Crazyfool01

2 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Are you sure? I didn’t think you could get round the back of the tipi village and across? If you can then I’ve been wasting my time for several years, so thanks!

Yep, every morning I come down from worthy view I walk across the hill just above the tipi village and in to the Park.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Are you sure? I didn’t think you could get round the back of the tipi village and across? If you can then I’ve been wasting my time for several years, so thanks!

from hazy memories i think that route is closed off on Wednesday due to the fireworks, but open the rest of the fest. Have been caught out on a Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, Garrypp said:

from hazy memories i think that route is closed off on Wednesday due to the fireworks, but open the rest of the fest. Have been caught out on a Wednesday.

This could be true, never went that way on Wednesday.

8 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Not soo sure about that...those steps look pretty permanent to me. It won't be moving around with those in place.

Maybe but the steps look like they have two pivot points in them which could accommodate movement, otherwise why not just make them straight?

On 5/22/2024 at 10:29 AM, stuie said:

I think it’s pretty obvious that this thread will contain spoilers now to be honest! 

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Oh come on people….

IMG_1551.jpeg

🤔

@Crazyfool01 just want to check that future site spoilers are allowed to be discussed and shown in this thread?

53 minutes ago, t0paz said:

You definitely can, it gets you to Strummerville and the Worthy View entrance really quickly. A quiet, peaceful few minutes stroll across the rolling field.

22 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

They're excavator arms - not connected to anything just "legs"

Thought the same.  I can't see it moving around, especially with a DJ in the head!  They've been chosen as they look like insect legs (which, entering pedants corner for a second, there should be 6 of).

48 minutes ago, pandahands said:

🤔

@Crazyfool01 just want to check that future site spoilers are allowed to be discussed and shown in this thread?

What the mods here allow is their business. Going directly against the wishes and the direct request of the festival is a bit sh*t, especially with such a close up shot of one of their major new pieces for the year. 

Edited by stuie
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Thought the same.  I can't see it moving around, especially with a DJ in the head!  They've been chosen as they look like insect legs (which, entering pedants corner for a second, there should be 6 of).

Maybe I was being too optimistic 

19 minutes ago, stuie said:

What the mods here allow is their business. Going directly against the wishes and the direct request of the festival is a bit sh*t, especially with such a close up shot of one of their major new pieces for the year. 

I’m a bit split … At some point these things will leak , there is no way with the numbers onsite the coming days that these things won’t be being shared … everyone is going to have different opinions … if the festival asked for its removal I’d absolutely do that and also they have been very strong on the do not share message this year . Tough one tbh 

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m a bit split … At some point these things will leak , there is no way with the numbers onsite the coming days that these things won’t be being shared … everyone is going to have different opinions … if the festival asked for its removal I’d absolutely do that and also they have been very strong on the do not share message this year . Tough one tbh 

picture of this will be on facebook soon

from a personal viewpoint these pictures will increase the likelhood of me visting that area -they don't spoil it because seeing the thing in real life (with fire/ lasers / lights etc..)  will be maasively better than any picture will show

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bob323 said:

picture of this will be on facebook soon

from a personal viewpoint these pictures will increase the likelhood of me visting that area -they don't spoil it because seeing the thing in real life (with fire/ lasers / lights etc..)  will be maasively better than any picture will show

Yeah I’ve just seen it on another thread that it’s on redit or one similar to it . Once the cork has popped . Although I do understand that some might not want to see anything . For me personally the lineup announcements I felt had little surprise elements to them which made it less interesting on the drop days , guess that’s what you get on a forum though 

46 minutes ago, stuie said:

The site changes thread has been on the forum for a number of years and so has the festivals stance on build imagery. You have directly contributed and linked us to site specific spoilers in the past, lets not start singling out others for similar actions now. As long as it's clear the thread will contain spoilers, it acts as a place for discussion where we can document build progress, get excited for new areas and visit places we might not have previously considered.

38 minutes ago, pandahands said:

The site changes thread has been on the forum for a number of years and so has the festivals stance on build imagery. You have directly contributed and linked us to site specific spoilers in the past, lets not start singling out others for similar actions now. As long as it's clear the thread will contain spoilers, it acts as a place for discussion where we can document build progress, get excited for new areas and visit places we might not have previously considered.

Site changes chat and build photos are different things.  I think you're mistaken - I've not shared images of the build before gates open, despite frequently being on site. 

I would say this is a forum thread. This is not social media. The festival specifically talk about social media, because they want people to have the ability to be surprised. The problem with Facebook, or even Reddit, is I can be browsing it and the algorithm will go, "Hey you like Glastonbury! Let me ruin the surprise for you!" and I can't avoid that short of going off social media entirely.

That's very different to a thread on a forum, where I'm only going to see it if I actually make the effort to come here, and click a specific thread which is clearly going to have things that might spoil the surprise.

2 hours ago, stuie said:

Site changes chat and build photos are different things.  I think you're mistaken - I've not shared images of the build before gates open, despite frequently being on site. 

The warning you posted specifically says "images, videos or details" - so that sounds like it includes "chat" from anyone on site.

27 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

The warning you posted specifically says "images, videos or details" - so that sounds like it includes "chat" from anyone on site.

We all like a bit of speculation and I expect the festival like that… why would they not want there to be a buzz around what they are doing.  

They give us the webcam, they give us some selected photos of the site build but I think the detail should be revealed as they want it to be and we should respect that. 

Of course, we already knew there was a helicopter turned dragonfly, I don’t think we needed a close up. 

Just my opinion.  And I’ll stand by it when I arrive there on Monday morning, as tempting as it will be to take loads of pics for the forum! 

• Upvote 2