Green or Labour in Bristol Central? Green

Farage in Clacton? Yes

Corbyn in N Islington? No

Galloway in Rochdale? No

Shaheen in Chingford? No

Who has most seats, Green or Reform? Green

18 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

probably will come down to the weather.

Weather looks good tomorrow for most of the UK.

Good job the election is not Friday as Southern parts are in for  a nasty day and there just are not enough Hunter wellies to go around.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If Sunak wins his seat (50/50 by the look of the polls) how long after will he quit as Tory leader and then quit as an MP thus meaning a by-election is called.

I reckon he will be gone fast.

Probably...although he has said he will stay on. He's obviously a major twat...but at same time I kind of admire how he kept at it.

I'm actually still not sure which way to vote tbf. Polls are suggesting Labour will win my seat, which is a novelty given it's been Tory since 1970 (though a redrawing of the map to put 3 areas of Milton Keynes I know usually elect Labour councillors into my seat helps), but I found more of interest in the Lib Dem manifesto despite most forecasts having them as not doing as well here as in other nearby seats.

Might have to do some research. See what is the way.

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'm actually still not sure which way to vote tbf. Polls are suggesting Labour will win my seat, which is a novelty given it's been Tory since 1970 (though a redrawing of the map to put 3 areas of Milton Keynes I know usually elect Labour councillors into my seat helps), but I found more of interest in the Lib Dem manifesto despite most forecasts having them as not doing as well here as in other nearby seats.

Might have to do some research. See what is the way.

What does Billy Bragg say?

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

What does Billy Bragg say?

The Reds. Which is an interesting one - in this constituency in 2019, the Lib Dems were runners up, and were indeed who I voted for in that election on a similar "tactical voting" platform. But the boundary change kicks out a lot of Tory-friendly areas (now part of a seat called Mid-Buckinghamshire, which seems to be one of the last Tory seats not likely to leave their clutches) and as said, puts my place in with a Labour-heavy area of Milton Keynes.

4 hours ago, steviewevie said:

it really isn't just luck, although I agree that is definitely a big part of it. I know as a starmer hater you will always have this to console yourself with, but it isn't true. They have had to work at persuading all those red wall voters they lost to the tories in 2019 along with a whole load of tory voters in other areas that they can vote for labour, and at same time keep traditional labour voters on board.

There are hardly any popular politicians out there...cynicism and distrust is high.

The question is would Corbyn , RLB or Nandy be more popular coming into an election. The answer is probably not. In the last election people were actively voting against Corbyn, I don’t think swing voters are actively voting to keep Starmer out.

It’s not luck that Starmer ended up here. He could have thrown a tantrum like Chuka, but has made the right political calls. Hopefully he will continue to do the same in power, but will also need some luck.