MEO Kalorama Lisboa 2024

alan_ts

49 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Looks like James Blake has replaced The Smile at Lowlands.

After reading your comment I had to visit the Lowlands site - an abomination that is arguably even worse that last year's. Feeling nauseous now. Still has The Smile on the line up too.

Would be better than nothing, but I'd be disappointed with James Blake - I can kind of see why he'd be a replacement for The Smile, but I've always found his music very nothingy.

• Upvote 1

Been researching football fixtures in Lisbon whilst I'm over. I won't be attending the festival on the Saturday and will be leaving on the Sunday (1st September). I've noticed Sporting are at home to Porto and Estrela da Amadora are at home to Casa Pia, both games have been provisioned for the 1st September as I think the fixtures have only recently been released. I was wondering if there was a chance either of these would be moved to the Saturday (31st)?

47 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Been researching football fixtures in Lisbon whilst I'm over. I won't be attending the festival on the Saturday and will be leaving on the Sunday (1st September). I've noticed Sporting are at home to Porto and Estrela da Amadora are at home to Casa Pia, both games have been provisioned for the 1st September as I think the fixtures have only recently been released. I was wondering if there was a chance either of these would be moved to the Saturday (31st)?

Yes. Fixtures are released in July, but exact day and hour are announced only 2 weeks prior to the game.

As a Estrela da Amadora sympathizer that usually attend games in Estádio José Gomes, I hope you have a good time if you can't find a ticket to Sporting - Porto. It is a small stadium but our supporters are great and loud. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

The official schedule until the end of August was released yesterday, the sporting vs porto and estrela vs casa pia are on saturday, 31 august.

You just have to try to get some tickets 😄 
https://www.ligaportugal.pt/pt/liga/jornada/20242025/ligaportugalbetclic/4

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2024 at 1:03 PM, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

I have a season ticket at Sporting and i just cant miss one of the biggest games of the season. I guess i will go to kalorama unitl like 19:00 if the lineup is good and then return after the game at around 23. 

Hope i can still see raye

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Port is Dead said:

So I guess no replacement for The Smile?

Not looking good - there was a post somewhere from another of the festivals saying they couldn't find a replacement, as all the obvious ones didn't work. They listed half a dozen bands they'd tried, including the names that were replacing The Smile and QOTSA elsewhere.

Still they were the last two stops on The Smile tour, so it's possible still time, as others got replacements at shorter notice.

It's a bigger issue for the Madrid festival, as they had Dudu Tasa and Jonny Greenwood playing as well, and they have Jungle on another day.

May be over-simplifying it here but surely they're insured or have an artist payment policy which covers them for dropouts etc? 

There'll be money back in the pot to pay for a replacement, I know booking artists for a music festival isn't the easiest job in the word but you'd expect them to at least get some sort of a replacement. Rock En Seine managed to book the Pixies the same afternoon The Smile pulled out

It'll be a terrible look for the festival if they don't

19 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

May be over-simplifying it here but surely they're insured or have an artist payment policy which covers them for dropouts etc? 

There'll be money back in the pot to pay for a replacement, I know booking artists for a music festival isn't the easiest job in the word but you'd expect them to at least get some sort of a replacement. Rock En Seine managed to book the Pixies the same afternoon The Smile pulled out

It'll be a terrible look for the festival if they don't

I can't find that other post, but they had a long list of bands that they'd tried, but couldn't get. Rock en Seine were quick, but others took a while.

I also wonder if the lack of any significant artists in that final announcement was because they're short of money. Festivals are not an easy business, and the Cala Mijas cancellation statement said they were still owed money from the previous year's sponsorship. Given that one gripe with the new local council was that they thought the festival was being given far too much money, then it could be that losing that, plus a move to Madrid, has cost them a lot. If that was the case, then trying but failing to book a Smile replacement, might not be so bad in their eyes. It's still a ridiculously stacked day, after all.

