Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, pandahands said:

New green peace layout, looks like it's going to work alot better for crowd management.

Screenshot_20240625_183302_X.thumb.jpg.0973e685a21330c6dd0e915bb6ef75b1.jpg

Can we hold off for now please in 12 hours we will be discovering for ourselves… appreciate some posted earlier but so close now would be a shame to spoil any suprise that’s left 

• Like 1

Some really good changes since I was last here in 2022. Screens at The Park. Another screen at The Other and a screen at Woodsies. Really make a difference. I think they could still improve the sound bleed at SH. But the levels and lonely hearts club are fantastic. The current layout of Avalon is weird the field feels small now. Terminal 1 is a decent bar. I wonder if this will evolve over time. Could see bands in there in the future. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Screenshot_20240408_222503_X.thumb.jpg.035ab011c45a1d93021bbe85560db67f.jpg

Little square, top left.

What is Steanbow in festival time... Arcadia, Park, South Park... down to railway line? 

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

What is Steanbow in festival time... Arcadia, Park, South Park... down to railway line? 

I'm not sure, tbh. I think it's those areas. They have pics of the clay pigeon shooting on their Twitter account so that must be part of it.

This top pic is the photo from their Twitter header, so I think top left is the sheds by Gate A, where I've spent many a happy morning, sweating my tits off as I zig zags my way to ticket check.

The ones in the centre of their pic are within the festival, Dairy/Paines?

Screenshot_20240925_155518_X.jpg.6f2aba08e428d5410d635ea961f48eb5.jpg

20240626_093524.thumb.jpg.2ebda318390211257f7fd9c4242fbc53.jpg

Screenshot_20240926_163206_Gallery.jpg.a4a284de1554fb2a8a5b17dd82c372e0.jpg

Edited by Gnomicide
Added photo.

39 minutes ago, stuie said:

Of that Western "not under control" block, pretty much everything inside the fence and north of the railway line.

Edited by incident

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

it's just equipment, not land

The concern would be that if they're no longer operating as a Dairy Farm - then what effect would that have on the festival itself?

If for example the land was turned over to arable, then you can't realistically hold a festival on it anymore.

8 minutes ago, incident said:

The concern would be that if they're no longer operating as a Dairy Farm - then what effect would that have on the festival itself?

If for example the land was turned over to arable, then you can't realistically hold a festival on it anymore.

I would guess that Steanbow want less work and more lucrative activities...

glamping/airbnb/clay shooting/weddings and some nandos chicken sheds. 

That said, I'm pretty sure I remember crops being grown on Pennards Hill during a fallow period?  Anyone? 

Just now, stuie said:

I would guess that Steanbow want less work and more lucrative activities...

glamping/airbnb/clay shooting/weddings and some nandos chicken sheds. 

That said, I'm pretty sure I remember crops being grown on Pennards Hill during a fallow period?  Anyone? 

Yep, definitely had crops grown in various fields (Oxlyers, as well as Pennards) during fallow years, but that's a different thing to it being a full time affair.

I won't go into specifics here but for what it's worth, the long time farmer at Steanbow (who was a very close ally of Michael and the festival) passed away last year so there's more reason than just this to wonder about the future of the land.

21 minutes ago, incident said:

I won't go into specifics here but for what it's worth, the long time farmer at Steanbow (who was a very close ally of Michael and the festival) passed away last year so there's more reason than just this to wonder about the future of the land.

The heir or beneficiary of the late farmer's estate would have to be completely bonkers to get rid of the cash cow! 

Just now, stuie said:

The heir or beneficiary of the late farmer's estate would have to be completely bonkers to get rid of the cash cow!

Sure - if it actually is that. I've no idea what the rental terms would be or how that would compare to the alternatives.