Secret Garden Party 2024

gfa

19 hours ago, henrysmith said:

Hey, i would like to volunteer at the secret garden party but on the form is says £200 deposit. Is this just so you do the shifts and get it back afterwards or do you actually have to pay to volunteer? 

The former - its pretty standard for volunteering at festivals 🙂 

56 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

So far the weather is looking good 🤞

I have made an assumption Unkle is playing Thursday, does that seem reasonable. Also when would they play. Not getting there until Thursday about 8pm

Yeah seems like Ren is confirmed Saturday and Chinchilla all but confirmed as Sunday, which would mean the poster runs left to right and Unkle is Thursday.

No idea time wise, but just going by standard gig / festival timings I'd say it's reasonably safe to assume it'll be 9 at the absolute earliest.

• Thanks 1

Well that was a lovely weekend.

Started with the rain stopping the minute we stepped out the car. 

We had a brilliant time. We had not been before so not been there with more people, but it was lovely to stroll sit down take it in and have an amazing weekend  came across some great acts. Loved Ren and Unkle . Will be keeping an eye on Angelica Garcia and Casey Lowry.  

Will have to see what they do going forward. Oh and the site was great and kept spotless 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Well that was a lovely weekend.

Started with the rain stopping the minute we stepped out the car. 

We had a brilliant time. We had not been before so not been there with more people, but it was lovely to stroll sit down take it in and have an amazing weekend  came across some great acts. Loved Ren and Unkle . Will be keeping an eye on Angelica Garcia and Casey Lowry.  

Will have to see what they do going forward. Oh and the site was great and kept spotless 

We were in the exact same boat and I couldn't agree with this more. I imagine the low numbers can't have been good for the festival itself, but it was amazing for the attendees. I'd say it was very much a case of quality over quantity when it came to the crowds - everything we watched had plenty of space to dance about, but everyone watching was so clearly giving it their all. I'd much rather be surrounded by a few people absolutely loving it than loads stood still with their arms folded.

Setup was great too, with camping in the middle surrounded by a circle of cool venues to explore. It never felt like you had to walk too far even if you were going across the entire site.

And the acts themselves were consistently brilliant, nothing we saw disappointed. Impossible to pick a favourite, but very much enjoyed High Fade, Getdown Services, Girls Next Door, Dr Meaker, Madalisto Band, Chinchilla, and K.O.G. Plus loads of other stuff but that's what's coming to mind right now!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

We were in the exact same boat and I couldn't agree with this more. I imagine the low numbers can't have been good for the festival itself, but it was amazing for the attendees. I'd say it was very much a case of quality over quantity when it came to the crowds - everything we watched had plenty of space to dance about, but everyone watching was so clearly giving it their all. I'd much rather be surrounded by a few people absolutely loving it than loads stood still with their arms folded.

Setup was great too, with camping in the middle surrounded by a circle of cool venues to explore. It never felt like you had to walk too far even if you were going across the entire site.

And the acts themselves were consistently brilliant, nothing we saw disappointed. Impossible to pick a favourite, but very much enjoyed High Fade, Getdown Services, Girls Next Door, Dr Meaker, Madalisto Band, Chinchilla, and K.O.G. Plus loads of other stuff but that's what's coming to mind right now!

Sadly had to leave Sunday evening as had to be in work for 8 on Monday. Was hard to leave. Would have been great to see Chinchilla and K.O.G

They certainly made sure there was less people but no idea what their limit was,  said they sold out. Seems they wanted it small again. A lot of love went into it. Drone and firework display put Glastonbury to shame. 

Did they burn the stage on Sunday.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Sadly had to leave Sunday evening as had to be in work for 8 on Monday. Was hard to leave. Would have been great to see Chinchilla and K.O.G

They certainly made sure there was less people but no idea what their limit was,  said they sold out. Seems they wanted it small again. A lot of love went into it. Drone and firework display put Glastonbury to shame. 

Did they burn the stage on Sunday.

Sorry to rub it in but I have to admit they were both pretty incredible! The energy people still had left for K.O.G. was really quite something, they fully brought the party. And Chinchilla has a real 'future Lady Gaga' vibe about her.

Numbers wise, I know it was intentionally smaller but I don't think they came close to properly selling out. They said they sold out of camping tickets specifically, but they were pushing tickets without camping on social media right up until the Sunday pretty much. Plus there were loads of 20% off offers in the run up, as well as Ren's two special offers of Saturday only tickets and half price weekend tickets. None of it spoke to a festival that was selling well sadly. 😟

You're right the drone show and fireworks were incredible, I just didn't think a few lights bobbing around would be that impressive but I couldn't have been more wrong. As far as I know the stage wasn't actually burnt down, I think the fireworks exploding out of it as part of the Saturday spectacle was more of a symbolic burning.

Shout out to the massive field of sunflowers they'd planted where the main stage used to be that you could freely wander through. Just a really lovely space to chill out in.

18 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Sorry to rub it in but I have to admit they were both pretty incredible! The energy people still had left for K.O.G. was really quite something, they fully brought the party. And Chinchilla has a real 'future Lady Gaga' vibe about her.

Numbers wise, I know it was intentionally smaller but I don't think they came close to properly selling out. They said they sold out of camping tickets specifically, but they were pushing tickets without camping on social media right up until the Sunday pretty much. Plus there were loads of 20% off offers in the run up, as well as Ren's two special offers of Saturday only tickets and half price weekend tickets. None of it spoke to a festival that was selling well sadly. 😟

You're right the drone show and fireworks were incredible, I just didn't think a few lights bobbing around would be that impressive but I couldn't have been more wrong. As far as I know the stage wasn't actually burnt down, I think the fireworks exploding out of it as part of the Saturday spectacle was more of a symbolic burning.

Shout out to the massive field of sunflowers they'd planted where the main stage used to be that you could freely wander through. Just a really lovely space to chill out in.

Capacity was supposed to be 7500 this year (reduced from around 12000 in 2023).  After poor sales it was reduced further around 3k which they didn't quite sell out (all info from local so might not be exact)