UK Politics

kalifire

Just a quick dip back in … what a f**king great week or so that’s been … Lib Dem MP locally with a stonking 12k majority , sadly the timing went to sh*t so couldn’t help but did have a stake board … song sung by Chris Martin to me and I’m really quite optimistic about the adult start the new Labour govt have made . Things may not be entirely perfect but that’s always going to be the way of things a 12/10 week 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just a quick dip back in … what a f**king great week or so that’s been … Lib Dem MP locally with a stonking 12k majority , sadly the timing went to sh*t so couldn’t help but did have a stake board … song sung by Chris Martin to me and I’m really quite optimistic about the adult start the new Labour govt have made . Things may not be entirely perfect but that’s always going to be the way of things a 12/10 week 

all good, although sorry about the Chris Martin bit.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Means testing would probably open a massive can of worms....but wealthier pensioners should probably be paying more tax either on their income or wealth relative to worse off working people...

100% they should pay more tax. 

Also need to bin tax relief that Higher and Additional Rate earners get on their pension contributions.

Will never happen though.

53 minutes ago, cellar said:

need to bin tax relief that Higher and Additional Rate earners get on their pension contributions.

Will never happen though.

I actually think this is extremely likely in the autumn statement.

19 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

good. rich pensioners have had it good for so long

I think it works for the labour as they need the money plus they want people to stay in work for longer and not have to rely on immigration.

The only issue I can think of is if it hits productivity like tax credits do where when people hit the limit they knock back the work.