UK Politics

kalifire

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

well this is what will be argued. Will they reverse the spending cuts that government have effectively pencilled in with tax cuts in this and previous budgets, and if going to where is that money coming from if they're not going to put up taxes....economy is flat, debt is high, interest in repaying that debt is high, aging population, global instability.

I feel quite confident in saying that eventually (ie not straightaway) Labour will reverse cuts and spend more money on public services. It probably will mean tax rises when they get into power and they’ll eventually put their own fiscal rules in place. But they’ll want to do this in a way that doesn’t give the Tories/media any chance to claim they’re being irresponsible. 

41 minutes ago, Neil said:

know nuthuin's posting here claiming it as a certain win.

who has said that?

42 minutes ago, Neil said:

used to see loads of green posters in windows, barely see them now.

there's no election on lol. Also are we to believe your anecdotal 'evidence' is worth more than actual polling?

56 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

you see this is what worries me...I fear that Labour support is soft because they have lost a lot of left/young/green voters already....so might just be at the IDS stage when the Tories get back in.

labour support is soft because there's a lot of leftist poseurs  who'd kick off loudly if labour taxed away their inheritance.

Just now, Neil said:

labour support is soft because there's a lot of leftist poseurs  who'd kick off loudly if labour taxed away their inheritance.

thats the sort who like to go on about oldeer  generations having "free uni" but would know it was really "no uni" if they did some research and knew what they were talking about."

58 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

who has said that?

there's no election on lol. Also are we to believe your anecdotal 'evidence' is worth more than actual polling?

its one of you sh*t talkers whose said it.

there wasn't an election on the times they've been prolific. and then there was a sense of movement.

at least my anecdotal is from on the ground here, while the other anecdotal hasn't been. the polling is newer than some of the claims made here.

Edited by Neil

2 hours ago, Neil said:

no uni was of course free, but my taxes from working  helped those thru uni.

thank you so much!

My uni was free 🙂 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

its one of you sh*t talkers whose said it.

don't be too specific now

1 hour ago, Neil said:

at least my anecdotal is from on the ground here, while the other anecdotal hasn't been. the polling is newer than some of the claims made here.

spin it how you like, theres a decent chance they win the seat. I hope they do, partially just to annoy you

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

thank you so much!

My uni was free 🙂 

don't be too specific now

spin it how you like, theres a decent chance they win the seat. I hope they do, partially just to annoy you

it was ditch a good labour mp (Thangam Debbonaire) if they did win. which would be a shame.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

good news! GB News is giving up broadcasting to go online only, and dan wooton has lost his job there. 🙂 

Nah that’s talk tv … hopefully gb news to follow . Dan Wooten gone is correct 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve got up early on a day off as I was overwhelmed by excitement 

A day when party politics and mis information will be stronger than at any point in my adult life and likely a day where insults will fly as some aim to stir up trouble.

In simple terms today will be all that is bad with the UK in one short sweet afternoon.

and yet many will still wonder why people like me are calling more and more for real change and not just more of the same old same old with one rule for some and another rule for us low lives.

16 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A day when party politics and mis information will be stronger than at any point in my adult life and likely a day where insults will fly as some aim to stir up trouble.

In simple terms today will be all that is bad with the UK in one short sweet afternoon.

and yet many will still wonder why people like me are calling more and more for real change and not just more of the same old same old with one rule for some and another rule for us low lives.

I’m excited about how my massive 8% pay rise will be wiped out by my council going bust and how I’ll get little of anything promised because I’m on low pay … exciting day ahead . 

If the Tories cut NI, Labour should potentially look at adding NI into income tax. They could potentially cut it again and still get more revenue as say landlords and pensioners would start paying it. It would also help simplify the tax system and encourage more people back into work.

27 minutes ago, lost said:

If the Tories cut NI, Labour should potentially look at adding NI into income tax. They could potentially cut it again and still get more revenue as say landlords and pensioners would start paying it. It would also help simplify the tax system and encourage more people back into work.

Absolutely this - it was the only Ukip policy I ever agreed with and would save Billions in admin for government and business.

The reason main parties have never done it that the media will put a headline up to say 'Income Tax Up to 28%' and not bother with the fact that another tax is now zero. I heard an MP say just that a few years ago.

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Rumours there's going to be an income tax cut too. Exciting.

If you look at all the rumours, I saw a post somewhere earlier listing them, then everything and anything will happen.

If they cut NI and Income Tax then that money has to come from somewhere - but where and if from cuts to services they could not care less about those.