2024 New Music

Quark

On 10/5/2024 at 12:40 PM, Mardy said:

I'm home. Bread and marge for the rest of the month

A9CA14C2-56D3-455A-92D9-16AA23886665_1_102_a.thumb.jpeg.c94d674b16d3552124b69fa88fc78295.jpeg

Had to take a double look here... I'm guessing that's not the Andy Farley who is one of the greatest pioneering hard house/dance dj's of all time? 🤣

35 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Had to take a double look here... I'm guessing that's not the Andy Farley who is one of the greatest pioneering hard house/dance dj's of all time? 🤣

Hehehe, no, it's Andy Farley who worked with On-U Sound, making dub adjacent stuff. Worked with Gary Clail, Keith LeBlanc, Dub Syndicate back in the 90s etc.

I'll be honest, only knew the name vaguely, but when I went in the record shop on Sat morning, Adrian Sherwood was there dropping some stuff off, so off his recommendation/salesmanship I picked up the Andy Farley and Jeb Loy Nichols, both of which were a bit of a punt.

http://www.skysaw.org/onu/artists/andyfairley.html

(was going to post up a video but seems they're far and few between)

Edited by Mardy

Caught this on the end of the Deb Grant / Tom Ravenscroft show on 6Music last night.  One of those rare occasions when you get home but have to sit in the car until a song finishes.  Absolutely gorgeous. Album out on Friday.  This is the spiel from Bandcamp: Forgetting You Is Like Breathing Water, the self-titled debut from the duo of trumpeter Will Evans and guitarist, synthesist, producer and multi-instrumentalist Theo Trump

On 9/14/2024 at 1:57 PM, panda97 said:

Seconding this, I set myself a goal of listening to 500 newly released albums in 2024 and Friday mornings checking here has become one of my favourite parts of the week

Just checking in to see how this is going?

I did 400 last year and found it a slog, but taken some great habits from that experience into this year and trimmed.

44 minutes ago, Gejonimo said:

Just checking in to see how this is going?

I did 400 last year and found it a slog, but taken some great habits from that experience into this year and trimmed.

437 now, I didn't start until late March so I am way ahead of target

Once I hit 500 I will slow down and just focus on releases I really want to hear, but I want to take my top 20 or so highest rated and give them all another listen and try and give them a re rate 

1 minute ago, panda97 said:

437 now, I didn't start until late March so I am way ahead of target

Once I hit 500 I will slow down and just focus on releases I really want to hear, but I want to take my top 20 or so highest rated and give them all another listen and try and give them a re rate 

Beauuuuuuuuutiful. Top 3 so far?

I'm up to around 103 this year with no targets and have found it much more enjoyable than just consuming as much as possible, but last year's gluttony really helped me to hone and expand my taste and make this year so much better and easier.