Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2024 New Music

Quark

The new album by the Smile is a good one, even though it seems like offcuts from the Wall of Eyes sessions, the tracks are still amazing as per. They just can't go wrong with the sound they've found. It's got a brilliant atmosphere, the songs are a bit looser than the previous albums. Love the drumming and guitar-work. Don't know how they manage to turn weird riffs and time signatures into cohesive songs.

On 10/16/2024 at 4:52 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Both excellent recommendations, really enjoyed them. I've started a mini-version of your challenge - want to reach 200 by June.

I've done an instinctive rating system of what I've listened to so far and can't separate those two you recommended (both solid 7.5!).

It's really addictive once you get going, that dopamine hit of finding a new album that really resonates with you is just such a great pay off 

On 10/17/2024 at 11:22 AM, Acid_Haze said:

The new album by the Smile is a good one, even though it seems like offcuts from the Wall of Eyes sessions, the tracks are still amazing as per. They just can't go wrong with the sound they've found. It's got a brilliant atmosphere, the songs are a bit looser than the previous albums. Love the drumming and guitar-work. Don't know how they manage to turn weird riffs and time signatures into cohesive songs.

This is class.  Completely unique sound, but catchy as Hell.  Love it.

The new Charli XCX remix album is good, It's got the vibe of an afterparty where people are starting to get tired and reflective. I like it, mainly cause I like the whole Brat sound and anything that continues that is great. That being said though, I don't really think of any of the versions in the album beat the original Brat versions other than Girl, So Confusing. Makes me think she should've just released the original album with the Lorde version and that be it.  So I with A.G. Cook and Everything is Romantic with Caroline Polachek are great though and come close to being better than the originals. The Julian Casablancas and 1975/Jon Hopkins ones are low points.