UK Politics

kalifire

It was an interesting video to watch. This Andrew Tate stuff really worries me. It’s easy for people on the left to dismiss it, but where are the solutions? What have either Corbyn labour or Starmer labour offered to the people who are attracted to his message? I feel ignoring the problem and kicking the can down the road just results in problems for the future.

13 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It was an interesting video to watch. This Andrew Tate stuff really worries me. It’s easy for people on the left to dismiss it, but where are the solutions? What have either Corbyn labour or Starmer labour offered to the people who are attracted to his message? I feel ignoring the problem and kicking the can down the road just results in problems for the future.

solutions to what? misogyny? rape?

12 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

solutions to what? misogyny? rape?

Solutions to people being attracted to his message. You can get rid of Andrew Tate, but someone will come and fill the void. What is the alternative message the left can give, because the far right will do everything they can to take advantage of this group?

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Solutions to people being attracted to his message. You can get rid of Andrew Tate, but someone will come and fill the void. What is the alternative message the left can give, because the far right will do everything they can to take advantage of this group?

yeah, well this is like anything...like people who are attracted to racist groups or dodgy conspiracy theories. So, I guess you offer them the chance to a decent education and decent jobs...but they might have to share that decent education and those decent jobs in a level playing field with something called women.

And actually it is still no where near a level playing field anyway.

At same time stamp down on it, lock up c**ts like Tate, and make it clear that like racism, misogyny is not tolerated.

17 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think she is going to win. Labour were dumb kicking her out...maybe they can find a way back for her...

When you see that Corbyn is in a tough fight with incumbency, name value and a loyal following, you can see how though it is running as an independent. I think all she could do is split the vote and hand the seat to IDS.

1 minute ago, pink_triangle said:

When you see that Corbyn is in a tough fight with incumbency, name value and a loyal following, you can see how though it is running as an independent. I think all she could do is split the vote and hand the seat to IDS.

yeah, we'll see. With Corbyn apparently the problem is many people still think he's in labour.

It might come down to silly things like how they're ordered on the ballot paper.

2 hours ago, Neil said:

greens matey on tv just now, tried suggesting that every green election candidate is as good as Caroline Lucas. - bet they're not! i know they're not

you'd almost think you don't like the Greens, Neil.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

greens matey on tv just now, tried suggesting that every green election candidate is as good as Caroline Lucas. - bet they're not! i know they're not

I mean Lucas is the most politically successful figure in the green party recent (if not ever) history. So trying to say every candidate is at that level seems a bit silly.