Still hopeful, but they've been very quiet since they first mentioned they were looking.

No obvious space for a Smile replacement. Assume Folamour is all they're adding in their place.

I was hoping that when they mentioned a special Lisbon stage, it would put the Portuguese acts together, but that doesn't look to be the case, so a few more clashes than expected. Later nights than last year too.

May be an image of text that says "29 AGO 29AGOAUG AUG 小三〇 KALORAMA PALCO MEO PALCO SAN MIGUEL HORÁRIOS Schedule PALCO LISBOA 17:15 MULLECA XIII PALCO PANORAMA 17:00 LANDZ 8:15 ANA LUA CAIANO 17:40 18:00 FILIPE CATTO 17:00 YIZHAQ 19:00 GOSSIP 20:05 MASSIVE TCK 19:15 VAGABON 19:00 KETIOV 22:00 FEVER RAY 23:10 SAM SMITH 22:00 JALEN NGONDA 21:00 KIDDY SMILE 00:40 PEGGY GOU 00:45 LOYLE CARNER 23:30 CHERIII"

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

Edited by bluenova

What a mess. 

Massive Attack at 20 p.m., a lot of clashes and dead times for me.

The Saturday schedule is terrible. I don't have any interest in Raye, Burna Boy or Ana Moura, but have three clashes of stuff I want to watch.

And what a poor replacement for The Smile. 

Edited by Yokai
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Yokai said:

What a mess. 

The Saturday schedule is terrible. I don't have any interest in Raye, Burna Boy or Ana Moura, but have three clashes of stuff I want to watch.

My Saturday was primarily Yves Tumor and Soulwax. Gutted that they're overlapping so much.

6 hours ago, Yokai said:

What a mess. 

3 hours between end of Fabiana Palladino and the first clash... These 3 clashes are terrible.

Same friday. They should change Kills or Ezra Colective with Olivia Dean. And who´s gonna play first, DCFC or PS?

1 hour ago, joselito said:

3 hours between end of Fabiana Palladino and the first clash... These 3 clashes are terrible.

Same friday. They should change Kills or Ezra Colective with Olivia Dean. And who´s gonna play first, DCFC or PS?

I think it is DCFC first from other tour concerts. 

Probably will hear DCFC + the two first songs of Postal Service and move to Nation of Language. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Yokai said:

I think it is DCFC first from other tour concerts. 

Probably will hear DCFC + the two first songs of Postal Service and move to Nation of Language. 

Same here. Nation of Language clashing with The Postal Service and EZRA Collective clashing with LCD Soundsystem is extremely frustrating.

On 8/8/2024 at 10:45 AM, bluenova said:

can't find that other post, but they had a long list of bands that they'd tried, but couldn't get.

It's Cabaret Vert, in France. They weren't able to properly replace QOTSA for thursday and in the end decided to refund day-tickets even with PJ Harvey, Macklemore, Fontaines DC, Teddy Swims, Flogging Molly and Destroy Boys still on.

All the other festivals found a replacement.

52 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

It's Cabaret Vert, in France. They weren't able to properly replace QOTSA for thursday and in the end decided to refund day-tickets even with PJ Harvey, Macklemore, Fontaines DC, Teddy Swims, Flogging Molly and Destroy Boys still on.

All the other festivals found a replacement.

That would be why I couldn't find it 🙂

I notice they've reannounced Folamour as a new addition, probably to highlight an extra act on that day. But I guess they're too embarrassed to describe a dj set as an actual replacement for The Smile.

3 hours ago, bluenova said:

That would be why I couldn't find it 🙂

I notice they've reannounced Folamour as a new addition, probably to highlight an extra act on that day. But I guess they're too embarrassed to describe a dj set as an actual replacement for The Smile.

Same as Pukkelpop. They officially announced Royal Blood as a replacement for Queens Of The Stone Age but also put Mark Rebillet in The Smile's spot, not announcing him as a replacement.

The Smile are kinda irreplaceable...