UK Politics

kalifire

Just now, LJS said:

As far as I can see, that is not what he acually said, which is just as well, as he has no right to say such a f**king stupid thing.

rejoining the EU- whenever it happens won't be pretty for the politician who does it.

i guess hes anticipating an imminent tory attack of "labour want to rejoin the EU" as  their last desperate campaigning attempt.

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Is that essentially them admitting editorial policy restricts them from endorsing Starmer and co.

probably not that cos the sun has just endorsed starmer

(and he very unwisely welcomed it! 😞 )

I have absolutely no idea, so I have followd the example set by most parties in their manifestos & just made stuff up*

Labour majority size - 201

Main opposition party..Tories or Lib Dem - Lib Dems

Green or Labour in Bristol Central - Green

Farage in Clacton - Yes

Corbyn in N Islington - No (but I would love to be wrong)

Galloway in Rochdale - Please God No.

Shaheen in Chingford - No (but I would love to be wrong)

Who has most seats, Green or Reform - Green (more in hope than expectation)

*all fully costed though.

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

Green or Labour in Bristol Central - Green

biggest loss to labour from bristol central: thangam.

bristol central  will be one of just three seats and with no new breakthru seats, cos they've spent all their campaigning on their target seats.

lowest percentage reform vote to go to bristol. 

8 hours ago, Neil said:

biggest loss to labour from bristol central: thangam.

bristol central  will be one of just three seats and with no new breakthru seats, cos they've spent all their campaigning on their target seats.

lowest percentage reform vote to go to bristol. 

yeah think will go Green. Quite like Thangam Debbonaire though, a culture sec who likes culture...but Carla Denyer seems pretty sharp and would be good to have her in parliament.

11 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Is that essentially them admitting editorial policy restricts them from endorsing Starmer and co.

Their tone has been anti labour all week. They've had lots of stuff about vat on school fees recently and did 3 days this week on Starmers record as a lawyer. 

Popbitch reported they were going to back the tories because the new editor is a right wing mate of Boris. So neutral is a win I guess 

44 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Good one! Never ever heard the SNP-loyal calling Labour red tories! Very original 

SNP must be totally perplexed that their usual attack lines are falling on deaf ears. Losing 20 seats would be a good night for you guys 

Never been much of a fan of the "Red Tory" thing myself either - and its not a phrase I can ever remember using  - although I have certainly been critical of the party & its timidity on and off for about 30 years. 

However if the "red Tory" tag were ever to fit, it is now. The Labour party is now a party that will do anything (or nothing) to win, and seems much more intent on persuading Tory voters to change than actually changing the Country for the better.

I cannot remember a less ambitious prospectus for government from any party in the 45 years I have been voting. 

I had my reservation about New Labour in 1997 but stayed up all night watching the results, rejoicing in every Tory defeat & moderately optimistic that the new Government would be radically different to that which we had endured for 18 years.
Tonight, I shall stay up again & raise a glass every time the Tories lose a seat. The best I can say for the incoming government is that they can't possibly be worse than what we have endured for the past 14 years. 

Excited? Sorry. NO.

Edited by LJS
  • Like 1