UK Politics

kalifire

9 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Not sure anyone is encouraging it

I see lots of stuff on reducing meat consumption out there. I'm not saying its impossible to get enough protein from nuts and the like but its far more difficult and I would guess the majority don't have the self discipline. I don't think people realise that falls at relatively young ages i.e pre-retirement age can be as debilitating as any stroke and taking a decent amount of body muscle into your 50's probably has a bigger factor on your quality of life in your 60's and 70's than the size of your actual pension pot.

Edited by lost

3 minutes ago, lost said:

I see lots of stuff on reducing meat consumption out there. I'm not saying its impossible to get enough protein from nuts and the like but its far more difficult and I would guess the majority don't have the self discipline. I don't think people realise that falls at relatively young ages i.e pre-retirement age can be as debilitating as any stroke and taking a decent amount of body muscle into your 50's probably has a bigger factor on your quality of life in your 60's and 70's than the size of your actual pension pot.

we need protein, but maybe not the amounts that we currently consume in wealthier developed countries. 

Bring back rationing.

1 minute ago, lost said:

I see lots of stuff on reducing meat consumption out there. I'm not saying its impossible to get enough protein from nuts and the like but its far more difficult and I would the majoirty don't have the self discipline. I don't think people realise that falls at relatively young ages i.e pre-retirement age can be as debilitating as any stroke and taking a decent amount of body muscle into your 50's probably has a bigger factor on your quality of life in your 60's and 70's than the size of your actual pension pot.

Oh I hear you on the increase on requirement for more protein to maintain muscle. My Dad at 96, 97 soon, told to take more. Full fat milk back on the menu for him. Resistance training as well, feels like young folk might carry that on with the amount I see going to the gym. We can certainly get it from other sources, just not as tasty 😉 

May see an Uptake in protein shakes in the older people, maybe. 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

hes dreadful ... dont know if anyone would complain about that ....mind you with this lot im sure it could get worse 

I think he's ok....but this was a tricky situation, and maybe he's screwed up...some suggestions Labour threatened to kick him out after election if he didn't do this which is dodgy as f**k if true...but also that many Labour MPs felt threatened by protesters etc and asked him to take this into account.

In the end the whole thing is absurd, westminster playing party politics with the devastation happening in Gaza. Shameful really.

Just now, steviewevie said:

I think he's ok....but this was a tricky situation, and maybe he's screwed up...some suggestions Labour threatened to kick him out after election if he didn't do this which is dodgy as f**k if true...but also that many Labour MPs felt threatened by protesters etc and asked him to take this into account.

In the end the whole thing is absurd, westminster playing party politics with the devastation happening in Gaza. Shameful really.

I wasn't meaning over this conflict  tbh just meant hes damn useless at PMQs and doesn't appear to have a backbone 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

He has the gall to post that when Julian Assange has been held in prison in the UK for years on trumped up charges. Assange will likely die in prison in the freedom loving west for simply telling the truth. There is no difference in the brutality of either regime to it's dissidents.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Some of the rich would likely want to simply get rid of poor people once and for all - and I don't mean by making then rich

scottish politics in a nutshell.

2 hours ago, lost said:

the problem is methane generation - which veggies are very good at - beans don't make anyone fart.

7 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

He has the gall to post that when Julian Assange has been held in prison in the UK for years on trumped up charges. Assange will likely die in prison in the freedom loving west for simply telling the truth. There is no difference in the brutality of either regime to it's dissidents.

trumped up charges is the sort of fake news that trump loves! the evidence of his guilt is in the public domain. he's also a horrid little man not worthy of defending (so say many of his former supporters)

1 hour ago, Ommadawn said:

Can a multi millionaire be classified as working class?

the online snobs – largely from the left – mock his accent and call him “Keith”.

49 minutes ago, Neil said:

trumped up charges is the sort of fake news that trump loves! the evidence of his guilt is in the public domain. he's also a horrid little man not worthy of defending (so say many of his former supporters)

He should have gone to sweden to be tried for sex offences but he shouldn't be sent to the usa for publishing the truth. 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

It looks like the SNP will support the Labour amendment which is good but in the end it won’t mean anything.