very happily) surprised if there's anything else.

Yes, I think that at this moment there is no longer that clause in Porto's contract. I think it would really be a matter of looking for a replacement who would be from there.