UK Politics

kalifire

If you are caught and proven to have been fly-tipping then you could face a fine up to £50,000 and a prison sentence of 12 months for a summary conviction. Conversely, maximum fines are unlimited with prison terms up to five years if you get convicted in a Crown Court. Repeat offenders can also have vehicles confiscated and crushed.

Rishi Sunak thinks that by threatening you with 3 points on your driving license if you get caught it will stop fly-tipping.

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I hate the concept of parachuting. But, whilst I dont always agree with Torsten Bell (particularly recent focus on ’productivity’, where productivity is just wages/hours, and since unions are neutered and automation has increased big time, the so called productivity gap is more a reflection of the system giving more of the spoils to the owners of capital than it is to do with the workers being more unskilled) he is generally more sympathetic to newer ideas. Hopefully he gets a treasury job.

Edited by mattiloy

5 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

And you might say , 'well not all state schools are good and some are dumps' but people who could go to private school don't tend to live in areas with poor state schools from my experience. It may be different in England where you have grammar schools etc I dunno

the number of remaining grammar schools is so tiny (they're statistically insignificant). catchment areas for schools don't work like they used to, but i think its still the case that the more prosperous families move into the catchment area for the best schools.

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

But that poll is silly. That isn't happening.

Probably.

true cant see mogg losing his! - list doesn't include hunt!

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

Apparently Labour chucking resources at normally safe seats with high muslim populations, must be getting bad feedback from polling etc.

ive just had the first bit of Labour literature ive ever had here .... they are miles off in third maybe 4th  absolute waste of money . hope those wasted votes dont let the tories in 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

if crime was really a big issue with reform voters you might think they'd try to inform themselves about some of the issues.