Boardmasters 2025

Properbigfan

On 12/4/2023 at 12:04 AM, Properbigfan said:

Now we’ve got the first names for 2024 time to start speculating for next year too!

I think Fred again, arctic monkeys , and the prodigy !

There's no way they can afford AM, let alone him and Fred again

8 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Well not harm no, but it'll push another 2024 festivals thread off the front page and just seems unnecessary just yet, especially for guesses of Arctic Monkeys 😂

I’d say AM is perfectly reasonable given the growth of the festival and size of headliners in recent years.(gorillaz, ezra, LG, stormzy)

• 8 months later...
56 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

My new predictions after going this year.

the 1975/little simz/ blur 

Pretty sure Blur have called it indefinitely

Reckon Bicep Live will be one after cancelling this year

I think muse and the 1975 are both good shouts, then maybe someone like Fred again or Noah kahan or someone else as I can’t see them not having a dance/rap/pop slot (although the 1975 can arguably be placed in the latter these days)

8 hours ago, Will b said:

I think muse and the 1975 are both good shouts, then maybe someone like Fred again or Noah kahan or someone else as I can’t see them not having a dance/rap/pop slot (although the 1975 can arguably be placed in the latter these days)

I think these days The 1975 see themselves as a cut above most festivals. I would not be surprised if they avoided most festival bookings waiting for Glasto to come a calling or just keep taking the big cash from Reading and Leeds. I think they may do their own big shows or maybe BST. Saying that, they will make me eat my words they get booked everywhere next year 🙂

12 hours ago, Dales said:

I think these days The 1975 see themselves as a cut above most festivals. I would not be surprised if they avoided most festival bookings waiting for Glasto to come a calling or just keep taking the big cash from Reading and Leeds. I think they may do their own big shows or maybe BST. Saying that, they will make me eat my words they get booked everywhere next year 🙂

Boardmasters is only one step below R&L nowadays, i reckon they could do it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

Honeslty boardmasters is pulling Reading size headliners these days.

chase & status, foals, lorde , flo & machine , Liam Gallagher , Sam fender - these are all reading sized headliners.

no reason why 1975 wouldn’t do it in 2025 to be honest 

Not to mention stormzy, kings of Leon and disclosure - in fact I think every headliner theyve had in the last 3 years is r&l size, just George Ezra (and maybe lorde) wouldn’t fit the right vibe therefore wouldn’t do it

a good few are glasto size: stormzy, kings of Leon, gorillaz, Florence, (and technically liam with oasis) have all done it in the past and it’s probably the next stop for Sam fender too 

16 minutes ago, Dales said:

When, I see that list of headliners I agree The 1975 would be the right size.

swear they had to bail on it before too (covid?)

37 minutes ago, Will b said:

Not to mention stormzy, kings of Leon and disclosure - in fact I think every headliner theyve had in the last 3 years is r&l size, just George Ezra (and maybe lorde) wouldn’t fit the right vibe therefore wouldn’t do it

a good few are glasto size: stormzy, kings of Leon, gorillaz, Florence, (and technically liam with oasis) have all done it in the past and it’s probably the next stop for Sam fender too 

Usually 2/3 are. When i did it there was Jorja Smith who definitely isn't

There's usually a reading main headliner, a second headliner and then a reading sub

1 hour ago, gfa said:

There's usually a reading main headliner, a second headliner and then a reading sub

Yeah 2021 and prior I’d agree but since then nobodys rly been reading sub size, especially not this year 

Boardies seem to pull headliners & subs which aren’t shared with the other superstruct festivals too- I assume the booking of artists isn’t shared like it is across Victorious/Truck/Kendall etc.

i won’t be attending next year after I heard about the way people behaved this year. I think I’ve grown out of these style of crowds a bit and festivals like Truck are much more appealing o me now.

I definitely think Raye/Loyle Carner / Little Simz could return as subs. I assume they will go for one DJ & 2 live music acts like they’ve been doing the past few years.

On 8/30/2024 at 10:40 AM, FestivalJamie said:

Boardies seem to pull headliners & subs which aren’t shared with the other superstruct festivals too- I assume the booking of artists isn’t shared like it is across Victorious/Truck/Kendall etc.

i won’t be attending next year after I heard about the way people behaved this year. I think I’ve grown out of these style of crowds a bit and festivals like Truck are much more appealing o me now.

I definitely think Raye/Loyle Carner / Little Simz could return as subs. I assume they will go for one DJ & 2 live music acts like they’ve been doing the past few years.

I think Loyle could headline now to be fair, maybe Raye too