Line up for 2024....

gooner1990

6 hours ago, ShuMart said:

When does the little big top line up come out normally?

Lineup is on the main listing, day splits is first week of August sorta time usually 

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Slight change of topic,  can anyone please confirm 2025 dates 

Thank you

Historically it's the weekend before the bank holiday I think, which would make it 14-17th 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, spg said:

I'll probably be at Utah saints, or not? @Skip997are you going this year?

Not going. I’ve fallen out with the guy I used to get tickets from. We used to do the program design and layout (he still does).

TBH since I stopped drinking I’ve stopped enjoying BD, so it’s not too much of an issue.

Got Shambala to look forward to. IMO a far better event 

19 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Not going. I’ve fallen out with the guy I used to get tickets from. We used to do the program design and layout (he still does).

TBH since I stopped drinking I’ve stopped enjoying BD, so it’s not too much of an issue.

Got Shambala to look forward to. IMO a far better event 

Yeah I get that, tastes and opinions are there to be changed, especially when circumstances do. I'll get to shambala one year, for sure

Last stewarded Shambala in 2018 - I think it was when Sister Sledge were playing? Much younger fest - lots of Home Counties and N and W London kids that could afford but were inexperienced in Class A use....

Edited by Pinhead

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I can taste the first cider already.  f**k me but work's been mental, looking forward to letting off some steam! A nice pint of Fanny's Bramble and I'll be laughing

Got a bit too carried away over the weekend with birthday celebrations and wasn't really in the right headspace for it yesterday...In fact I was almost dreading it 😄 , but I've woken up this morning in a much better mood (comedown and hangover gone haha)....and starting to look forward to it.

Only slight niggles are due to a lack of annual leave is I have to work until 12 noon on Thurs, then drive 3 hours from Oxford to the site, plus after the festival I only have the Tuesday off. But is what it is.

I've only been once before in 2021 and going with two mates who haven't been before so will all be new ish to us.  They are festival veterans though (mid-50s age wise) but have decided Glastonbury is too much for them now and want to give something a bit more low key a go.

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Got a bit too carried away over the weekend with birthday celebrations and wasn't really in the right headspace for it yesterday...In fact I was almost dreading it 😄 , but I've woken up this morning in a much better mood (comedown and hangover gone haha)....and starting to look forward to it.

Only slight niggles are due to a lack of annual leave is I have to work until 12 noon on Thurs, then drive 3 hours from Oxford to the site, plus after the festival I only have the Tuesday off. But is what it is.

I've only been once before in 2021 and going with two mates who haven't been before so will all be new ish to us.  They are festival veterans though (mid-50s age wise) but have decided Glastonbury is too much for them now and want to give something a bit more low key a go.

Feel that for you.  In reality I know I'll need to manage my intake as if I get too pissed when I've been stressed then my comedown is rough, get proper down on things. Happened a few weeks ago, so we'll see whether I've learned my lesson...

21 was a good one, didn't go last year but this'll be number 4 for us

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Feel that for you.  In reality I know I'll need to manage my intake as if I get too pissed when I've been stressed then my comedown is rough, get proper down on things. Happened a few weeks ago, so we'll see whether I've learned my lesson...

21 was a good one, didn't go last year but this'll be number 4 for us

My issue on Saturday was I got pissed and then that triggered off doing other 'things' which then led to a very unproductive Sunday and a rough Monday......the thought of a four day bender at a festival filled me with dred! 😄

I enjoyed 2021...was always keen to go back but as I do Glastonbury and Truck each year plus other things in life finding the a/l for it is tough (as i've found out again!)

Hopefully the good weather forecast holds out.........aiming to get there 3-4pm on Thursday after I've met my mates on the A303.