2024 New Music

Quark

The new English Teacher album is brilliant. Loving all the new post-punk bands coming out of the UK recently, these feel like they've brought it up a notch and added a bit of drama and creativity to it all. Hate that they're clashing this year with Little Simz and Yard Act! It's such an interesting album with such a mix of styles.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

The new English Teacher album is brilliant. Loving all the new post-punk bands coming out of the UK recently, these feel like they've brought it up a notch and added a bit of drama and creativity to it all. Hate that they're clashing this year with Little Simz and Yard Act! It's such an interesting album with such a mix of styles.

I'm really hoping that they play somewhere else as well like the Crows Nest.  That Little Simz clash is harsh.

47 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'm really hoping that they play somewhere else as well like the Crows Nest.  That Little Simz clash is harsh.

Yeah fingers crossed. The Yard Act clash makes no sense too.

• Upvote 1

On 6/17/2024 at 1:15 PM, glimmers_of_hope said:

I’m definitely planning to be at English Teacher but have similar clashes with the other Left Field acts I wanted to see (Sprints and Lottery Winners). Hoping they all pop up somewhere else too

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2024 at 10:08 AM, tomlc said:

Big fan of Fontaines but the first two from this album really haven’t done it for me.

Thought they both sounded great in the Park, Starburster in particular…BBC mix doesn’t really do it justice as guitar is too low, but in the field it was class. 

4 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Thought they both sounded great in the Park, Starburster in particular…BBC mix doesn’t really do it justice as guitar is too low, but in the field it was class. 

Think Starburster might be my number 1 all time Fontains song. 

Want to recommend an album on here from a band called "Still House Plants". Came out a few months ago, and it's got a very interesting sound. A normal band setup, but they're using the instruments in such an unusual experimental way it reels you in a bit. It's a good listen, the way they use rhythm and melody is cool. They're from London so I can imagine they might show up on a small stage at the farm at some point.

Edited by Acid_Haze

Enjoying the new Shabaka album, taken a bit of a different direction since his stuff with the Comet is Coming + his earlier albums, going a bit more spiritual jazz a la Andre 3000. I like the sound though, find it really beautiful and chilled, takes a step back a bit and isn't as intense as the older stuff. The ones with Moses Sumney and Floating Points are particularly good tracks.

7 brilliant albums i've been listening to recently I would recommend

Maggie Rogers - Don't Forget Me

Pearl Jam - Dark Matter

St. Vincent - All Born Screaming

Pet Shop Boys - Nonetheless

Jessica Pratt - Here in the Pitch

Mdou Moctar - Funeral for Justice

Kamasi Washington - Fearless Movement

The Jessica Pratt and Mdou Moctar ones i'm particularly enjoying. So much great music out at the moment.

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2024 at 12:28 AM, Olshansky said:

the new soft play single "everything and nothing" totally got me all teary today. 

cannot wait to see them play again 

Yep loving the album on first listen. Punk's Dead is great like one of Dave Gormans found poems in song form.

• Like 1