Recommendations for bands lower down on the bill...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2024 at 2:24 PM, SweepingTheNation said:

The Itch's debut single. Turns out they used to be two-thirds of Regressive Left.

Ben (of Lazarus Kane) said to me that he'd be there with them / has played for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A second vote for The Itch from me, plus I'm surprised no one has mentioned MRCY. For fans of Gabriels / Sault / Jungle

Just a handful of tracks out there atm but all really good

Edited by rseamer

• 3 months later...

Not sure if they've been mentioned but Norwich based,  Americana band, Brown Horse were really wonderful at Green Man. I'll be grabbing a beer and watching them again on the Woods Stage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, SighMo said:

Not sure if they've been mentioned but Norwich based,  Americana band, Brown Horse were really wonderful at Green Man. I'll be grabbing a beer and watching them again on the Woods Stage.

Same here - I do slightly worry that the relative intimacy of the Walled Garden suited them (I last saw them at Whelan's upstairs in Dublin which is tiny) and that they may be a tad lost on the Woods, but will be there for sure.

Edited by riverlodge
add video
  • Like 1

As Riverlodge and SighMo have said, Brown Horse were great at Green Man, really lovely dynamic, 4 of them writing songs, delighted to be there, great sound. Hot Wax, MRCY and the Tubs all fantastic as well and Big Special blew the roof off the Rising Stage. Don't miss them. Enjoy folks.

Edit: Forgot to mention Malice K. Mental performance, all over the gaff but highly entertaining. 

Edited by Stillill42

5 hours ago, Stillill42 said:

As Riverlodge and SighMo have said, Brown Horse were great at Green Man, really lovely dynamic, 4 of them writing songs, delighted to be there, great sound. Hot Wax, MRCY and the Tubs all fantastic as well and Big Special blew the roof off the Rising Stage. Don't miss them. Enjoy folks.

Edit: Forgot to mention Malice K. Mental performance, all over the gaff but highly entertaining. 

Big Special were too good! Killed it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, riverlodge said:

Same here - I do slightly worry that the relative intimacy of the Walled Garden suited them (I last saw them at Whelan's upstairs in Dublin which is tiny) and that they may be a tad lost on the Woods, but will be there for sure.

I remember thinking the same about Divorce last year and they were great. I think Brown Horse will do just fine.