UK Politics

kalifire

I've just spotted that my old next door neighbour has an article in the guardian.if it reads like she doesn't get British politics that'll be because she's Portuguese.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jul/02/labour-plans-britain-private-finance-blackrock?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

I've just spotted that my old next door neighbour has an article in the guardian.if it reads like she doesn't get British politics that'll be because she's Portuguese.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/jul/02/labour-plans-britain-private-finance-blackrock?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

you lived next door to a Green voter?!

eww.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

The Torys are just throwing sh*t to see what sticks, with no thought of forming the next government. Starmer has flaws but I don’t think many people think he is lazy. In fact many of the voters the Tory’s are trying to get back voted Boris and he definitely was lazy!

If he said he'd like Sunday mornings off to spend with the family the reaction might have been a bit different.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Rather goes to show that we can all vote with our hearts and Labour will still have a huge majority.

Get out and vote for the party you really want to win - no tactical voting needed this time.

A lot of those seats in the MRP polls have estimated majorities less than 1000.  If 130,000 voters in the right place switch  there is a hung parliament.

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Lib Dems could have some influence in next parliament...they could team up with lefty labour MPs against govt policies they don't like.

Lefty Labour MPs? Where are you finding them?

6 hours ago, Neil said:

Thanks for the link, Neil. 

Interesting article.